1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What excuse will they use for denying Harden MVP this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ferrari77, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I should try to not let it get to me at times, it’s just annoying as hell bro

if Harden was averaging 23, 3, and 5 like Kyrie is, and the Rockets still had this 13-4 record and were 1st in the West, u wouldn’t even hear about him

these fools really just might give the MVP to Kyrie over Harden even tho Kyrie is nowhere near his level...I guess all I can do is continue to root for Boston and Milwaukee’s demise and let the chips fall where they may

Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Its even more frustrating when you see the youtube comments for these videos

“Lol harden plays no D at all, he cant get mvp”

“Harden has morr Ls”

“Harden is a b****, he hasnt done **** in the playoffs to help his team. Hardens stats look nice but kyrie is far more valuable”

“Kyrie has championship experience and is more mobile and alert than harden. Ill take kyrie over harden”

Lmao. People hate harden man. Its insane.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I avoid YouTube comments like the plague now...those kids are so clueless

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

get lost scrub

rockpileindisma and vlaurelio like this.
  5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This is the exact second it was over.

Zach Lowe gets alot of his ideas from conversations with this guy and we all know how many of these "journalists" just parrot Lowe.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

that season destroyed his reputation, and he’s been trying to recover ever since

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I guess he's neven been on international flights

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Harden gets beat by a player with lowest win total for any MVP in 35 yrs, because Triple Double

Now Irving would the first MVP evar to have <23ppg, <6apg and under (wait for it) under 13rpg ... and he leads, because Wins.

That 13rpg is a big number to be under. Kyrie is actually <4 rpg. So, the only MVPs who scored that little with that few Assists were Bigs...Russell, Reed, Cowens and Unseld and they all had HUGE (>13rbp) rebounding numbers in their MVP years.

#308 heypartner, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Deuce, BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what about points scored in OT? you're missing the big picture heypeeeee :D

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

He has actually, this guy is just snooty as bleep.

This is the kind of guy that would complain that his 3 star hotel doesn't offer enough pillow options.

11. ballgame

ballgame Member

I think Harden is the better player! Thus far Kyrie has never had to shoulder the brunt of carrying a team. It's a big difference. However Kyrie is more flashy and his plays garner more attention, similar to Westbrook but below the rim. Westbrook won last year because of style points.....UNFORTUNATELY FOR HARDEN, WHEN IT COMES TO THE MVP, HE JUST MAY ALWAYS BE A BRIDESMAIDE AND NEVER THE BRIDE!

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

At least ESPN had that right. In their Top 100 Players for 2018, they had Kyrie at #21.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t listen to him that often, is he a huge Harden hater?

I’ve heard him on a few Lowe podcasts, but he was so boring that I couldn’t get through them.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Oh yea, he was the one that began the ESPN Kawhi for MVP effort. There was an exact podcast where he drew a line in the sand on it. Maybe I'll look for it in a second.

The thing with him is that his vocabulary is pretty large so he doesn't have to just come out and bash a guy, instead will do continuous passive aggressive jabs and snide remarks. Just like that airplane food tweet.

BigMaloe and Reeko like this.
  15. Pen15clubbers

Pen15clubbers Member

They’ll probably say his beard looks too pubey

DudeWah likes this.
  16. Tocoal2000

Tocoal2000 Member

Stephen A Smith said on first take that juries is his MVP.... Damn harden can' even get MVP when he is leading the league in scoring and assist. Kinda eembarassing for the league on there part

17. Daddy Long Legs

Or too much like a terrorist

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Don't respond to that twat

DudeWah and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  19. Daddy Long Legs

Lmao! I didnt even realize it wasnt the OG clubber at first. I wonder how long he will last here.

You know what? Reported

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Honestly, I'm gonna be real. It is a joke how over hyped Zach Lowe is as a sports analyst.

He is alright, but this idea that he is the guru is dumb. The guy isn't that smart (he is smart, but not that smart) yet people act like he's a genius. I can't be mad at Lowe though. It's solely a product of how incredibly stupid and incompetent his peers are.

#320 DudeWah, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.