1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Middle East] US embassy in Israel to be moved from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

Im not concerend , on Wensday Trump will move the embassy to Jerusalem, and on Sunday Jesus will destroy this wicked State ....unless they starts believing in him which is ....doubtful

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

We all know why. It’s 100% Political. I doubt Trump really understands the significance as someone who only recently took an interest in Christianity.

He’s doing this now to appease his Evangelical base because his approval numbers are slipping to the lower 30’s.

That is the only reason this is happening, and while a lot of people believe want to see this eventually happen, it’s hard to see any competent president doing this without a peace deal in place given the fact that it will inflame the region.

But the Rasmussen poll....

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Another great idea by the great Trump, cause more unrest in the middle east.

edwardc likes this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There are hundreds if not thousands of American personnel that would have to move. Given the sensitivity of the issue, their lives are being put in danger. Not to mention the lives of other Americans in the surrounding region. Is that additional risk worth whatever diplomatic gain is being envisioned here (which is dubious, in my mind), or is that not even part of the decision making calculus?

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

This is not going to turn out well at all why does this dude like creating so much drama.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the goal of negotiations is a two-state solution, then you don't want to pre-judge the outcome of negotiations which this does. It weakens the position of the United States in helping to bring about peace.

Yung-T and edwardc like this.
  8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Israel is going to pay a heavy price for this action. I could see another war breaking out over there. At a minimum, violence will escalate and Israelis will die in more numbers. I'm sure Israel really wants this action...so let them pay a heavy price for it. It's on them. And, if America pays a heavy price for it, then Trump is completely to blame. Where is the upside in this move?

Dopamine likes this.
  9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

If you move the embassy to West Jerusalem and couple it with the proviso that East Jerusalem will serve as the future capital of a Palestinian state, maybe you have a net positive.

Who here thinks our future Unindicted Co Conspirator-in-Chief has the diplomatic chops to pull this off? lol

He will probably locate the embassy in East Jerusalem. My guess is attacks ramp up and Israel ends up in all out war again. Sad.

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

[​IMG]
    And it keeps getting better.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

From the dude who says he doesn't want America to be the world police.

Might as well bomb Saudi Arabia right now since that's the **** storm this will be to them and other muslim allies.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I kind of disagree with you for once. Agree it's 100% political, but this is a very smart Bannon type scorched political earth move.

Trump is now extremely concerned about the ongoing investigation. What can help bump that from the news better than footage of scary dark-skinned Muslims burning things including American flags? It will feed Fox news for weeks, at least.

He doesn't care how many people, including Americans abroad, could be killed. He literally is sociopathic, at least, and does not care one iota about the lives of others. The evidence for that conclusion is ample and covering about 70 years.

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

This, at least he haven't started a real war yet, but that could be coming soon.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This is the type of noise I was hoping Trump would make. Recognizing Tel-Aviv has not brought anyone closer to peace so fack it. Move it and re-establish negotiating positions. Also, I would not be opposed to "moving" it but keeping most American diplomats in the actual Tel-Aviv satellite office.

btw... Check out this headline from CNN.

Why declaring Jerusalem capital of Israel is controversial - CNN
    www.cnn.com/2017/12/05/middleeast/trump-jerusalem-explainer-intl/index.html

Since when can a US president declare a capital of another country?! And about this "declaring," Israel declared Jerusalem capital since the 50's so nobody is declaring **** right now. The word is "recognize" but what right does any country have to tell another country we don't recognize your capital that you rightfully chose. Unless we think that independent countries don't have this right. Regardless, this is why everyone hates CNN and media in general.

15. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Do we ask Canada where to put the Mexican embassy?

cml750, AroundTheWorld and ipaman like this.
  16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Heads of Jerusalem churches deliver last-minute plea to Trump
    By Sue Surkes Today, 4:41 pm 0 Edit

The patriarchs and heads of all the churches in Jerusalem on Wednesday delivered a last-minute plea to US President Donald Trump, urging him not to change US policy toward Jerusalem for fear this could cause “irreparable harm.”

“We have been following, with concern, the reports about the possibility of changing how the United States understands and deals with the status of Jerusalem,” a letter from them Wednesday said.

Trump was giving a speech later Wednesday in which he is expected to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. The move has sparked widespread outrage in the Arab and Muslim world, fears of violence and pleas from world leaders to hold back.

[​IMG]
    US President Donald Trump meets with Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in New York on the eve of the UN General Assembly on September 18, 2017. (GPO)

“We are certain that such steps will yield increased hatred, conflict, violence and suffering in Jerusalem and the Holy Land, moving us farther from the goal of unity and deeper toward destructive division.

“We ask from you, Mr President, to help us all walk towards more love and a definitive peace, which cannot be reached without Jerusalem being for all.”

The letter goes on, “Our solemn advice and plea is for the US to continue recognizing the present international status of Jerusalem. Any sudden changes would cause irreparable harm.”

The letter is signed by the heads of the Greek, Syrian, Armenian, Ethiopian and Coptic Orthodox patriarchates, the Latin church, the Franciscan Order, the Greek-Melkite-Catholic patriarchate, the Maronites, the Episcopal Church, the Armenian and Syrian Catholic churches and the Evangelical Lutherans.
    +++
    Our Useful Idiot-in-Chief bringing the world together.

Kumbaya

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think both could be true, but I'm just thinking about what the Trump biographers always say about Trump's way of thinking, and how compulsive, and simple his mind really is.

Often his reactions turn out to look like a web of reactions that ultimately got from A to Z, and people think its some master plan, but in reality its just a series on compulsive actions that ultimately got him to where he was always going.

Here I can literally see him stewing over the Rasmussen poll he got in the morning, and then Jarred walks in the room, and he says... "Hey you know what would get my poll numbers back up... my Evangelicals, and that thing you were working on with the thing in Israel. Christians Love Israel... lets do that Jarred... okay thanks, and get me 2 Big Macs and a Milkshake while you're at it."

and from that someone like Pence worked to draft this deal up. I just don't think Trump is that strategic, or really truly understands the complexities of Israel and the middle east in general. He literally might have only been thinking about the Rasmussen poll and "My Evangelicals".

B-Bob likes this.
  18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Jesus Christ

This guy is just absolutely obsessed with burning the house down before being kicked out.

Dopamine likes this.
  19. ipaman

What action? Israel has had Jerusalem as capital since the 50s. If you are talking about US action specifically, then what did you think about the US willfully ignoring Jerusalem named capital for the last 60+ years?

Also, LOL at everyone ignoring Obama's exact same position on this. Blaming Trump and making him accusing him of being wild, crazy, reckless, etc... when this has been pretty much every US Presidents position since the 50s. Only difference is it's been all talk up until now. I for one am glad we have some action instead of all talk because all talk has brought no peace, no palestinian state, no isreal security, etc.. in 60+ years. Maybe a different tactic will bring about a different result. Don't know until you try but we do know that talk hasn't done jack **** for anyone.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  20. ipaman

This will be ignored like the plague because cf.net sheep prefer to ridicule, bash, and blame Trump for everything.

RocketsLegend likes this.