1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James harden injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jan 1, 2018.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i expect harden to miss ~3.5 weeks, going by the ironman history of his body. and out of the 11 games in that span i expect us to win 4 or 5 of them. so we'd still be about 30-15 by the time he returns, not the end of the world i guess. we could still make up some ground and finish with 60 wins

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I would like to think this too -- but just making the playoffs needs to be a priority at this point!

3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Two weeks doesn't cost you MVP. Now if the Rockets go on another 5-game losing streak at any point with him in the lineup, that might do it.

... Although if they go on another losing streak while Harden is out, that might actually help his case.

Stormy1234 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Bruh, don't overreact... Unless we are an absolute disaster without Harden AND he misses a solid two months, we are not going to miss the playoffs. This losing streak freaked everyone out, but we may well be a top four team in the west even with just one of Harden or Paul, assuming everyone else is healthy. Let alone the fact that Harden will most likely be back within the month.

napalm06 likes this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

FIFY

RA needs to be a 20M impact player or Morey needs to clean his mess
    Morey needs to improve the roster/depth
    MDA needs to play & develop whoever he has Webber, Williams, Qi, Jackson, Chianu and not run Cp3, Ariza, Ego to the ground
    Green needs to build chemistry with others and fully learn our offensive & defensive philosophy
    MDA & team needs to work on additional plays

mockster and amaru like this.
  6. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Or running Luc into the ground if/when he comes back... But when he gets healthy, I like our rotation at the 3 and 4. Center and point remains shallow until Harden gets back, though.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I feel like since CP3 has been here, he hasn't quite got the chemistry with Capela yet. This is a great opportunity for them to really connect.

I will be watching Capela during these weeks. The Rockets are going to need more from him. Especially defensively. I hope he is up for the challenge.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets take a hard look at making a move for DeAndre Jordan.

amaru and hakeem94 like this.
  8. napalm06

Trust me, I have zero expectations. I'm not freaking out, I'm starting completely neutral and I'll let the team's play decide how I feel. They can't feel sorry for themselves, and they can't be over-confident. Gotta take it one game at a time.

SuperMarioBro likes this.
  9. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Dude, you havent been watching many Rockets game...Capela is one of the reason why we've been winning. He has been perfect defensively and offensively. If he didnt sit those games off, we would still be undefeated by now.

10. napalm06

BREAKING:
    The Rockets have begun aggressive adjustments due to James Harden's injury, including growing Trevor Ariza into a 7 footer.

[​IMG]

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yup, you caught me...I haven't been watching many Rockets game. Who is on the team again?

Little Bit likes this.
  12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't know if I'd go that far... Capela has definitely had some nights where he struggled to guard certain players, and/or just generally looked a little lethargic defensively. He has forced MDA to bring in Nene at times when he really shouldn't have needed to. Good for sure, and easily the best we (or many teams) got at C, but far from "perfect". I do think that had he played, we have a much better chance of winning most of the games we lost without him, but we really sucked it up in a couple of those games. Capela might not have been enough (especially against Washington).

LorneMalvo likes this.
  13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Dave Feitl is revolutionizing the point center position.

Hakeemtheking, Nook and Deuce like this.
  14. leungevity

leungevity Member

Take your time and get well Harden!

DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

If the Rockets are over .500% the next 4 weeks, it will mean that Anderson and Capela are clicking with Paul.

Rocket River, DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Pretty much.

We expect Gordon and Ariza to up their games, but it is what CP can do to "augment" Anderson and/or Capela that can elevate the team while Harden is out.

DonKnock, Stormy1234 and Nook like this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The more guys we lose the more our remaining guys get abused and then we have more injuries. Really wish we would have entered the season with 1-2 more guys who aren't total dipshits on the floor. Green was a step in the right direction. Sucks now though. Cp3 is going to get abused and he arguable should be on a strict minutes restriction.

DonKnock and napalm06 like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He won't. CP3 will unleash MDA's system. We will see things from players we weren't seeing in previous games.

Save this. I hope you quote me in the future.

banzai and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I didn't mean abused like he will get his ass whooped I mean he will get abused in the sense he will be playing too many minutes for his current health situation. I don't disagree that he will excel

napalm06 and DreamShook like this.
  20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Some folks say that this injury had nothing to do with MDA... I aint buying it....
    MDA has run guys into the ground in search of 'regular season greatness' his whole career...

I've said it before... and I'll say it again... MDA is a regular season stat padder... He runs all his starters long after the game has been decided to further ramp up his offensive stats - so he will be viewed as some 'offensive genius' - rather than the guy who has no post season success....

It prob wouldnt piss me off as much as it does if he wasn't so smug about it...
    Last year following game 5 vs SA, reporters were questioning his short rotations... he got all flippant with something like 'some people just dont understand...' ...then we had the game 6 meltdown... after which he was all talking about needing to rest guys (Harden) in the future to be ready for the playoffs... lip service.... look at Ariza's minutes this year... Harden was already injured and he was still running him hard...

I'm not gonna say MDA is an idiot... cause I know he has beneficial traits... unfortunately you could drive a semi through his blindspots... smh...

vlaurelio, Vivi, J.R. and 1 other person like this.