1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump expected to end "Dreamers" program

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Sep 3, 2017.

1. conquistador#11

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

They ignored CHIP when they were trying to shove the Graham-Cassidy Healthcare bill down our throats in September. GOP is a joke.

3. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Not cruel at all. Shouldn't have been here in the first place. And they knew that.

So, since Bernie Madhoff stole a lot of money, should his kids get to keep that money and all the accouterments it bought? After all, it was the parent that committed the crime right?

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

https://amp.thedailybeast.com/im-a-...illed-me-with-dread?__twitter_impression=true

Why do you want to kick this person out of the country?

5. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Because they and their family flouted our law and came here illegally. Whether you (or they) want to admit it, that shows a basic underlying disrespect for this nation at an important level. We either have a sovereign country or we don't. Period.

Just because Obama unlawfully gave these illegal aliens a reprieve doesn't make them Americans. I can't break into your house and call myself a member of your family.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Some 10 years old kids are pretty advanced and might know the pain that it would cause him and his wife and their young children when he get deported 20 years later. Then there are some older adults that are still not yet advanced enough to understand basic cruelness.

London'sBurning likes this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes. How dare their family try to improve or even save their lives, and the lives of their kids and want to come here to simply live! Such disrespect for the country...

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are more American than you. And better people too.

I'd like to keep these hard working dreamers who are doing everything right and ship fools like you who spew hate from your keyboard to some shithole place where the gov't can't do anything right and people are backwards. Like Kansas.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can't expect our friends on the left to care about immigrants or minorities breaking the law, to people like that, they only see things like race, class, or other identity group. The Marxist basis for their ideology suggests that anything an oppressed person does is acceptable and that's all they see, oppressed classes and oppressor classes. They will ALWAYS positively view an oppressed class doing literally anything to gain power relative to an oppressor class.....and funny enough, that's why sometimes they end up eating themselves when they can't decide which oppressed class is more important than others. For example, since one can only be oppressed or oppressor, who gets to be the oppressed when there is conflict between a a black trans female and a cis hispanic female lesbian immigrant? You'll get a fight to the death over that one with plenty of finger pointing.

#409 Bobbythegreat, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Aceshigh7 likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your bigotry and hate is revealed you miserable POS.

My god, how can a child break the law?

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Are you kidding? If a 14 year old slashes your tires, burns your house down, or robs your mother at gunpoint, have they not broken any laws?

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Most 14 year olds I know don't have the authority to move where the chose.

I'm pretty sure you experienced the same sentiments.

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I was only taking exception to the blanket statement that 14 year olds can't break the law.

14. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Lord, you need help.

SIL

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My God man, you can't just use "It's the LAW!" and expect it to be a strong argument.

Slavery was the law too, I guess you'd be defending it then as well? Fact is, some laws are wrong. Your opinion on this thankfully is in the vast minority, hopefully, our legislators will do the will of its constituents before it is too late.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, yes, let's compare having immigration laws to slavery because controlling who is allowed and who is not allowed to come into your country is clearly a human rights violation.

I do hope that you realize how stupid what you just said sounds.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The stupid thing is that you can't see how silly your argument is.

"It is the law therefore it is right." Is well, quite frankly, a stupid argument to make. Obviously, laws change. If that wasn't the case, then Liquor would still be illegal AND Slavery would still be legal, if you can't understand how this destroys your argument that is a fault of your own. The argument that it is the law and therefore isn't for argument is just flat out inane.

It is even moreso considering the public opinion on it is more than 80% of the American public, clearly, people think this is a law that should change.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It is the law AND it is right. It's not right BECAUSE it's the law, it's the law BECAUSE it's right. You comparing a country having borders and controlling the flow of people in and out of that country to slavery is quire frankly pants on head r****ded. Slavery was something that was wrong, having borders and controlling the flow of people in and out of a country is not wrong.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ummm, you're calling my argument r****ded and you are comparing the drawing of borders to migration. These are two completely different things buddy.

All while using the 'It's the LAW!" argument, which I'm sure you wouldn't use for any legislation you wish were changed like Affirmative Action programs.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps you just aren't following along. Having immigration policies means that you have a border and you control who can come and go.....you have to acknowledge that or the conversation can't go any further due to a fundamental misunderstanding on your part as to the nature of the conversation.

You contend that deporting people who illegally entered the country is the same as slavery. I think that's really stupid. That's our disagreement here. I believe that having borders and controlling those who are allowed inside those borders is perfectly fine....even vital to any civilized nation. You seem to think that is some kind of human rights abuse.