1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Climate Change] Summer Watch 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Mini Ice Age on the horizon?

https://news.sky.com/story/scientists-predict-mini-ice-age-could-hit-uk-by-2030-11186098

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Why doesn't @Cohete Rojo ever respond to questions that he is asked of in this thread? Lock the thread then. He isn't interrested in any discussion, just misleading tweets.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

uh, no. His full response was "nothing is true! Alt-right!"

My points stand, as not a single liberal can refute them.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Refute what? Your point is that Climate Change is somehow about economics right? Other countries like France are selling climate science as a way to boost their economy through alternative energy development.

Well no sh$% Sherlock.

The US should be doing the same thing if at the very least as a chance to remain the global leader in this industry. As a Capitalist society, our industrial complex leadership should be paying attention to consumer demands, and no person in their right mind, other people like you, would choose pollution over clear air and water. Hence why some CEO's for companies like Exxon wanted to stay in the Paris agreement. Some get it, some dont or don't care (see Koch industries).

Consumers prefer energy that doesn't harm the environment if they are given a choice, and for some stupid reason, Trump and his Coal Ministry followers like you push for a reversal back to the 1930's in energy technology because you think it will make a couple more bucks when in reality the US is likely to get passed up pretty quickly by Chinese and European companies that are seizing on this opportunity to get ahead of the US.

Luckily there are some companies like Exxon and Shell that are pushing develop the technology further because they are smart enough to know the global competition is about to push fossil fuel companies out if they don't adjust to consumer demands. They just need right winger media, the GOP, and online trolls like you to keep people dumbed down on the science for a few more years until they can play catch up.

Good luck trying to do your part in keeping people dumb.

krnxsnoopy and R0ckets03 like this.
  6. bigtexxx

1) You were too lazy to try to refute my points
    2) Instead you went on a long, rambling rant
    3) I picked this sentence out to highlight your inability to reason. Question - are costs a consideration for you? PWN3D

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

1) There was no point to refute. As I said.... No sh$% Sherlock. Of course other countries use Climate Science to try and get a leg up on the energy industry. Doesn't mean that the US shouldn't also be trying like hell to do so as well, and it doesn't mean the science is "FakeNews".

2) I guess you need pictures and graphs to follow along for a whole 3 paragraphs in your old age. If it's too long for you, don't read it, and stop whining about post length.

3) Yes.... costs are a consideration. Consumers are smart enough to evaluate efficiency all around. People don't just drive hybrid or electric cars because they are friendly for the environment... they do it for fuel cost efficiency as well. Its the same reason why my 88 year old Grandfather who is as right wing as you can be, has solar panels on his homestead. If it makes cost sense, is friendly to the environment, and is all around more efficient, the consumers will pick that option every time.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's to refute - you just make up stuff as present opinions you pull out of your ass as facts. I mean, should I waste my time to go through your crap and point out why it's nonsense? You wouldn't acknowledge it anyway.

Fact is your party is fighting against the economic livelihood of this country - you and anyone who buys into the whole climate denier nonsense in support of your part are just stupid. You're the worst of America. This country deserves better than people like you, RussianLegend, and Trump. Worst of America. A disgrace. You're an embarrassment. I am sad to have to call you a countryman.

9. bigtexxx

Strawman! Slippery slope! Cussing! Insults! Off topic! It's the liberal special!

Everything except facts, logic and reason.

The liberals on this board are not worth my time.

Happy New Years everybody!

10. bigtexxx

Another jr high liberal off topic, no-logic special. Not worth my time. Bye.

Happy new year!

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Your number three if reading the entire paragraph, along with the context of the entire post would seem to imply that the advancement of the tech would then make the energy comparable in cost and therefore an average person would then prefer.

But hey his post is already too long (number two)

Anyways back to the thread. Let's see some more statistics on local weather!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. myco

myco Contributing Member

Need to know the forecast today. Came to this thread expecting answers.

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Must believe Trump, who has a track record of lying about trivial things like crowd size, than those biased scientists! Fake news! Sad.

14. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Just wanted to quote how funny this post is since he linked a real time graph. Anyways, I hear it's hot outside.