1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Need to give a 3 years contract to Green. Another lou williams or Michael Beasley

bilaal14, deb4rockets and s3ts like this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

I kind of like this and they can keep the pick even. Could the filler be one of their back up centers, please.

The Greyhound 33 likes this.
  3. Calebhardin9

Calebhardin9 Member

It feels like we are one good backup guard away from being complete when we are healthy. Weber has been good but we could uprgrade. Anyone know of any buyout candidates we could get to fill that emergency PG spot?

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

He would give us another rim protector besides Clint and TJones would love to play in the small ball MDA line-up. Definitely something to consider.

6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Anderson/Black/Onuaku/'20 Grizzlies 2nd/'21 Rockets 1st

FOR

Saric/Johnson/Bayless

Does Philly bite? He's not the greatest defender, yes. But he CAN shoot (better than Home-Ryno) and he actually can get his own shot and has enough vision and awareness to create from others. High-post playmaking, drive & kick, etc. Adds another dimension to our offense. We take Johnson as contract filler and Bayless for his contract anchor. Saric has a weird fit on their team with Embiid the star big, Simmons the defacto forward playmaker, Fultz on his way back, and their need for shooters around Simmons when he's working.

Philly gets a pure shooter for SPACING purposes and a solid backup big. Onuaku is a project and they get two picks for their troubles (Grizzlies one will likely be low 30s based on their outlook).

Is this too much a lowball?

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Not really a PG, but Jordan Crawford is out of the league. Gets buckets

Calebhardin9 likes this.
  8. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I haven't been on the Ryno hate train but...I'm inching closer and closer. Lets get smaller and more defensive.

BKN gets:
    Ryno
    plus a 1st Rounder

HOU gets
    Demarre Carrol

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

he’s not a buyout candidate, but a dark horse for me is Jarrett Jack through a trade

the Knicks are starting to falter a little bit and have a road heavy schedule coming up (they’re 3-13 on the road so far), if they continue to slip and get further and further away from playoff contention then perhaps Jack could be had as they look to give more time to Frank Ntilikina and make him the starter

Calebhardin9 likes this.
  10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Capela+Anderson+Black+Future 1st for Ibaka and Valanciunas.

fattz and JamalP. like this.
  11. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Trey Burke and Beno Udrich are available.

Calebhardin9 likes this.
  12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Milwaukee was identified as the 3rd team involved in the “agreed” 3team deal for melo built around Jabari.

I think Milwaukee is one of the few teams who would be suitors for Ryan. But I doubt capela is involved in any deal not involving a center. And I doubt think we make a trade just to clear the books. It will have to be an upgrade.

But Milwaukee is a primo 3rd team when needing to shed Ryan’s contract.

da_juice, baller4life315 and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I think even @Codman has mentioned young bucks before. Would love a addition of Parker and also maybe Henson too.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Atlanta receives jabari Parker and Memphis 2nd (via Houston)

Milwaukee receives Ryan Anderson and Atlanta 1st (protected)

Houston receives Mirza teletovic and Marco bellinelli

Seems fair all around.

Atlanta will be taking a shot on Jabari at the expense of a future 1st while gaining a very early 2nd which is like a late first with better financial flexibility.

Milwaukee gets better and gains a future asset. Depends on their outlook on Jabari but his injury history is so bad this may be their opportunity to recover value before he hits free agency.

Houston gets a stretch 4 replacement and a veteran depth piece. Both are stroking very well from distance and give us better financial flexibility going forward.

We could turn around and give PJ the starting nod and improve our starting defensive lineup. We can then have more offense and shooting coming off the bench. Really improves depth because both are players I think mda would trust.

#354 BigMaloe, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    da_juice likes this.
  15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Admittedly, one of the main reasons my suggestion is unlikely is Milwaukee doesn't really have a role for Anderson. They're also in the unique situation of being a pretty good team with only their 1-4 rotation set and without an obvious role for Parker, also. A Clint for Parker based swap could and should have enormous appeal from Milwaukee's standpoint.

That said, from our end we could tweak the original deal - Clint/Ryno for Parker/Maker/Teletovic. Give Thong Maker the starting nod at the five and hope he's ready. Still an enormous risk, though, especially when you couple it with Parker's injury history. But don't sleep on Parker. When healthy, I know - big "if", his game is Melo-like. Would be a massive upgrade over Anderson and gives us another big gun to try to test GSW before we throw the kitchen sink (sans Ryno's life-ruining contract) at LeBron this summer.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Ryno for Jared Dudley and Troy Daniels.

17. aroundtheblock2

I don't think the Rockets have very much to give away in terms of picks....ATL has like everything.

18. rocketseagles07

I think this might be one of the only realistic ryno trades I can see happening

19. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Anderson and a first round pick to Sacramento for Randolph and Carter?

elmotsangtt and JamalP. like this.
  20. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Agreed, my other favorite trade is

SAC gets
    Ryno

HOU gets
    George Hill

MDA/Morey goes extreme with guard heavy lineups at all times with Ariza at the 4 and Moute/Capella/Nene at the 5.

CP3/Harden/Gordon
    or
    CP3/Harden/Hill
    or
    Harden/Gordon/Hill etc.

Embrace the clutch likes this.