1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Beverley says, "We just got to play harder." clap clap.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/11/...-beverley-sounds-after-loss-new-york-knicks#/

Patrick Beverley sounds off on LA Clippers' effort after ninth straight loss
    From NBA media reports

Nov 21, 2017 9:51 AM ET
    Heavy doses of effort and hustle helped LA Clippers guard Patrick Beverley go from NBA afterthought to one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA. His passion on the court has led he and his teams to success in the league, but of late, the Clippers are far from success.

After last night's loss to the New York Knicks -- the Clippers' ninth straight defeat -- Beverley could easily see what is ailing his team. In his first game back after missing the last five contests, Beverley was disappointed with the overall effort the Clippers showed. That, combined with what Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times termed an overall lack of unity on Monday, had Beverley in rare form:

As he sat at his locker after returning from a five-game layoff, only to be part of an 11th loss in 12 games, Patrick Beverley expressed how "pissed off" he was.

"This ... feels like 100 losses," Beverley said. "Straight up. This ... is weak. This ain't how I roll. That ain't OK and I won't allow it to be OK as long as I'm here. That's a fact."

The Clippers already had one team meeting following their third straight loss in San Antonio on Nov. 7. Is it worth having another one?

"Hell no," Beverley said. "We just got to play harder. That's it. We just got to play harder. You get rid of the mistakes by playing hard. We're not playing hard; the first unit, not the whole team. I challenged the first unit to play harder."​

Many of the Clippers' top offensive players had rough games against the Knicks, with star Blake Griffin notching 21 points (but also four rebounds and four turnovers) and DeAndre Jordan finishing with 10 points and nine rebounds. Beverley himself had nine points, while guards Lou Williams (eight points) and Austin Rivers (two points, 1-for-9 shooting) struggled, too.
    more at the link

acsorelle4 likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Scrub Bev (@Snow Villiers) & scrub Clippers

I know the perfect coach once Doc's overrated ass is fired!:

[​IMG]

arabrocket, vator, BigMaloe and 9 others like this.
  3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

time for a players only meeting.

Corner expected to be turned imminently.

BigMaloe, Jontro, TracywtFacy and 2 others like this.
  4. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

And then people wonder why players want to play for mike D’antoni in contract years

BigShasta likes this.
  5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Ahh, Mr. Play Harder himself. perfect!

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Bev rolls his eyes when he sees player only meetings! Lol

7. Rockets4Life13

Honestly, it's getting obvious that both DAJ and Blake were just CP3 Products. DAJ way more than Blake, but still.

Same thing will happen with Capela if he moves on from Houston

K-Lo_The_Future and Kadoz like this.
  8. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Sorry Pat but as the saying goes the grass is not always greener.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. photojoe

photojoe Member

I wonder if the Clips would take Onuaku for him?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree but Capela is a better offensive player than Jordan. He actually had touch with both hands.

Clints weakness is he can't create his own offense. If he could do that he would be a bonafide 20 ppg score and allstar best center in the west.

Unfortunately for Clint I don't see him ever developing his skills. He just needs to keep focusing on his defense. The guy is a great rebounder he was fantastic last year so that isn't a fluke. He seems to have gotten his shot blocking back to how it was his first 2 years. I think we'll see more 15+ scoring efforts with cp3 playing with Clint.

I'm a big Capela guy I think he's perfect for any team that has a harden/Kawi/Lebron/curry/Durant and thankfully we have harden and cp3.

We're good at center I'm just curious how much money we will have to pay him.

BigShasta likes this.
  11. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Bev sounds like he's really angry, like he's about to wield a big dong and start beating his teammates with it.

majicdonjuan and acsorelle4 like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, the clips really fleeced us.

FIRE MOREYY!!!

vator and Pen15clubber like this.
  13. Rockets4Life13

He's a good fit here, no question. But some people on here are saying he's a top 5 center in the league when he's clearly not. Top 5 centers HAVE to have offensive game, capela does not.

I'm still not sold on his defense, just comes across as soft to me sometimes. If some scrub team is going to offer him max, we have to let him go, atleast in my opinion...

14. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

i did think that when the trade first happened.. happy to be proven wrong

DudeWah and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Same here. I thought we gave up too much depth (obviously this was before the Tucker and Mbah a Moute signings) and underestimated just how much Paul would be willing to defer to Harden and vice-versa. I always knew CP3 was good, but I'm only now realizing just how smart of a point guard he is.

More to the point about the Clippers- I would not be surprised if Bev is traded before the deadline. Maybe DeAndre too if they can find a place to take him. As someone said above, he's definitely a product of CP3. Griffin I think is a very good player whose strengths were obviously amplified by CP3- but he's like Paul George in that he can never be a true team leader/The Guy.

DudeWah likes this.
  16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Play Harden. We gotta play Harden**

17. malakas

malakas Member

If I was a Clips fan I would be happy and cheering for even more losses, because now finally the franchise can be freed from such a godawful coach/gm/PO like Rivers.
    If only he could take his son with him.

BigMaloe and Jontro like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do not clap clap until the last minute.

19. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I don't feel bad for him one bit. He wanted out of Houston so he could "showcase" more of his offensive skills so DM granted him his wish and shipped him out.
    Beverly shouldn't be b****ing either because in the last 6 games he's played and they've lost he's only scored in double digits once.
    Oh well, he's getting ready to complete his contract that only has him guaranteed for 3 years and than maybe he can bounce and play in Chicago where they need him and he's from or be a backup for a championship team.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

not sure if beverley has ever played on a losing team