1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 11/16/2017

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Nov 16, 2017.

1. buffalobills!!!

Young Nets lottery picks...

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Lol settle down. I still don't think the Celtics can beat your boyfriend and the merry cape-tuggers. So it's irrelevant.

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

that almost makes it crazier because rookies/2nd year players are tradtionally awful on defense (by the numbers), no matter how good of a young player they are.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. buffalobills!!!

Ugh Reggie Miller for a Rockets game

francis 4 prez likes this.
  5. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Celtics are definitely a legit threat in the east. Not ready to say they can come out of the east but they are a definite threat.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Great win for Boston. I'm really pulling for them out east for buckling down and scrapping without hayward

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I watched that whole game and I still don't understand what I'm seeing from the Celtics.. Please gawd don't let Barkley choose us to win anything.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Totally untrue. You haven't watch them recently.

9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

agreed on everything until the last statement. it's really swapping IT for Kyrie. IT is the worst defensive player in the league, Kyrie is a huge upgrade on that end.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tonight reminded me so much of Brad Stevens Butler teams that would (my words only) "dumb down" games against more talented teams and beat them at the end. Very surprised this worked against the Warriors.

I expected GS to come in focused and totally blow the Celts out, either from the start or with one of their patented 3rd quarter eruptions. The 19-0 run ended that chance. With both Kyrie and Curry pretty worthless most of the game, it was Kyrie who closed the sale.

This was good for both teams. You don't see gritty, tenacious defense is today's NBA very often.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I've watched almost every game and I'd say it's true. Not saying they don't care, or they're not trying, but they seem to be having a lot of mental lapses where they stop playing their game. Get lazy and jack shots rather than moving the ball. Saw that multiple times tonight.

Also, Curry's hair is awful and he needs to fix it. Not sure what he was going for there.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah I have.

They are talented enough to win a lot of games (including winning streaks) without really jelling and being on the same page. They have lacked the focus of sense of urgency they have had the last few years.

Not uncommon, I suspect they turn it on at the end of the season.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Curry was hurt and honestly, this game really didn’t mean a whole lot to the Warriors. They know they will get the #1 seed in the West and barring Harden/Paul shocking them; they will win another title. They are above statement games in November.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Warriors aren't going to play 48 mins of focused basketball until late in the season. In recent games they demonstrated the ability to "turn it on" and beat down teams at will. This is who they are. They don't play every game with "urgency".

The first 5-6 games they were all over the place and clearly lacked focus and intensity. Since then, the main thing lacking intensity and focus is Kerr's puzzling rotation decisions.

Their problem tonight was the Celtics defense more than anything else. Well, that and maybe the quick whistle a few times.

15. francis 4 prez

yeah, true, IT is horrible. but kyrie was still pretty awful also i think from an RPM perspective.

tmactoyao likes this.
  16. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

IMO it had more to do with the Cavs defense more than anything. Look how trash they've been this year on defense. There is no way to hide IT on defense, with Kyrie you at least have a chance.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't agree with that either. They had something to play for tonight and were on the way to making a statement until mid 3rd quarter.

Just an opinion. You may be right.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That hair is just terrible. At least his wife thinks it's "sexy".

el gnomo likes this.
  19. francis 4 prez

those two title game runs were some of the more inexplicable things i've seen. like you said, they could ugly/dumb down anything, occasionally get some gritty offensive rebounds, a key 3 here or there, and suddenly it would be a 1 possession game and then they won an absurd number of those 1 possession games. they had a knack for never letting the other team getting a rhythm while not throwing themselves off, exactly like the warriors tonight. almost surprising hayward didn't bank in that 3 against duke.

20. francis 4 prez

the cavs are even older and slower than they were last year, and lebron isn't even remotely trying on defense (understandable to save himself for the playoffs, but doesn't change the fact). RPM accounts for your teammates and irving was still awful. not that they know everything but dunc'd on podcast always destroys irving's defense.