1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 12/11/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Only 3 2nd half assists?

Why is Harden becoming increasingly ballhoggish.

not srs

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

So happy that the Rockets took this W with the opponent shooting lights out!

At the mean time, the OKC lost, Anthony pityful 11p, 2r, 2a, with 3 turnovers. I wonder what could run through Camelo Anthony's mind after re-examming his summer decisions before sleep.

Ramo$e and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gotta long way to go. Can't rely on Paul, Ariza, Tuc and Luc all the time.
    I'm happy that Harden got 6 steals.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Looks like I missed a helluva game. Can't wait to watch the replay tonight!

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Just made it to Chicas Locas. Lets see what these Cubanitas have to offer. :D:eek:

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Nah, my enjoyment of the game would be the same. Just being realistic as to what's to expect tomorrow morning.

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

We lost the 3pt battle

We lost the rebound battle

We won the turnover battle but surprisingly got killed on pts off turnovers.

They were more efficient from the field.

We won with free throws (which we shot poorly) and points in the paint.

Amazing

j@amc, Patience, Blurr#7 and 4 others like this.
  9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ya, definitely room for improvement but when your offense is as good as ours is, you have a wide margin of error....as long as the guys on the team know that isn't going to cut it against GS for a 7 game series.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

huh? you cant rely on key guys in your rotation. well thats odd one

Patience and The Greyhound 33 like this.
  11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Got some tough ones coming up, back to back with the Spurs and Bucks.

Really needed this win, hopefully the b**** ass Blazers play GS like they played us the other night.

12. Remlap

Remlap Member

Are Harden and Paul going to be able to work together?
    Here's a clip of them taking over the 4th Q

[​IMG]

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm glad Harden plays for us.

Deuce, Nook, Ramo$e and 4 others like this.
  14. Drogba

Drogba Member

Be honest, who thought Harden was capable of taking over like that in the 4th after he appeared to re-injure his knee towards the end of the 1st half? He didn't look right AT ALL in that 3rd then he just randomly took over in the 4th on both ends.

15. val_modus

val_modus Member

The quality of these wins have been impressive. First off, you could mentally think, "We've won 9 straight, we've earned a night off" for both of these past two games where we've been down double digits in the 4th quarter. On top of that, one of those games saw us shooting our season low in threes, whereas the other saw our opponent shoot a franchise record in threes. Our versatility and defense is winning us games. But the narrative won't change with ESPN or the Inside the NBA crew.

16. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

As long as the Warriors know that how they’ve been playing this season wont cut it against the Rockets in a 7 game series......

jojolover, Tfor3 and Ramo$e like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure why this really matters. he was actually following his other teammates imo instead of really taking over. cp3 and capela took over the game in this for me and began the swing houstons way

18. Why not?

Why not? Member

What a time to be alive! What a time to be a Rockets fan!

THESE BOYS HAVE NO QUIT.

CP3 has helped harden with the only few things he needed help with to be the best player on the planet (shouldering some play-making, helping him play more efficiently, & helping him build that defensive/killer-instinct/tough mentality). It was great to see CP3 take over when we really needed it!

Also, how great was it to see EG play so well? Very timely!

AND MY LAWD.... CAPELA! You sir brought your lunch pale tonight against Boogie.

I freakin' love this team. We had no right winning that game. The Pels played WAY BEYOND themselves and shot so otherworldly for so much of the game I thought there had to be no chance. We earned it with grit. We didn't even really use our Death Lineup... we used a few hybrids because you could tell MDA wanted to keep EG on the floor. Smart move. Everyone getting to taste adversity and build confidence in themselves and in each other.

Warriors who?

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Are you on Google like me, with no NBA TV?

If so, there is a reddit thread that you can watch all the games and with Google you can cast them to your TV, for HD quality streaming.

DD

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Crazy game tonight. The Pelicans were playing like Houston on offense. But the Rockets did what they had to do. In the end, they played defense down the stretch. That was all they had to do the whole game was put together a stretch of solid D and they could put the game away.

Chris Paul showed that heart that we all appreciate. He was the definition of clutch tonight. He willed the Rockets to stay in the game and come back.

Every member of the team did what they had to do.

Harden was MVP tonight. His defense was solid in the clutch, and he was distributing the ball with ease. But he also made big shots and steals when the Rockets needed it.

They did what they should do continuing to run against the Pelicans and wear them down on the second night of their back-to-back. Capella played his game to perfection and made sure he was in the right place at the right time to do the most damage. It wasn't the best-played game the Rockets have had, but it was one of the best wins.

The Rockets didn't take the Pelicans too lightly because Davis wasn't playing, and they made the adjustments needed to pull out a win.

I was really happy with tonight's win especially after the scare against Portland last game.

j@amc, Patience, Tfor3 and 3 others like this.