1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Ravens

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 22, 2017.

1. prohibido

prohibido Member

QFT, yo.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Jeez! I'd call them pathetic but that would be an insult to all pathetic OLs in the NFL. If it were me, I'd fire Mike Devlin and all of the scouts and coaches who recommended these scrubs. These linemen don't belong in the NFL as does Savage's whose two INTs should cement his getting released in the offseason. I've seen enough of him to last the rest of my lifetime. This game was akin to watching paint sloooowly dry. :mad:

3. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

That's on Bill. He has to coach better.

4. conquistador#11

He was stripped sacked at 1 second.

5. raining threes

They've been lying to themselves for 12 yrs and counting.

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Just stating the facts man. There were absolutely fumbles by Carr that weren't his fault at all too.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Savage's presser:

8. gucci888

Actually it wasn't, and it it's not close at all. How quickly some of you guys forget.

adw likes this.
  9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Is it really O'Brien's fault? I am kind of thinking that he wanted Kaepernick, but Uncle Bob shot him down. It doesn't make sense because from a business standpoint, Kaepernick would have been a lay up. All of a sudden, Texan would get tons of free publicity from the entire media both sports and non-sports. Texans' brand awareness would have gone through the roof. Viewership numbers would be crazy high for Texans games. McNair would have made millions from the increased publicity. Then from a football standpoint he could run similar plays that Watson ran. It's not farfetched that if we had signed Kaepernick right after the Seattle game, the Texans would be 6-5 and well positioned to make the Playoffs. Could you imagine how wild it would be if Kaepernick started a Playoffs game for the Texans. Overly-sensitive Americans that hated Kaep for BS reasons would go insane, but it would be riveting TV.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, and I didn't blame Carr for the fumbles that weren't his fault. As a general rule I don't blame people for things that aren't their fault. Now if it was some situation where he was holding on to the ball forever and got stripped while standing in the pocket that would be one thing, but the defender didn't get slowed down at all on his way to make the strip sack from the blind side. The same thing would have happened to literally any QB to ever play the game.

11. Buck Turgidson

Use every pick they have, and all their UDFA money, on offensive linemen and defensive backs. All the FA money too.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Given that BOB is the guy that had Keenum traded away in favor of QB's like Hoyer and Mallett, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he was stupid enough to want Kap because he's proven to be an awful judge of QB talent. If that's the case, it's good that the GM has saved him from himself twice now by first trading up for Watson and now with not getting Kap.

Now I'm sure that people who support Kap for political reasons would be thrilled if the Texans picked him up....because they don't really care about the team just politics, but he'd make the team worse, and would turn every game into a circus due to his baggage.

Now all of that said, I also wouldn't be surprised if BOB, like everyone else, wants nothing to do with Kap, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's against it too.

King1 likes this.
  13. prohibido

prohibido Member

If you think an OL of Chester Pitts - DeMingo Graham (obvious weak link) - Steve McKinney - Fred Weary - Ryan Young is worse than this outfit, well, I don't know what to say. David Carr was a rookie and he was terrible and he didn't really get any better as he aged. The offensive problems on that team were nowhere near exclusively the responsibility of the OL.

Yes, Savage sucks. The OL collectively is worse than he is.

Plus, at least the team in 2002 actually tried to address the issue by drafting Tony Boselli. This team did nothing beyond trading away its only NFL-caliber offensive lineman.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well both O lines are abysmal, but an additional problem the Texans had in their first seasons is that they had even more incompetent coaching on the offense than they do now which is really saying something.

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Didn't Savage get hurt his 2nd year in the preseason because Kendall Lamm didn't block for him...?

16. theh

theh Member

Seasons over but who cares Astros won the World Series.

17. gucci888

QBs get rushed man, sometimes it's a free rusher, sometimes it's holding into the ball too long, sometimes it's just an unbelievable play by a defender, but when you're averaging close to 2 fumbles a game, that's a problem.

18. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

f him :rolleyes:

by that I mean he sucks so bad only one reporter shows up lol

edit- saw he spoke to the media in the locker room, still this is as sad as his game.

#338 adw, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  19. Shark44

Shark44 71er

Wow! Maybe TJ can be the game manager we need to not suck the rest of the season.

adw likes this.
  20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

My answer to everything with everything related to everything :cool:

adw and underrated015 like this.