1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Opinion on (non-) suspension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Jan 17, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

I don’t know about yall but to me it’s obvious as day the Rockets, in particular Green - who not coincidentally was great for us against the Warriors - got suspended for more than 1 game since we play the Warriors on Saturday.

Look at all the precedents and you’ll find either a 1-game suspension or not a damn thing. CP3 and Harden were not suspended since they didn’t do anything! No protection due to national TV games as some idiot on here suggested nor due to being head of PA.

I am also of the firm belief that the spillover beyond the game gave the league the perfect excuse not to fine and or suspend Austin and Blake, both golden boys of the NBA and protected - light skinned and being the son of respected coach Doc helps.

Thoughts?

#1 OTMax, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Blake need be suspended 4 push da Anthony 4 cus he have even liter golden skin than Blake do and he is not protected?

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I will be making a thread on my opinion of the situation shortly

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Thanks for the laugh, that English is just awesome and too many gifs and memes to choose from that I just decided to respond as follows:

Gwhat?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

The league tried to make the Rockets look like the good guys early on in the season, here to defeat the big baddies (the Warriors) but they realized too many fans still hate the Rockets (and Harden in particular) so their plan didn't really work out. Rockets are just easier to market as the villain. Plus, there are way too many bandwagon fans that love the Warriors now (basically all of West coast fans reps the Warriors because their own teams suck)

Suspending our two key wings for the next 2 games vs two playoff contenders on national TV, that'll really make the non-Rockets fans happy if we lose.

I think D'antoni should send the league a message by just resting all of our starters for the next 2 games and play our D-League guys. I'm sure Pop would've done this a couple years back just to spite the commissioner.

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Can’t wait!!

I’d like to purchase an advanced copy, please

Sure there will be a surprise ending. The Butler did it (Jimmy Butler)

Pen15clubber and don grahamleone like this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So, to recap, you think a 1 or 0 game suspension was sufficient for them charging towards the Clippers locker room in a manner that resulted in police presence. 2 game suspension was given to handicap the Rockets against a juggernaut Warriors team that probably would have been favored anyway?

Your theory doesn’t hold much water, for me.

topfive and bilaal14 like this.
  8. alethios

alethios Member

I get where you're coming from and you are probably right in thinking this way, but the fact that Rivers and/or Griffin didn't get even a scolding doesn't set well with this fan base. We'll get past this, but it's obvious to even the most casual observer that punishment should have been dealt to both teams.

Louka likes this.
  9. rockets13champs

What an idiot what does being light skinned have to do with Austin Rivers and Blake not being suspended

10. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Supposedly it’s a well known fact that lighter black people get better treatment than their darker brethren.

Also, lots of people here in LA say that Blake barely touched mike and it was a mistake if he did since mike was on the floor.

Also, I’m betting we will play better without Ariza. Luc basically does everything better except for the corner 3.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I just want to take an opportunity to give thanks to NBA Front Office because whenever i found myself whining and b****ing about what they do, it's an instant reminder to me that my thinking is off the course and I should never ever rely upon others for my happiness and creation of quality content in my life.

pippendagimp likes this.
  12. valorita

valorita Member

We have been soft lately and I hope this incident gets us back our edge.
    I think that we have been lax because we thought that a full and healthy team makes us pretty good, therefore everone was playing somewhat cautious/nonchalantly.
    That's how you lose 5 in a row and like 8 of 13.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh boi, Light skinned?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He touched him I am sure of that but in the video it does not look like he went full hard at him so yeah, there is not much evidence.

15. rockets13champs

Ok but isn’t green light skinned so why did he get suspended. Skin tone got nothing to do with this one man

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

He should have been suspended for at least 1 game.

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Please make a 2,000 word posting of how you're going to leave, first.

SIL

rockpileindisma likes this.
  18. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

What are you trying to do with this comment?

Roc Paint likes this.
  19. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

hahg*y

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Location played a part.