1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Breaking] Flynn charged

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Dec 1, 2017.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Man, so many of these "best people" are being charged.

Is this a witch hunt on "best people" of America.

AroundTheWorld, Yung-T and No Worries like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There definitely are - both for him and his alt-right clown of a son.

They got him to plead to the lesser because they are going *up* the chain - guess who is above him in the chain?

AroundTheWorld and KingCheetah like this.
  3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not many positions higher than NSA!

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Are you guys still talking about this stuff?

Hillary lost, get over it.

Yung-T, JeffB, TheFreak and 3 others like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Now I'm 99% sure Flynn made a deal. No way does he plead guilty, otherwise, in my opinion.

AroundTheWorld and NewRoxFan like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

AroundTheWorld, JeffB, Yung-T and 3 others like this.
  7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tweet for everything log, day 314:

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He definitely made a deal. He is looking at less than year locked up instead of 60

AroundTheWorld and Deckard like this.
  9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Things are getting interesting, I still feel getting the underlings and censure Trump is better than kicking him out of the office, all this would not even be possible unless Democrats take back the congress in 2018, so earliest we can expect anything to happen is 2019.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

When will Ramon Sessions be charged? Either he is completely senile and does not know a Russian from a Mexican, or he is a bigger lier than Trump.

11. NewRoxFan

Well, Trump got the historic part right...

12. NewRoxFan

Important to note that both Trump and Pence knew of Flynn's work with Russia and Turkey (that he is accused of lying to the FBI about) as far back as November...

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

So much winning. I'm tired of all the winning. And the swamp draining.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He definitely made a deal, which is huge.

You only make deals with guys to get guys of higher standing and there is only 4 guys higher than Flynn - Trump, Trump Jr. Kush and Pence.

15. NewRoxFan

LOL, fair and balanced in carrying that trump water...

Yung-T likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Flynn will testify "that as a candidate Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians."

Amiga, AroundTheWorld, JeffB and 5 others like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was so much out there regarding Flynn he has to have given Mueller a lot for him to only face one charge.

JeffB and Deckard like this.
  18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

All these lesser plea deals for "lying" are a facking joke. If these folks are bad and corrupt then go after them to the fullest. Also you can't lie to the FBI if you're not under investigation by the FBI which is a another reason I HATE these pleas. The other problem with that FBI is the example of the Clinton/Lynch tarmac meeting. Apparently the FBI was more concerned about the leaker of that meeting & meeting details (some security contractor working at the airport) and focused their "investigation" on him. That's the problem with charges like "lying to FBI" again because you have to be investigated in the first place and with an FBI which picks and chooses it's targets that can be a huge corruption problem.

So here is what we're faced with. Alleged corrupt politicians working with Russia/Russians OR corrupt FBI organization who might be politically targeting investigations. They both suck for this country and again all because these weak plea deals that will net so much credit and congrats & million dollar book deals for the lawyers who got them.

It's clear to me that what I've been saying since day one (Trump won't finish term) is getting closer and closer. Trump went so far that he has no friends, only enemies. This is a FBI driven coup-like attempt (supported and emboldened by both sides) under the guise of cleaning up corruption. This is disgusting to me because corruption is corruption and I don't by the doing bad things for good reasons because the people always lose. And before you roll your eyes, remember FBI's seemingly on and off corruption radar and ask yourself why decide to go after this corruption but ignore other.

All that said, I'd rather have an FBI coup to replace Trump than Trump try to battle the FBI & I'm sure he'd prefer ending his presidency earlier than planned over a bullet to the head from one or two "crazed" gunman.

19. NewRoxFan

Gee... lets look back at what Trump said about contacts with Russians...

Trump and Sessions Denied Knowing About Russian Contacts. Records Suggest Otherwise.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/02/us/politics/trump-jeff-sessions-russia.html

Trump team issued at least 20 denials of contacts with Russia
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...s-many-many-denials-contacts-russia/98625780/

JeffB, Deckard, Yung-T and 1 other person like this.
  20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I still don't see how the dots connect. I'm struggling with this. What does Trump asking Flynn to talk to Russia have to do with Trump and Russia. Maybe a JCDenton style excel file might help.

JeffB, Indaface, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.