1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Morey need to make a move?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Dec 16, 2017.

1. beardsanity713

End of the bench guys Rox

D Jackson
    B Weber
    Zhou Qi
    Bobby brown
    Troy Williams
    Nanu

would you replace them with any of these guys

Current free agents who could help this team

Leandro Barbosa
    Deron Williams
    Noris Cole
    Jordan Crawford
    Randy Foye
    Monta Ellis
    Gerald Green
    jordan Mcrae
    Jordan Hill
    Gerald Henderson
    Kris Humphries
    David Lee
    Beno Udrih

I'd personall take any of these guys over our end of bench guys

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

So you saying we would have 48 minutes of ryno when run goes to the bench. I'll take it:) he gonna. Be playing against scrubs

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i don't disagree with this, i like all these guys we have and you're right about the fact we go often out with a small ball 5, i just wonder if/how much we can trust Nene (due to injuries) and Black (due to lack of playoff experience) going forward, i would love to get Chandler if he gets a buyout by Phoenix even though i don't see that happen, but again, we're talking about little details, like i said i don't think we need to make moves, if going forward there's a good opportunity to make the roster even better i wouldn't pass it, let's say it this way.

4. fattz

fattz Member

Check his stats Lakers stats under Coach...

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Still cant believe we cut Cannan instead of Bobby Brown.

amaru, apollo33 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

We need some decent 3rd stringers thats about it tbh.

7. fattz

fattz Member

There is a lot of talent on this list. The question is can said talent sit and not play without ripping the team apart. We need humbled souls looking to provide help when called on and behave till then. Chemistry is key. Coach keeps his rotation and our newest play will not be part of it => not all players can handle this role. The players spend a lot of time together so new player really needs to except the role or our chemistry will be altered.

beardsanity713 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Bingo. Definitely could have used a few veterans like Lee, Ellis, Williams at the end of the bench for situations like last night.

As a win now team it’s hard to understand why guys like Weber, Jackson, Brown, Qi, and Williams are on this team instead of some older vets.

#48 Phillyrocket, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    beardsanity713 likes this.
  9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

AA has been on the Rockets' radar for seasons...check the posting history. He was just about ours until a last minute swoop. I was so angry that I changed my sig to "Afflalo should be a Rocket."

...Probably during the time the board was on fire with DD's creation of the AB vs. Lowry debate. haha (Love ya, DD)

Love you all of you this season. Be healthy.

You're worth it.

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I would like any one of Leandro Barbosa, Gerald Green, Gerald Henderson and try to pry Trey Lyles from Denver.
    Difficult because Denver is like the 5th seed and I’m sure they are pushing the Faried contract. Lyles contract is
    excellent. PER is great and per-36 min numbers are very good.

I was pushing for a DeMarre Carroll a few weeks ago, but after watching him recently I’ve come to the
    conclusion that he is just too light.

Troy Williams has some value to a team molding talent. I love Troy Williams potential . Just wasting away on the bench
    when the Rockets could trade his youth and athleticism. Mean while bring in a vet not working that can
    provide some experience and not mind sitting at the end of the bench. Green is still athletic. Henderson
    can still shoot and leap. Barbosa is very savvy with high basketball I Q.

Qi is probably 2 years away from being playable. His value could be high for a team building.

Rockets would be set for this year.

beardsanity713 likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or more positionless 3-D players who can also handle the ball:

Barbosa
    Fredette (no D)
    Anthony Randolph
    Jamaal Franklin
    Raphaiel Putney
    Thanasis Antetokounmpo

Putney and Randolph can be small ball centers.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Rockets are going to trade for a player, would love Aaron Gordon. Has developed a consistent 3 ball and can defend all 5 positions. Work ethic, versatility, length, athleticism, IQ and hustle would make him a perfect fit on this team. Still young too, worth 2 first rounders to become the 3rd superstar on team IMO.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We could certainly use another big and another guard as fillins for injuries or specific playoff situations

saleem likes this.
  14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Peter and Ashley are the same dude

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Get Nerlens for a bag of chips. Seriously, get Jeff Teague if we can.

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Buyouts, motivated vets for peanuts.... benefit of bein a true contender.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Buyout market is more likely than trade.

Do they need to make a move? Yes, they need injury insurance. They don't just need another player....more importantly, they need a "MDA rotation approved worthy player." Someone that MDA WILL trust. Something he doesnt seem to have with Williams/Weber etc.

D-rock, Nook and mikol13 like this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

[​IMG]

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great to hear from you Cod. It seems to me that AA is done now. I feel that another swingman may help keep Harden and Ariza fresh in the playoffs. Luc is terrific, but his shoulder injury is a matter of concern.

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

D-rock my friend. Yes Aaron Gordon is top of every team’s list. Because of that it would take a Kings ransom imo.

Here are the numbers from basketball-reference.com of 3 main characters mentioned among us: 17/18 stats
    R Anderson: PER 13.4
    28.5 mins, 8.7 FGA, 45.3 FG%, 6.4 3PA, 40.2 (3P%), 5.4 TRB, 0.8 ast, 0.4 stl, 0.4 blk, 11.3 pts, 119 ORtg, 108 DRtg
    Per-36 mins: 14.2 pts, 6.8 TRB, 1.0 ast
    $19.6 mil/ $20.4 mil/ $21.5 mil

Aaron Gordon: PER 19.9
    33.3 mins, 13.1 FGA, 49.0 FG%, 5.5 3PA, 40.1 (3P%), 8.0 TRB, 2.2 ast, 1.0 stl, 0.8 blk, 18.3 pts, 116 ORtg, 108 DRtg
    Per-36 mins: 19.7 pts, 8.6 TRB, 2.4 ast
    $5.5 mil/ RFA $7.3 Qualifying Offer

Trey Lyles: PER 19.0
    15.5 mins, 5.3 FGA, 51.2 FG%, 2.2 3PA, 49.1 (3P%), 3.6 TRB, 0.8 ast, 0.4,stl, 0.4 blk, 7.6 pts, 123 ORtg, 109 DRtg
    Per-36 mins: 17.7 pts, 8.4 TRB, 1.9 ast
    $2.44 mil/ $3.5 mil/ RFA $4.63 Qualifying Offer........this is a production to dollar prime Morey-contract.

Have you heard any rumors of A Gordon wanting out or Orlando possibly moving him?

Not that I have heard any on Trey Lyles.

#60 ApacheWarrior, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017