1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Morey need to make a move?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Dec 16, 2017.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

con’t from Post #60

@D-rock

Because Trey Lyles is cheap, it may be more feasible to piece a the small contract/player match for Lyles.

Because Ryan Anderson has improved defensively as noted by his DRtg and visual eye test. I believe Ryan
    won’t go anywhere. He will always underachieve that contract; but he is more tolerable. Other teams still
    won’t pull the trigger on a Ryno deal.

Tucker has proven to me to be our center in small ball lineups. He can matchup with Draymond Green vs Warriors.

Lyles would allow Tucker/Luc to help concentrate their talents to guarding SG’s and SF’s during the
    rest of the season. Or any PF the Rockets pick up allows Ariza to rest more due to more help from
    Luc MaM/Tucker

Me personally I’m content with:
    Center rotation of Capela/Nene/Black......Ryan A/Tucker (small-ball lineups)
    PG rotation of Harden/CP3/E Gordon
    So PF is my main concern. It would allow very good SF rotations of Ariza/Luc MaM/Tucker.

SG would be covered with: CP3/Harden/E Gordon/Tucker/Ariza/Luc MaM. Adding a Gerald Green or Gerald Henderson would be just for insurance. IMO.

#62 ApacheWarrior, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

DEN just traded the 2nd best rookie in the draft for Lyles, who just logged 25pts against IND last week. not sure what we can give up that they would want for him

D-rock, saleem and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Morey will let you know when there is a need to be had. He's €10 steps ahead of everyone

Daddy Long Legs and Mazulis like this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah. I goggled Lyles rumors. Read a snippet by coach a month ago about how neither Faried nor Lyles
    have complained or pouted any over the power forward battle. Since Millsap injury.

Oh well, people known where I stand. Someone like Lyles who can shoot some 3’s who can guard SF’s
    moving up in position (PF) or has enough sand in his pants to defend centers acting like PF’s, such as Pau Gasol.
    On the cheap preferably. Since Ryan Anderson will receive $20 to $21 mill a year. A low level contract of about
    $3 mil would help negate all that money. $24 mil might be what one star PF gets on the free agent market.

People may need to come to terms that Capela is our 3rd Star. Alex Kennedy tweeted that the Rockets
    have 3 players in the top 7 in PER:
    Harden 30.5 PER (3rd)
    CP3 27.1 PER (6th)
    Capela 26.9 PER (7th)

Another tweet by Alex Kennedy:
    23 y/o Capela is posting career highs with 13.7 pts, 11 rebs, 1.8 blks, 68.7 FG%,
    FG% (1st in NBA)
    DRtg (1st)
    ORtg (2nd)
    Rebound% (3rd)
    Block% (3rd)
    PER (7th).....posted 6th. But since he tweeted CP3 was 6th. Guessing he meant Capela is 7th.

Re-sign the man this summer

Looking at the free agent stars coming out this summer......Melo with his ETO (early termination option)
    looks like the main guy that stands a chance of joining Houston. Just my opinion.

#65 ApacheWarrior, Dec 17, 2017
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not really moves to make.

We will likely be in the buyout market, not the trade market.

7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What does it mean tho

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

We have until mid February to see how this plays out. Short of moving Ryno in a real deal that I don't see happening, I see a buyout of Joe Johnson or Tyson Chandler as our best acquisition opps. I don't want to give up picks to churn the bottom of the roster. Sweet Lou ain't coming back.

10. Royal Ace

Royal Ace Member

As of right now, the Rockets have talent and depth at the guard, forward and center rotations. Our guard rotation is one of the most lethal in the NBA. Our forward rotation has depth and provides the versatility that is so critical to this team's success. The Rockets have possibly the best 3-man center rotation in the NBA.

The Rockets doesn't really need to make any moves except for signing players after buyouts. I think the Rockets should look to add a G/F combo who can play defense, has good length, that can provide an extra ball handler if needed, and can be a threat from 3s. The more versatility the Rockets have, the better they can become. Ariza, Tucker & Luc all play a critical role in Houston's defense and versatility. But I think adding a legit lockdown perimeter defender to the 2nd unit would be crucial to this team's success in the playoffs. The NBA season is a marathon. The more the Rockets can keep Harden, CP3, Ariza, and Capela fresh come playoff time, the higher the chance they have to upset the Warriors.

D-rock, HTX Ninja and saleem like this.
  11. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

Go get Lou Williams again
    And make them throw in bev

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Bev is out for the entire season, and Lou won't get meaningful minutes here. EG is a better fit for us, since he is average on defense.

13. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Cods sig is talking about Tyson chandler, the magic being a potential partner, Mirotic and Marvin Williams ... I'm not sure who TH is but he will be a pickup for the future?

Edit: Tobias Harris?

#73 BHannes2BHonest, Dec 17, 2017
    D-rock, saleem, RasaqBoi and 2 others like this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Tyson Chandler after buyout is a good pick up
    I’ve mentioned Mirotic before. Porter and Mirotic are clicking now. Maybe to increase trade value.
    Marvin Williams would be a good pick up
    Tobias Harris has my approval as well.

All are good pick ups and their numbers would improve with Houston.

#74 ApacheWarrior, Dec 17, 2017
  15. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Horrible idea. Lou Williams is a losing player, who would get eaten alive by Golden State.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

are we sleeping on bobby brown?

Williamson likes this.
  17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Harden is sleeping with Bobby Brown.

Remlap, swyyyguy, Williamson and 2 others like this.
  18. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I just want a competent garbage time point guard who can effectively run D'Antoni's offense for 3-5 minutes so that we can pull the starters in blowout games without giving up 12 points in 90 seconds. Is that too much to ask?

19. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I’d love Jonathan Simmons on the cheap.

HakeemOnlyFan and Remlap like this.
  20. awc713

awc713 Member

I’d take Deandre Jordan buyout in a heartbeat.

D-rock likes this.