1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

North Korea Fires Ballistic Missile Towards East

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by No Worries, Nov 28, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes I agree that stating facts now constitutes as “liberal BS” to folks like yourself nowadays.

The fact is, NATO is key to our allies not just “sitting and watching” as you love to tout falsely, and Trumps own words and actions speak for themselves there.

And the FACT is Trumps state department debacle has been widely reported on. But I guess since the Right is now considered “Nationalist” it’s no surprise that the State Department is now being touted as a liberal mechanism by folks like yourself.

Lastly it’s a known FACT that Kim’s family regime has been seeking nuclear capabilities for decades spanning back to Bill Clinton’s term. Only recently they have advanced their technology (likely with help from your fav Putin) enough to be a threat to the mainland. However they have been a threat and technically we have been at war with them since the 25th of June 1950. I didn’t know Obama was president back then.

#21 dobro1229, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Nuclear NK that can hit the US mainland anywhere is a reality that we have to live with. Same with Russia, China, ...

The stupid thing to do is go to war with NK. That's what this admin might be doing.

If you want to blame how we got here, it's the constant and direct threat we (see Bush Jr) placed upon NK. We demonstrated to them how serious we were via Iraq war (Bush Jr) and how giving up nuke program isn't in their interest (see Libya). Bush Jr was also responsible for shutting down the nuclear deal with NK that might have happen if they continued where Clinton left.

Years ago, China obtaining nuke was a big deal. Now, no on care. We should strive for a NK that becomes part of the international economic community, like China and many other communist countries had. That's the smart path forward.

Fear, insult, escalation, without dialogue is what can drive toward war, preventable war. This admin is full of that, reaching the scale of NK nuts. Fire and fury. Rocket man. Dotard. Dumb and dumber.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump on North Korean missile launch: 'We will take care of it'

President Donald Trump on Tuesday responded to the latest North Korean missile launch, saying, "I will only tell you that we will take care of it," and that the launch was "a situation that we will handle." Trump gave no details on precisely what he meant by this.

Any bets that Trump does not take care of it?

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NK's only time when their nuke program was slowed was during the Clinton Administration when the administration was engaged in active diplomacy working to assure them that they were not in threat of being destroyed by our nuclear arsenal. That changed under Bush and their program took off again at record speed.

What people commenting on this and perhaps heading our nation is that they believe that the U.S. is willing to nuke them and wipe them out. They have nothing to lose by having more nukes and being able to strike against us. Showing them that it isn't in our interest to destroy their nation has worked in the not so distant past.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't blame Trump for Kim or their nuclear program. Even under Obama, we knew their program was advancing to where someday we would get to the point where they would prove a capability and we would have to choose to either accept it or do something about it. We are there now. It's just that I have zero confidence in Trump to lead us through this conflict with any wisdom. If Obama or Bush said we have to fight these dudes, I might not like it but I'd accept it. Even after engineering a war in Iraq we should not have fought, I'd still trust Bush enough to not repeat his mistake in North Korea. I don't trust Trump. His motivations are evil and his wisdom is poor. I don't know the best course of action and I put the responsibility of deciding on our high officials in Washington, but I have no confidence in them. If he nukes North Korea, if he does nothing, if he does anything, there's no reason I have to think that was the better course of action. Probably my best barometer is to look to John McCain, but even there I know he may not be able to tell me the truth.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Is there anyone, other than RocketsLegume, who would trust the leadership and judgment of our current Dipshit-in-Chief during a potential nuclear war?

Anyone, other than RocketsLegume, who would admit it publically?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When it comes to anything involving the military I'd trust the current president more so than the last president because the current president is much more likely to listen to his military advisers. The former "Dipshit-in-Chief" held the position that military advisers should be seen and not heard.

Honestly though, I would hope for better than either of them.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, Trump has shown how good of a listener he is. That's one thing that he has going for him, is how well he listens and is able to process the information he's receiving.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You might consider studying some history. The first NK nuclear test was in 2006, during the Bush Administration, which had delayed, for most of two terms in office, fulfilling key parts of the agreement made during the Clinton administration. His declaration of an "Axis of Evil" that included North Korea severely damaged the prospects of reaching a treaty addressing the ending NK's nuclear program and a peace treaty ending the Korean War, leading to normalization of relations, in my opinion. Mr. trump's bizzare attack on Kim Jong Un at the UN was the verbiage one might expect from a 14 year old teenager. All he managed to do was assure the NK leader that the only path for the continuation of his regime is to become a full fledged nuclear power with intercontinental nuclear tipped missiles.

Your own verbiage echoes that of your hero, Mr. trump. You aren't 14 years old, are you?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Specifically when it comes to listening to his military advisers, he's done a much better job of it than his predecessor. Now I know you aren't capable of admitting that because tribalism, but it's true. Where Trump struggles is when it comes to listening to anyone else.

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

I don't quite understand why NK is a serious threat, they don't believe in a holy religious war, they don't play by deception of toqiya or think bloodshed bring closer the return of Mahdi , nor have overseas die hard sleeping cells or militants etc, most likely they will become the new little China gradully overtimes

13. amaru

amaru Member

Well.....this bodes well for my job security going forward

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ignorant. North Korea has had tens of thousands of artillery pieces aimed at Seoul for decades plus a gigantic military. Any attack on North Korea over the last 20+ years would have led to millions of deaths. You're just ignorant, typical American movie cowboy nonsense. It's precisely why every American President has sought to use diplomacy instead of bluster and bullshit like Trump.

15. Anticope

Anticope Member

As usual, your take is grounded in nothing but complete nonsense. Hyper-partisans within his own party are publicly talking about how reckless he is:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/08/us/politics/trump-corker.html

Honestly, anyone who has more faith in Trump than Obama is just a god-awful judge of character, the difference in temperament between the two couldn't be larger.

CometsWin and Rashmon like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your response is unsurprising and grounded in tribalism.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Oh yes, we've seen shiny examples of this. Take the North Korea example. He's clearly behaving exactly as his military advisors wish. LOL

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

You're are a genius my apologies.
    My hero.

#39 mick fry, Nov 29, 2017
  20. mick fry

mick fry Member

^I thought I would go the diplomatic route and pacify you two then maybe you would just go away much like Kim Jung.

#40 mick fry, Nov 29, 2017