1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Broussard said a league source told him Paul George to the Rockets is a possibility

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Dec 19, 2017.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Yes, not even a question. He does everything better times 10.

2. aroundtheblock2

How do you know Ariza is in play? Seems as if you're just assuming this based on how you think about the trade because Morey has never explicitly stated this. So, unless you have a source from Morey directly, this sounds like YOUR deal for Paul George...even though you have no idea if OKC would even deal him to begin with.

saleem likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wouldn't do the trade today but if we haven't won at least another game against the W's and the Spurs I'd think about it. If we're 3 games ahead in 1st place then year don't touch the team

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Multiple.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Just out of curiosity....why would okc do this?

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Not going to happen.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

bc its common sense. you have a chance to get a premier player but you dont want to give up a role player. yeah that makes a ton of sense. any role player would be in play for the right deal.

so whats more credible morey's track record or you and your assumption based on what, nothing

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

only if PG has sent them strong signals that he’s not re-signing there

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. aroundtheblock2

Lol, oh yeah, guess they forgot about that little part! But you know...its on the 2 yard line...rabble rabble, etc. etc.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Broussard is absolute trash, I don't believe him, but since we are on the topic, I'd only trade Ryan Anderson and a 2nd rounder for George. His value is low and only a few teams will take the risk (Cleveland and Rockets), everyone else would probably wait till free agency and see if they can convince him to come. Anderson on OKC is exactly the type of player OKC needs. George is bolting from any other team that isn't a championship contender at the end of the season, hell the Rockets/Cavs would be no guarantee that he would stay since he is so in love with LA (@Nook does say he is not the brightest guy in the room either).

mikol13 likes this.
  12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I'm guessing because they know Paul George is leaving them in the Summer & they would rather lock up some contracts for a year.

Ariza one year left? Anderson 2.

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If you can get George, you have to take a serious look.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Salary cap relief. That's why I don't think we'd have a shot. Paul will end up in Phili or some team that has cap space to absorb him.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

But I'm not sure any of what we have other than capela and EG? Is worth giving the Houston Rockets a (even temporary) big 3. And I think without capela and eg we aren't who we are.

16. xaos

xaos Member

I'd do Luc and EG (Troy thrown in to make the salaries work) for Paul George. Luc is expiring this off season too, so the argument of having Paul George leave this summer is a Moute point. This also slides Ariza on the bench or allows us to play the ultimate small ball with Paul George at the 4. Either, way we would have that option.

Imagine if you're Durant going up against a rotation of Paul George, Ariza, PJ Tucker. That's pretty tough.

Anderson has really played like the Mini-Kevin Love on our team this year and it has really opened up the floor for the Capella/Gaurd pick and roll. EG is better than Anderson, but CP3 and Anderson are more valuable than CP3/EG.

The only thing that would bother me here is that Paul George sometimes thinks he is clutch when indeed he is one of the least clutch "stars" in the NBA over the last few years. So, he'd HAVE to accept the fact that it's Harden or CP3 with the ball at the end of the game and it's their call as to whether or not to pass it to him if he is open.

All that being said, this may be the closest to a "do not touch" team we've had that I can remember. So, we'd ultimately be risking our chemistry.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can't imagine the Rockets risking the team's current chemistry UNLESS Paul George's agent has indicated he'll immediately sign an extension. But really I don't see why the Thunder would be willing to trade him to us unless it's just a straight up F U to the Warriors.

18. aroundtheblock2

Common sense? How are you going to make those contracts work? Why would OKC want Ariza in return? This is just fantasy land.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

how is it common sense, why would OKC even want Ariza of all people

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I just have a hard time believing they will give us harden and PG

YaoMing#1 likes this.