1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't think that's the most likely scenario. I think that would take some pressure off of Morey for this coming off season, but it is clearly unlikely.

They'd send us more garbage, not just Lebron, and ask for Capela, Ariza, Luc, whatever, in return. And I think there's better offers out for Lebron than what we can offer.

Someone on CF mentioned Kawhi for Lebron straight-up. If I'm the Cavs, that sounds more enticing to me than anything else, IMO.

Also, at least LBJ's contract is an expiring as long as he doesn't pick up the player option (which seems obvious to all that he won't anyway). Why would Cavs put themselves in a hole taking on Ryno's contract?

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I’m not sure you’re following. Im saying in late June, like CP3 did, he says he’s heading for the rockets in free agency, but it could help both parties if he opts in to facilitate a deal. rather than the rockets having to gut the roster, and the Cavs getting absolutely nothing out of it, theY make a deal where Ryno is routed to a 3rd team.

3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

You my friend are clearly lost.

Clint, Ariza, and Luc will all be free agents and we will have no way to trade them unless they all agree including the Cavs to taking them, the salary, and then them wanting to play in Cleveland. More chance of me performing heart surgery successful on myself.

Read a little more would ya.?!???

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

This is the most likely scenario and this is how it will most likely go down.

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

r u dum

The Greyhound 33 likes this.
  6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I think if it goes down, this is how it’ll happen. I think Bima suggested as much too. My question is if we trade for him with him opting in, does anyone know what exceptions would we have to pay additional players like Ariza and Luc? Tax payer MLE, full MLE, BAE?

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

yes, we do

some people on here would actually say no to Lebron, I’m amazed

What would u rather do instead? I need another realistic option that could get us a chip if we’re declining adding Lebron.

Hakeemtheking, Fyreball and Vivi like this.
  8. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Forgot we have ariza’s bird rights but Luc we’d need exception $$ to pay him since he’s on a 1 year. Still interested in knowing what kind of $$ we’d have for FA’s.

This of course assumes we could get rid of Anderson’s contact and Capela doesn’t command crazy money and/or CP3 takes a cut to keep Capela

9. s3ts

s3ts Member

Lebron is a whopping 30 mil this year, expiring. Would you rather wait for THAT expiring or Luc, Ariza, Capela, etc??

If you're looking for a great expiring contract, it's Lebron. Ryno is a huge hit against your salary cap in the wrong way, and we'd have to give away really important pieces for THIS season's playoff run. Essentially, this year's playoff run would be a complete wash.

"Read a little more"?

Jesus Christ, gtfo w/ stupid **** like this. What are you, from Brooklyn? People can have NORMAL conversations without your side bullshit.

10. s3ts

s3ts Member

Let's wait and see, then. I'll remember your proposition after the trade deadline.

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Capela's new contract is inconsequential to our ability to trade for LeBron in this scenario, and also CP3 wouldn't need to take a pay cut. We'd have their Bird rights, and can match any offer to Capela. a sign & trade however, would cause problems.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is too old.....let him go somewhere else.

DD

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

please tell me you're talking about lebron.

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lebron has a no trade clause and he will not waive it to go to San Antonio if they are trading Kawhi. There is not really a more appealing trade destination than Houston because Lebron can force Cleveland's hand to trade him to wherever he wants to go, and if they don't he will just opt out of his contract and Sign wherever he wants to go.

15. s3ts

s3ts Member

Melo had a no-trade clause. It didn't work because we weren't willing to give up great pieces, and they weren't willing to take Ryno without some other advantage. So he ended up in OKC, a 6th seed from the previous season.

And that's not even my point.... if you read my post, I'm saying trade to go to Htown is not the most likely scenario. I'd say Lebron does whatever this season, and opts out.

It's what he's ALWAYS done. He's never forced a trade, and he always left his teams high and dry.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

He made Cleveland trade him to Miami instead of just signing as a free agent.

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

Okay, S&T.

In any case, I misunderstood the post I was originally replying to. I thought all of y'all were saying he's going to get traded to HOU by the trade deadline.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Von Wafer and DMO combined can bring LeBrons skill sets at a fraction of the price.

#298 Caesar, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Is this the same astute analysis that told us Kevin Durant is a poor defender?

DaDakota doesn't want Kevin Durant or LeBron James.
    Gimme some more of that DMo! He is young!

FOH

Caesar, DonKnock and justtxyank like this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes, this is the scenario that @BimaThug mentioned. So the time AFTER the 2018 draft and BEFORE the start of FA is when a deal could be done. This would allow the Rockets to trade their 2019 1st round pick. Rockets probably would have to cough up their 2021 1st as well.

D-rock and Fullcourt like this.