1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 1/30/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2018.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

kerr, pops, stevens, and casey has 10+ man rotations

you need #1 for #2
    you can only have players ready to step if if they are given NBA minutes
    no reason to give someone alot of minutes if he's not contributing/playing hard on offense or defense. sit them and play others.

or MDA needs to practice hard to train and develop Hunter, Williams, Markel, Qi so they'll be ready to play

that's coaching in game adjustments, utilizing roster, managing minutes, practice, development, and training

not simply I'ma run my 2 superstars and 33 year-old Ariza to the ground

Mr. Space City and SF3isBack!! like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

No words, just handing out likes because I’m so happy. Life is good Rockets fans. :):D

3. theimpossibles1

Hope you were joking.

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Haha. I stopped watching it after 5 min.

5. HookemHorns1250

It literally comes down to just realizing that most of us can put up better arguments than the "Media guys" tomorrow in Steven A, Max, Skip, etc.

Skip - "If Kawahi was guarding him...."
    Max - "MDA's system!"
    Stephen A - (I literally can't tell what side that guy is on. One week he's talking about us being the main threat to the Warriors, the next it's just the Warriors and injuries that can stop them. Same with Max. Max hates us one week, and absolutely loves us the next. Skip is just a freakin' moron.

TL;DR - We all know Harden is the MVP, don't worry about what the media tries to say. Even if it's positive, they'll be down on us in a week or so.

6. Remlap

Remlap Member

Are we certain that SwYYYYguy isn't really Skip Bayless' username?
    Always with the backhanded compliments. That was good. . .BUT. . .

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Drove 29 times, produced 34 points (32 by himself) off drives.

Anyone know what the record is for drives or points produced off drives in a single game?

8. Remlap

Remlap Member

Wouldn't expect anything different from someone who
    only criticizes James. Must be a really difficult time for you right now.
    We understand.
    But us REAL Rockets fans are going to enjoy the moment

[​IMG]

RCPM, Houstunna, Plowman and 6 others like this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I sat 2 rows behind the Magic bench. Found a single ticket for $270 and got it. One of the best decisions ever. I'm so glad I was there to witness that game.

Houstunna, Plowman, BMoney and 6 others like this.
  10. Remlap

Remlap Member

You were there to witness Rockets history (60 pts in single game)
    and also NBA history (FIRST 60pt triple double EVER). NICE
    You picked the right game

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not only that, they failed to even mention that he did it without Ariza and Paul. Top that off with Gordon going out during the game, and I would say it deserved a lot more hype than what he wanted to give.

D-rock, Remlap and don grahamleone like this.
  12. Mr. Space City

lol @ the "but it was against the magic" talking points.

like the rockets without chris paul, gordon, and ariza is not the worst team in the league.

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Excellent points.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. don grahamleone

Harden raised his January points per game average from 22.5 ppg to 27.9 ppg last night. Pretty amazing considering there were 7 total games played in January.

eslate22, deb4rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  15. don grahamleone

Harden scored 15 of the last 16 points by the Rockets last night. Luc Mbah a Moute made a FT with 28 seconds left in the game to put the team up 7 instead of 6. I'm not sure that FT was nearly as important as the 15 points Harden scored over the final 6 minutes and 55 seconds of the game.

Remlap and Houstunna like this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No wonder Harden never sought out a banana boat,,,,he can't swim.

17. Drogba

Drogba Member

Yeah, I've seen a lot of Kobe fans use the "it was the Magic" to try & discredit Harden's game like Kobe's 81 wasn't against the Raptors lol. 5th worst NBA team in the League & the worst defensive team in the League that season.

D-rock and Mr. Space City like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It was beautiful. I went back to look at the highlights and it seemed like I was the only one standing up and going crazy after made shots in the fourth. Even when he shot that three that turned into a 4 point play, you can see me stand up and raise my hands while everyone else around me was sitting lol.

D-rock and Remlap like this.
  19. Mr. Space City

and kobe fans crying about the 18 free throws like kobe didn't shoot 20 free throws when he scored 81.

D-rock, Drogba and Remlap like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Colin Cowherd:

Triple-double! Stats! Analytics! My head hurts.

[Plays Bill Worrell's call: And Harden gets a triple double! What a night for James Harden! What an MVP performance tonight. I've called games for Moses, Hakeem, Clyde, I've never seen a game like this.]

Colin: Let me get this straight, on a January night in a 82-game schedule against the worst team in the league who was missing their best player with Chris Paul out meaning you got every shot & a coach in Mike D'Antoni who elevates every single guard he's ever had, that triple double was greater than what Hakeem ever did?

BREAKING NEW: The Rockets TV announcers were high on air last night.

That was Orlando. Chris Paul was out. Mike D'Antoni is so guard friendly he made Jeremy Lin the talk of the NBA in New York. Mike made Steve Nash MVP. In an era where the triple double has gone from 18 in 2011 to 117 last year & on pace to break it this year, a league with no hand check, Chris Paul didn't play, a 60-point triple double is the best thing you've ever seen?

Let me give you another number for James Harden: 39. How is that number? That's how many he lost to the Spurs last year at home in the final playoff game. Another number: 2. The Spurs were missing their 2 best players. Another: 11 - the shots he took because he quit. Know how baseball has WAR & VORP? I'll give you TMZ. An hour after the game TMZ spotted Harden at a night club. Yeah, that loss cut deep. He's a hell of a basketball player. I'm happy for him. I really am. I'd love to have him on my team. He'll probably win MVP. Golden State lost last night by 30. Should I declare the Warriors are in a free fall? It's January. It's a night. CP3 didn't play. It's the worst team in the league. You're at home. The league allows no hand checking. Guards are setting records weekly. Think about this: triple doubles are up like 400%. Hakeem Olajuwon is one of the greatest players in league history who dominated Shaq. But that's it? The triple double. ... Harden is great but to say that locks in the MVP is like saying the Warriors losing by 30 last night has impact. None. Harden, as great as he is, could never touch Hakeem Olajuwon.​