1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D’Antoni: The rotations are what they are!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Jan 22, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah , I forgive him for tonight ... But if the trend continues then I will raise hell .

Also I think it's laughable that MDA " hates it for Gerald" ....no he doesn't lol . If he did , he would have tried him over Gordon for a 3-4 minute stretch .

Obviously 3-4 minutes isn't going to make any player happy , but it's better than nothing and hey , maybe if he's hot you can keep him in .

Stormy1234 and DonKnock like this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Bites

Gerald Green is S.O.L. (S*** Out of Luck)

Collect your money young man and always be ready

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Green will get minutes eventually. We won tonight and it worked out.

Do you honestly trust green over gordon in a close 4th quarter? I certainly don’t.

Reeko and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

eg was +9 tonight ... vs warriors had team high +15
    [*yes, i get your point.]

nacho bidness likes this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Mda is a fool and harden will be tired + cp3 injured because mda didnt play green instead of gordon for 5-10 minutes tonight?

I didnt know that it worked like that.

6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

GG can play shooting guard and there were a couple of opportunities to give him a few minutes with Gordon being cold. He slips him in for two 3 min spurts to see what he does. Gordon slips to 24 instead of 30 mins. Not ideal, but maybe he catches fire and burns them, while Gordo was ice cold.

Rocketeer4Life, bilaal14 and DonKnock like this.
  7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Harden and Paul are both coming off recent injuries yet they’re playing the most minutes on the team; both over 35

Could’ve taken 3 minutes away from each and given them to Green.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

No I don't . I don't question MDA's fourth at all . I think there was probably an opportunity to play Green before that ... But I agree it's a nitpick .

I hope you're right . I'd like to believe you are. But , MDA's history says it will have to be a blowout for green to play ...

And recently , it seems that a 20 point lead isn't even enough for him to pull guys .

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Game was too close.

Maybe the next one.

bilaal14 likes this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

I just think that its easier said than done. We needed everything from harden/cp3 tonight for that W.

Dantoni rested cp3 in the 4th for a couple minutes and had to put him right back in to get the W.

11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

MDA’s coaching style with tight rotations is probably one of the main reasons he hasn’t gone as far as he could have in the playoffs. He’s notorious for running players in the ground. You would think with the high pace style he demands his teams play he would have a deeper rotation especially now that he has options. I just don’t trust him.

JVL713, Bo6, bevo202 and 3 others like this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

It’s really not.

There were huge stretches where we were playing 3 guard lineup or Harden and Paul together. The whole premise was to keep Harden OR Paul on the floor at all times. They have been overlapping much more than initially advertised.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Green is another wildcard against GS. Play him!

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

MDA is the best coach we’ve had in a long time.

You guys keep b****ing though.

Reeko likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Green will get his chances in the future. The harden + CP3 lineup was very effective tonight.

Dantoni didn't trust green out there tonight.

He liked the way we looked defensively and trusted the offense to come for that lineup.

17. mockster

mockster Member

This is just dumb to me. If he’s producing why not give him some minutes?

Bo6, pippendagimp, Mazulis and 3 others like this.
  18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I'd like it if MDA could find 10 minutes for Green just to see if he's stroking that night but no way I'm arguing with his basketball wisdom. We have had some HoF level coaches but MDA seems smartest and most successful of them all. Long as we keep winning against tough teams, I'm not going to get bent out of shape about Gerald Green. I think tonight was the first game our whole team was healthy. He'll get his.

JVL713, j@amc and Jayzers_100 like this.
  19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Green will most likely get about the same minutes as Troy Williams and KJ before him...

MONON and hakeem94 like this.
  20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Green was a starter for the Celtics last year in the playoffs and by Celtics beat reporters accounts he was one of the team leaders.
    The Celtics wanted to keep him but eventually got capped out by the Kyrie and Hayward acquisitions.

The writing is on the wall for him to become KJ 2.0 simply because MDA likes short rotations and no real other talent evaluation purposes beyond that.

Brad Stevens found a way to get something out of Gerald but MDA has already given up on him, by his own admission in these damning post game remarks.

MONON, hakeem94 and roxallways like this.