1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why would Reddick vouch for Ryan Anderson? Are they friends or just both white guys who can shoot?

2. basketballholic

They won't unless DeMarcus tells them he's not re-signing.

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Ryno isn't the same guy in the locker room any longer. He's not the loudest guy by any means, but he used to talk. Not so much anymore apparently.

He's simply not the same guy we signed a season ago, which is not necessarily all his fault. When you know that you're being shopped around, it's hard to latch on to a team going forward.

4. hakeemthagreat

I was opposed to trading at the beginning. But the more I watch the Rockets, it just seems like he's not there emotionally. Maybe all the trade talk in the offseason got to him, or maybe the closer the NBA trade deadline gets here he's looking over his shoulder now. But Ryno doesn't seem like he's very invested in the team. All though he's been sucking shooting the ball, I still admire his professionalism by still playin with a team EVERYBODY knows is trying to trade him. I actually think he can help another team win

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

BigMaloe and justtxyank like this.
  6. basketballholic

Pels might not get that much if they try to trade DeMarcus to a team he doesn't want to go to.

7. basketballholic

Sure they would. He's getting paid.

Rocket River likes this.
  8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

The thing with Ryan that makes him such a easy weak link is that typically when you have someone who lacks in one area, they generally do other things to take the burden off of said area.

I mean if your going to do something spontaneous offensively, mda system is the one that will most likely allow you. Look at Gordon and Ariza how they find the open path lots of times. I’m trying to figure out if Ryan’s limited role as far as what he can do offensively is his own limitations or the gameplan requires he doesn’t force it....?

He replicates the same two to three moves without fail.

1. Pump fake, go left, pick up the ball and give it to harden.
    2. Pump fake, go left, pump fake again and give it to harden.
    3. Pump fake, go left, step back mid range
    4. Drive right once every 5 games, pump fake inside to a shot
    5. Spot up shot five feet behind

He never tries any spin moves, or a dribble to a post move, or do the dirk from the right wing. He can be used so much better but is made into a 20mil shooter. If I had to bet I say my hunch is the system is forcing him to play this limited way. I almost want to study his game in N.O to see what he used to do over there, I’m sure I’ll find plenty of things are gone..

Update: upon just typing Ryan Anderso New Orleans on YouTube just this first video that comes up is enough evidence of my theory

Richie_Rich, Koperboy and s3ts like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They won’t do it. I’ll put $50 in the tip jar.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Lakers are not giving up Clarkson, Randle AND Nance for that package thats for sure. I know Deng's contract is just dead weight right now but its not so horrendous that they need to give up 3 of their young talents.

Also there is no way Ariza is being dealt - he is about as untouchable as they get after Harden and Paul.

Rocket River likes this.
  11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Here's the options I see:

Phoenix: Anderson for Monroe

Dallas: Anderson + Hartenstein + 2nd for Harris, Noel, McRoberts

Sacramento: Anderson for Carter and Temple

Utah: Anderson for Favors and Johnson

Indiana: Anderson for Thad Young

Brooklyn: Anderson for Demare Carroll

Deuce likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

13. s3ts

s3ts Member

My theory is, after he had some garbage games, the players called him out, and it completely got to his head.

The Jump was going on and on about how Ryno is hitting 70%+ from CP's passes not too long ago. Up until early December, I was thoroughly impressed w/ what he brought back.

My guess for the culprit is obviously James Harden. He clearly has the right to do this, the Rockets is his team. But I think it killed any shred of confidence that Ryno had.

14. rockets13champs

Ariza too important to give away right now

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can see what you're saying, but this specific trade doesn't really make any sense for New Orleans to me. Is it just an attempt to make it work from your side or does that trade make sense to you?

16. Classic

Classic Member

Lebron buyout this season confirmed:eek:

bilaal14 likes this.
  17. Jay713

Jay713 Member

nah, Ryno got paid and now he could care less about 100% effort. Happens quite often..

18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Another disguised thread of Ryan Anderson Appreciation Thread. This thread may outlast Melo to Houston thread.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

TMZ...

SirIvyLeague likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

good ole cf's...where you can make up anything