1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul will not be an allstar reserve

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jan 23, 2018.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Good. Give him the time off.

D-rock, amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Saw a media member call tonight’s game the best of the season (Boston at Warriors)
    Close game in which the Warriors win: (BOS vs GSW) best game ever
    Close game in which the Warriors lose (GSW vs Rockets) ......crickets

D-rock, BallSoHarden, s3ts and 4 others like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

lol come onn..Have you watched any ASG lately? Players break less sweat than a team practice. And CP3 will be obligated to be in LA for the weekend anyway, it's not like he can go to vacation.
    And btw even if it has become a farce the X times All star still matters a LOT as credential to a players' reputation.
    So yeah 25 years from now, ppl will still be looking at CP3's number of years being an all star.

Absolutely ridiculous and an insult that one of the greatest PG of this decade isn't an all star while some completely undeserving like Wall, Green, Klay, KAT are.

D-rock, Deckard and Houstunna like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

people are acting like the ASG is actually taxing...it’s nothing

the ASG is on Sunday, and then the Rockets don’t play again until the following Friday, so stop it with the “CP3 could use the rest” comments as if he’d be doing such tiring work during ASW and get no break...CP3 deserves to be there and should be there, he has been way better than dudes like Klay and Paul George

Houston can only get 1 all star with this great a record while mediocre-good teams are sending over multiple guys? Ridiculous...

D-rock, Deckard, s3ts and 4 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

meaning we have more borderline starters and bench players than them

6. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Poor Cp3 has to leave his mansion in the woodlands, and fly to his mansion in LA/calabassas for the weekend for all start weekend in LA

Paul George is a forward, cousins was a f/center, a guard would not replace him.

PG, Lou, Cp we’re all in the convo of people who didn’t make it, life goes on stop crying

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it's all about who the league thinks they can still squeeze money off of -- that's always who they promote & feature, both off the court and officiating wise

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Indiana?

snowconeman22 and bloodwings19 like this.
  9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

It is a slap in the face to the Rockets to have a 34-13 record with 1 All-Star. We would have the best record in the Eastern Conference right now. When the Astros had that monumental lead at the All-Star break, they sent 7 All-Stars. Every year we have snubs, but not every year we have one of the best teams in the NBA and we get only 1 All-Star. Wins and losses should mean something to the All-Star game clearly the NBA rewards players in their prime and for marketing ploy. This media and east coast bias is ridiculous beyond reasonable. I'm going to make my votesssssssssssss count next year.

s3ts likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What is frustrating is CP will not get the official recognition of being an all star this year. So in reality, James Harden is the only all star on a team with the 2nd best record in the NBA as it relates to his MVP chase.

BUT, when it comes time to look at the MVP, the media will say Harden has been playing with an all star caliber player in CP, even though he didn't get the official recognition.

It is lose, lose.

OKC - 4 all stars
    HOU - 1 all star ( with CP3 averaging 19ppg, 9apg, 6rpg, 2spg and FG% splits of 46/40/91 )
    SAS - 1 all star
    MIN - 2 all stars
    OKC - 2 all stars
    NOP - 2 all stars
    PDX - 1 all star

D-rock, s3ts, malakas and 1 other person like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If you are this upset about cp3 not being an all star maybe you should question the abysmal voting turnout for him.

hakeem94 and mikol13 like this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

East coast bias? Are you really using the west coast bias as an explanation why Chris Paul didn’t get into the west all star team over a handful of west coast players and a replacement guy from Oklahoma City?

13. malakas

malakas Member

Half knowledge is really worse than complete ignorance.
    Position doesn't matter for replacements.

Go educate yourself buddy before you start lecturing others with facts you make up on your own, ok?

D-rock, Reeko, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I believe the fatigue concern is generally more about the 3-day crush of media attention and scheduled events that these guys all have to go to, rather than the practice and game themselves. I'd prefer that Chris get as much R&R as possible.

hakeem94 and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Facts ? I never claimed anything I stated to be facts, we’re both on a forum making opinions,
    I’ve been through this with you before

all I’m saying is PG was a forward, had better chance to make it with cousins being out, selections are made by positions

#2 homers from each side can argue PG, CP3, & LOU got left off for various reasons

Lillard was due hes good!!! and finally got on I’m cool with him making it

Klay is my problem, but once again LOU, PG, CP3 all could’ve took his spot it’s a toss up

But Cp3 missed a lot of games he would be 3rd on a lot of people list

Homer glasses off here

16. malakas

malakas Member

No they are not. When it comes to replacements, position doesn't matter. Did you skip completely over my other post?
    So stop claiming it was natural because PG is a forward. It doesn't matter one iota.
    There are you know...RULES in place.

D-rock and J.R. like this.
  17. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

I’m done with you moving on, I get Cp3 deserved it over Lou, lillard, PG, it wasn’t even close this year.

18. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Hopefully Cp3 will replace Wall in the ASG now that he's injured !

BigShasta likes this.
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Absolutely.

Plus you know that D'Antoni will insure that his All-star guard doesn't get run to the ground for a silly ASG. Even if he isn't the one coaching his squad.

**** for all we know his current injury could end up keeping him out as well. Who tf knows?

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Silver is replacing from the east so probably Kemba.