1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: DeAndre Jordan eyeing Rockets - will come at discount if Clint Leaves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Don’t be shocked if Jordan opts out of his player option THIS summer and leaves the Clippers. I don’t expect the Clippers to be overly upset one way or the other.

DonKnock likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I watched the first half of the game last night
    He was Man Handling Stephen Adams

Dude was a true beast .. .

Rocket River

3. today

today Contributing Member

If Jordan does opt out, could the Clips then do a sign n trade with him? I'm not sure if a sign n trade approach would be beneficial to us, I'm just wondering if it's an option at our disposal.

4. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

I was thinking the same thing last night. He is way better than Clint that’s the big man we need

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

One has a power game, the other has a speed game. I wouldn't cry if we had both, somehow.

DonKnock, Chanmarr, da_juice and 2 others like this.
  6. omgTHEpotential

FT% this season:
    Clint 58.1% (3.3 attempts per game)
    DeAndre 60.0% (3.2 attempts per game)

:)

alethios and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

DJ would cost too much to acquire THIS season, trade for Nerlens Noel instead. Would rather have Clint AND Nerlens instead of DJ minus Capela, Ariza/Ryno, picks, etc.

JamesC and BigShasta like this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Boogie Cousins!!!!

BigShasta likes this.
  9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

After getting Houstonian GG in a Rox's uni, I think it would be pretty sweet to bring DeAndre in as well. These dudes want to ball at home and given their talents we should bring him home (at the right price of course).

DonKnock and Rocket River like this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

might as well get Buckets too

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

A
    Capela is good and improving but if we want to win a championship we might need someone like Dj or Adams. A bigger body that can run too. Good thing about Capela is he runs pretty fast and he is young and improving. But against big bodies or guys that like to bully he doesn’t cut it. That’s why we have Nene.
    But Nene is old and he needs more maintenance lol.
    Dj imo is Capela and Nene combine.
    I mean his freethrows are bad. But lately Nene and Capela seem to be as bad as him.
    He is more durable though. Jumps out of the building. Always seems to go strong at the rim. I’ve never seen him do a soft layup, specially right infront the rim.

Another issue I have with Capela is he often doesn’t stay with his man as much as possible on screens. I’ve seen Ryan get posted because Clint couldn’t or didn’t wanna switch back to his man. Even Ryan telling him to switch back. Either that or he tries to defend a guard who blows by him or scores because he leaves enough space. Or lately how many times he fouls when the player gets a layup or shot.
    A lot of guys do it too but he has no excuse. Either jump straight up, let him go and score or foul him without letting him score.

Still he is great on this system. Is just that those mistakes cost the team or he should at least start learning from those mistakes. It seems he keeps doing them every game.
    I’m ok with his FT%
    His defense has improve but someone should tell him to switch back whenever possible to have less mismatch.
    He should be more focus on his man or on layups. He needs to stop trying to get every shot block. That most of the time creates an easy put back on the rebounds.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  12. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

bushy eyebrows match the hair aspect of the beard...

13. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

But how good will Beard + CP3 be in 3 years? There will be more Capelas, but we may not have another Harden this century, so we have to maximize his peak years.

Chanmarr and Beardaholic13 like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

H-town homecoming. First Green...then DeAndre?

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I'll tell ya, from the Clippers games I have seen, DeAndre a lot of the times looks a bit disinterested. He has had some games where he is really locked in. Was intense in that Thunder game. But there are a lot of games where he is just "there."

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t think he really wants to be there, plus the team is sorry so he doesn’t have much to play for

17. basketballholic

Yep. Have to think long-term. Many, many players NEVER get better after they get that big deal. Some just maintain their game. And many actually quit working as hard and regress. It's kinda like the stock market.

18. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I would take DJ at $10-15 a year over Capela at $20+ mill a year

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just wish he would come here at a discount simply to give his home town fans a team to go crazy about, and contenders a team to fear for years!

Heck, Harden is already filthy rich with his Adidas deal and all, so maybe someone with some persuasion someone can get him to slide a little of his money off the table to get what we really need. Now that would be sweet!

20. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Can any of these 20m centers dominate Warriors' 3m center and make them pay to have a trash at center position?