1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Ravens

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 22, 2017.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The offense with Watson wasn't a traditional offense with a pocket passer. The offense requires mobility and keeping the defense honest by using a defender to shadow. That opens up everything else.

Bill obrien did very well creating that offense and although it wouldn't run as well with just any mobile QB, it would most certainly run better than having a traditional pocket passer behind center.

edwardc and CallMeTheDream like this.
  2. conquistador#11

two things that change the look of this pathetic line. The malcontent. I never thought he would cross the line to be such a turd and secondly, did allen forget how to play football. he is a carcass. He was supposed to have a "mean streak" for b.o.b's wannabee uggs power scheme. Brooks is now rated as the no.1 Right guard in the game. filo and allen should be benched just for the hell of it. 1 of the rookies they drafted on the line will pan out. Don't believe the hype that the organization can't draft. They have the franchise qb now, you have to keep the talent that was developed here. Can't give it away for mean streaks.

craigharmann likes this.
  3. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Well yeah with that kind of logic why even play any more games? Let's just forfeit the rest.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Allen's only good year was his contract year in KC. He's one of those guys. Oh well

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. Fantasma Negro

I second that notion

craigharmann likes this.
  6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The mobility is a necessity due to having a god awful O line that can't block but that merely bought Watson time to beat teams with his arm and his brain for the most part. If mobility was the most important factor, you could run Braxton Miller at QB and have a measure of success.

I just don't think wasting a draft pick on a backup QB is the right idea right now. The Texans don't have enough picks as it stands and they have a ton of more important holes to fill. Perhaps they'd bring in an undrafted running QB if they wanted a young guy, but I think they pick a veteran QB from the pile of FA options that will come in on the cheap. The team is going to sink or swim with Watson, if he goes down again, the team is sunk no matter who they have as a backup.

craigharmann likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That would be ideal, to ensure no one else gets hurt, but you aren't allowed to do that.

craigharmann likes this.
  10. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I still think it would be better to play Yates or anyone else really. There's about a zero percent chance Savage is on the team next year and we already know he isn't capable of even being a backup.

RedRedemption likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think people always think that. If you remember, this time last year people were saying Savage was the savior. There's always some weird fetish for backup QB's when the starter is struggling but in most situations, going to the backup just makes things worse. Yates is already 30 years old, so there's about as much chance he's here next year as there is that Savage is retained. I honestly don't think any QB on the roster aside from Watson is on the team next season.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

How quickly boobythegreat change his tune. My signature will stand as evidence of his nasty savage dick riding.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree, save us from watching Savage give games away. With TJ, it will at least be somewhat interesting. No way Savage is here next year. If TJ does well he could be.

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

Most people were saying that savage was the savior I being one with what was ahead of him hell who wouldn't have thought he was.Now with Watson in the fold seeing savage run the team it shows why the Texans moved up to get a better QB as for yates he is no case keenum by far the Texans will have to waste another pick next year to get a really good backup.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Throw in the towel

19. Buck Turgidson

Yep, I take back most all of the things I said about him last season. He obviously got Osweilered.

20. Buck Turgidson

Huh, I thought he played pretty well the first couple of games at least.