1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I expect......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

this whole argument is
    Brett Farve (the gunslinger)
    versus
    Alex Smith (the steady hand/no mistakes)

Rocket River

Pen15clubber and ApacheWarrior like this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Oh really. I’ve posted on previous threads the LA boys might join together to nix a Bobby Brown move.
    I included CP3 on that list; not because CP3 is from LA, but because of the time he has logged in LA.
    I was sure he has run into Bobby Brown on several occasions. Not just this past summer in the Drew league.

CP3 said one reason he came to the Rockets was because of (LA guy) Ariza.

So it’s pretty much established that Harden/Ariza/Bobby Brown/CP3 are not going anywhere.
    I laugh when people suggest Ariza in trades. Ariza will re-sign this summer

Reports this week CP3 closed on a mansion about 30 minutes outside of Houston in a gated community.
    Mansion has something like 14 bathrooms (9 bedrooms and a huge garage). Unless the wheels come
    off this thing.....I expect CP3 to re-up this summer. Something tells me that sources have whispered
    in his ear that the Rockets will take care of him. He is happy.

amaru likes this.
  3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Is this what you expected

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree with you. It’s a silly argument. The two compliment each other well like a running back that
    runs between the tackles and a running back that is better hitting the edges. Or sweet and sour chicken.

CP3 is a top-5 PG to ever play the game. IMO in there with Stockton and “Pistol-Pete.” Of course he
    is going to look great in this system with 3-pt shooters everywhere. I stated he would when the Rockets
    picked him up.

Now how good would CP3 be at this age while playing for D’Antoni’s Suns in place of Nash? Probably very
    well; but not as good as the current Rockets team. That’s because they didn’t have the 3-pt shooters to
    space the floor like the Rockets have now!

@basketballholic has lost a lot of respect from me with this thread. It’s really beneath him to attempt to
    diminish Hardens value in such a manner; appears to me that he is trying to force a square peg into
    a round hole to try to prove a previous point made on another thread. Don’t know which one though.

Takes you (@basketballholic) down closer to that troll swyyyguy’s level. You are better than that. I don’t believe
    all the effort you put into the forming a conclusion will change anything that we don’t already know. CP3
    is great.....duh. Harden has been healthier over the years and can actually carry a team for longer
    periods of time during the season. Much like your argument of how Nene should start at Center. Nene
    can’t sustain it for a full season......neither can CP3.

I’m hoping you find greater enlightenment and a new appreciation for Harden who is a top-5 talent in this league.
    Research Hardens offensive numbers with those of a guy people considered the greatest....Michael Jordan.
    Yes Harden doesn’t have the defensive numbers; but teams use to beg for a player that could at least put
    up the offensive stats MJ gives you. You might come to appreciate how important a good closer is.....
    and that Harden is one of the best closers in the business. Every NBA Star needs other stars with
    them to get thru the playoffs. Put LeBron by himself, and you get first and second round elimination.

#124 ApacheWarrior, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  5. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Bobby Brown doesn't deserve to be on an NBA roster. Morey cutting Canaan for him is not tolerable.

Brown doesn't even approach the game in a respectable way. He's a ball-hogging chucker with a defense allergy. Disgusting style of play for a 33 year old vet.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

With all due respect my man this really is not beneath the hollic. This dude in the past has actively rooted against members of the rockets and would boast about how he was right when our players failed. He also is a frequent spread or of fake news

RiceRockets and ApacheWarrior like this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I can’t argue with Browns defense.

I was curious on how Harden and Bobby Brown were doing in the Drew league in the summer of 2016.
    The highlights constantly showed players cutting along the baseline behind Bobby Brown who lost
    focus of them. Easy baskets of dunks and lay ups.

When your star player wants BB on the team and your second best player backs up the first.....Bobby stays

I feel your pain.

amaru likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Thank you PENster. I was not aware. I thought he was just old school like McHale in the sense that he is always
    pushing for the big center, with the team playing plop-plop style.

And a beef against Harden for TO’s and defensive lapses.

Thank you for enlightening me. I don’t waste my time with the troll swyyyguy anymore......I no longer will
    waste a single second with basketballholic either. I don’t like my time wasted.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I’ve had many arguments and debates with holic but I think your missing his point here.

I don’t think he is trying to imply anything other than what he’s always implied is we needed a second elite facilitator. Hes also been steadfast that we need a better facilitator than harden to take the ball out of his hands and reduce turnovers.

He got his wish and I’m not mad one bit. It was obvious we needed another elite playmaker. He’s just excited and confident and optimistic to finally see his desire come true of having a true elite pg running the team and reducing turnovers.

Also he surely isn’t no where near bad as swyyguy his lame trolling/baiting.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

His wish was for a "true elite PG"? Dude spammed the board with his obsession for trading for Ricky friggin' Rubio

lmfao

RiceRockets and topfive like this.
  11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Trust me I get the hate lol I understand his obsessions all likely crazy. I’ve argued with him countless times.

But what I’m trying to say here is I don’t think he is trying to push an agenda or bash harden in anyway. He is simply excited to see what he has always wanted and he’s optimistic.

The thread should be called I predict rather than I expect but that’s just holic with his unfathomable amount of confidence in his opinions.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Dude said we should trade for Rubio and have harden as a secondary option. And if harden doesn't like it to ditch him. I think it's safe to say he is either insane or he has an agenda.

topfive, Rocket River and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

14. basketballholic

Pretty accurate. Cochise not worth my time to respond to. Everybody can read my posts and know I've consistently said Harden is a top 3-5 player and he's one of the greatest scorers of all time.

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’m leaning more towards Pen15clubber on this one. Not that I don’t respect your opinion.

If basketballholic were truly a Rocket fan that lives, eat, and drinks basketball such as an aficionado
    he would be bringing out the positives and leave well enough alone.

A true basketball mind can appreciate the artwork Morey has put together. We are looking at a Rembrandt
    being painted and put together.......and holic is scratching graffiti on it by diminishing Hardens value.

Who would have guessed the Rockets would be so close to the Warriors 2 years ago. This team has made
    advancements despite basketballholic ‘s objections I’m sure. Thank goodness. Once this team is healthy
    teams beware. The Rockets probably have a sub major move coming at the trade deadline. Could it be one
    move that could shore up two positions like trading Black/Troy Williams for Dedmon rental and a precious
    ball handler. Perhaps. Other teams win without 3 or 4 ball handlers.....so can we. Cavs probably have
    2 ball handlers of quality; but because they are in the East it doesn’t matter. They still have to get by the
    Warriors.

Objective of this season is to get closer. Melo was the planned addition going into the season. Post up-
    Iso plays that can create his own shot. The patient game didn’t work out and the Knicks worked out another
    deal. Oh well, the plan remains for the Rockets.....continue looking for a third star preferably that plays
    a stretch-4. Now is that Melo at trade deadline or summer? LeBron this summer? Paul George?

Impatience for any ball handler may interfer with the big picture of big star fishing or hunting yet to come.
    Clubber makes sense. Both Holic and I wanted CP3 at the time of the trade. Deep down I knew he and
    Harden would compliment each other well. Did Holic hope CP3 and Harden would play a tug-a-war
    with the ball and cause disruption? Looks like he is trying to rock the boat now. CP3 is better at playing off
    of Harden......Harden would not fair so well playing off CP3 mostly. We all know Harden is a little attention
    deficient. Decreasing Hardens value or usage will be dropped a big notch when the third star comes.
    Not before then.......you risks throwing everything out of wack for anything less. Rockets were fortunate
    to find Gerald Green who fit seamlessly.

Holic keeps pushing Cousins. A guy well know to be a cancer in the locker room. Again is it to cause strife
    with Harden and the team?

Warriors pride themselves on making 5 passes on one possession without a dribble. Ball handlers
    are overrated.

I agree that know one is as bad as swyyyguy!!

Don’t hold your breath Holic on a trade of Harden or big name point guard add on this season.
    Yule C.....CHIEF

#135 ApacheWarrior, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Rashmon, topfive and Pen15clubber like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

We’re just yanking chains.....bunch of bros

Pen15clubber and hakeem94 like this.
  18. basketballholic

Against the Warriors:

With Paul in:

76 possessions