1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reason #59841275 I get sick listening to Bill Worrell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LSSLAMBAM, Nov 7, 2017.

1. StrawberryJamm

These guys are fine if we're talking about the replacements being a different safe broadcaster or another homer ex-player, if Tilman wanted to be ahead of the curb he'd get 2 good podcasters that can riff, understand the analytics, dynamics of the league and give them some freedom.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not sure how the salary pay is relevant to just doing 10min of homework before each game though. worrell can't even get the opposing team's players' names right. and i don't remember him being this bad, i think he's just way overdue on retirement. clyde, on the other hand, has always been this bad. bullard i can tolerate perhaps, but then you can't have all 3 guys contributing little if any substance to a 2.5 hr long broadcast.

DudeWah likes this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol @ "ahead of the curb" ;)

RudyTBag, Tfor3, ramotadab and 3 others like this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I must be an outlier. I think Bill is better this season than last, and that Bull and even Clyde have improved. Getting a new owner might be making them "play harder." Golly, I almost sound like MDA.

RudyTBag, KDavis and napalm06 like this.
  5. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I agree that Bill seems rejuvenated and has done great this season, imo.

KDavis and Deckard like this.
  6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Drex basically repeats what bill says and bill always says the obvious. I had switch to the Knicks broadcast they are the best, and they aren't homeristic like our crew.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You guys all seem to spend too much time hating yourselves. Sports are entertainment. Can't take a goofy broadcast crew so seriously.

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It's more than just the occassional mistakes. Rockets have weak broadcasts. I've started streaming the away teams more for the reasons that @pippendagimp stated. Every game without fail he will say the wrong players name, explain the situation wrong, etc. Most of the time now they don't even care to correct it and just continue with the broadcast.

I'll always have fond memories listening to Bill and the crew but it's time for a change.

9. rockets13champs

Breen works for ESPN and MSG he definitely makes millions
    http://heightweighnetworth.com/mike-breen/

Don’t know if this website is accurate but it says Breen made 57 million in 2017... if that’s the case that’s more than harden, or Westbrook. Honestly I don’t think it’s that high but he definitely makes around 10ish if I had to guess

10. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Bill Worrell is a god

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. s3ts

s3ts Member

"Mbah a moo-three"

Man that was turrible.

The Greyhound 33 and joeson332 like this.
  12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Not here for Craig Ackerman slander

13. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This kills me every time. Over half the league was drafted in the first round. And baseball and football have "number one picks" because they have loads of rounds. There are TWO rounds in the nba draft. Say where they were actually drafted, Bill!

Otherwise, it's more interesting to mention that somebody was drafted in the second round or went undrafted. Those players are far less common than first round picks.

15. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I think they’re pretty funny ... why y’all hating on a bunch of old people

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone that wants to get rid of Bill is not a real Houston Rocket fan in my book.

This thread should be titled "Something (what) would say".

TracywtFacy likes this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Worrell: "Rockets are 11-4 when Capela scores 11 or more points."

OK, that means we are undefeated when he scores less (4-0). Thx Bill.

The Greyhound 33 likes this.
  18. Malaya

Malaya Member

Bill is a legend in Rockets broadcasting. He's on his last tour of duty. Let him be ...

He may not be perfectly accurate but he loves this team. 100% homer. Folksy style. When I hear him, it's like listening to your grandpa. I'll take him over Clyde and Bull.

RudyTBag and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

To be fair to the Rockets crew: like you the game before, last night I was listening to the opponent feed for first half. For the entire first half, they never once mentioned that their team was in a zone defense. Bullard called that like on the first possession, and continued discussing the adv/disadv and adjustments.

Keep an eye on stuff like that. It's not just stats and player history that these crews should be mentioning, but it's also the actual game being played. Bullard is very good (for a local network) for calling things on the court. And there are crews like the Nets who won't even mention the zone, and the adjustments to it.

Scarface281 and RudyTBag like this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah you're not going to convince me that Ian ****ing Eagle and the Czar are worse than Bill and Bull. Those two are great at their jobs.