1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump: Media is the enemy of the American people

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anticope, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Did they have a good salad?

2. Buck Turgidson

I remember reading about that place, they got in beau coup trouble a couple of years ago (may have closed?) for treating their employees like crap, scamming tips and other such nonsense.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was joking with B-Bob (although I enjoy a good salad), but if what you said is the case, I'll pass the place by the next time we're in San Francisco. That's if it still exists, of course. Sounds like the media did some good work exposing some bad management.

4. Buck Turgidson

I have come into contact with a veggie (not vegan, I'm not a masochist) in Austin. Where should I take her to dinner?

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Eastside Cafe would be a good choice. While not full on vegetarian (you can order meat, fish, etc.), it is organic (even growing some of their own veggies on site) and has excellent food. I would be shocked if she didn't enjoy it. One of my kids is vegetarian (she's not masochistic, either!) and likes it. Mother's (vegetarian) on Duval is another good place, although I haven't been there in awhile. Well known in Austin. Kerby Lane is good option and has more than one location. Not all vegetarian. I'm sure I'm forgetting some places, but those are a few.

a la rockets and Buck Turgidson like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Never been to Eastside or Mother's, good call. I was guessing Indian (is Clay Pit still around, or a better one?) or Thai/Asian.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, Clay Pit is still there. Ate there a few months ago. My vegetarian kid loves Indian. Having lost 10 pounds in India years ago, I'm not crazy about it, but he says it's good. I'm not the best source for Indian recommendations. Thai Kitchen on Guadeloupe has good Thai, although it doesn't look terribly impressive. We eat there pretty often for lunch. Pad Thai and Thai iced tea! Chinatown has very good Chinese and 2 or 3 locations. One's in Westlake, and one is on N. Mopac.

#347 Deckard, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Speaking of insecurities, there's probably some form of visceral pride when "one of their own" lie and bully others and has enough power to get away with it.

Reminds of them of the good old days when they were great and their victims had to suck it up and play it off as a joke.

Here's to hoping that the tide will turn in ten-twenty years. Unlike his supporters, it doesn't matter whether I stand to benefit from that bullshit. That shouldn't belong anywhere in this day and age.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Mickey had no original thought of his own.

Whoever smelt it dealt it, breh. (That means you)

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think that is pretty close to correct, as I remember it. It's definitely closed now, and @Deckard , the food was gross.

Deckard and Buck Turgidson like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

There was an Italian place in North Beach area, RocketManTex told me about it, they had the best seafood pasta I've ever tasted. Gave out a bowl of gummy bears at the end of the meal. For the life of me I can't remember the name...?

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't want to start a new thread. This kind of worries me as much as anything. They have him on tape, he admitted he said it and apologized...

NOW, he's saying it didn't happen and is fake? I can accept that the president is a scumbag, a flim flam man, and a liar, but if his recollection of events is fluid, that speaks more to someone with dementia or other mental health issues....

Really disturbing implications for me, potentially.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

MSNBC taped their morning Joe show on Wednesday and the actors pretended it was a live day after thanksgiving show. Lol

15. justtxyank

Fox News played a video of people booing and said it was the CPAC convention booing Ron Paul when he was running in the primaries.

Regardless, Trump isn't criticizing them for their production decisions, he's criticizing them for being mean to him.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I just thought it was funny because the Morning Joe wouldve roasted some folks for similar deception. I wish could find a recording of their conversation about their turkey they ate on thanksgiving that was recorded before thanksgiving.

17. justtxyank

I just read about it. Sounds pretty ridiculous. Reading about it for two minutes is about as much as I can handle of those two.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He has always been this way. This is nothing new in Trump world. All of the Trump biographers have stated how he lives in his own reality where he himself or other people convince him weeks, months, or years later that a series of events happened that did not happen, and he says it enough that he believes it himself. Its the big question about Trump, which is whether he just lies and knows it, or if he's so delusional that he believes his own lies about himself when he lived through another experience himself?

Case in point - Trump's infamous hole-in-one story (or his story about shooting 39 UNDER Par) -

Does Trump really believe he got a hole in one when clearly didn't make one and lied about it, or has this story just repeated itself so many times in his head and when he's told it, that he actually believes he scored a hole in one?

With the Access Hollywood tape - all Trump needs is one theory or enough people to repeat a conspiracy theory about the tape being un-authentic, and he will run with it despite himself being in the van that day, and seeing himself on camera. If you think this is the last we've heard about the authenticity of the Access Hollywood tape think again, and you don't know Donald Trump that well. All he needs is to see one person on FoxNews make a case that it was not authentic, and Trump will be sticking to his new reality that it was fake, and there will be many here who come out and say Trump has a point.... because.... Trump voters are obviously cultish in nature, and it doesn't matter if they know that there is poison in the kool aid, if they have been told by their cult leader it will save their souls, they will drink that poisoned kool aid every damn time.

Keep watching this story. This will become a think... even with folks here.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The entire essence of Trump is him repeating over the top compliments and delusions of grandure in his head over and over and surrounding himself around people who enable his delusions. It's how he has convinced himself and millions of idiots that he's a 'Wharton buisness school graduate self made billionaire'

#359 fchowd0311, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The only question here is who will be the first Trump fan here to start pushing this narrative that the Access Hollywood tape was faked? This is coming folks.