1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What excuse will they use for denying Harden MVP this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ferrari77, Nov 10, 2017.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

BSPN & haters: he may be leading in ORPM, RPM, & Win Shares but that's not important! He's ranked only #103 in DRPM (ignoring the fact that Giannis is only #112 in DRPM)

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

My God !! The stats say Chris Paul is amazing.

Here's a question to chew on. How much better could Paul's defense be this year? He wont have to exert as much energy on Offense.

I cant believe people think this is not going to work out !

DonKnock likes this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Since Harden's MVP bids are cursed, why not?

Kawhi's 61 Wins >>> 55

4. vlaurelio

Harden's 55 Wins >> Kawhi's 54 Wins

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Even though he didn't play in 7 of those games? His team won almost every game he missed?

6. Houstunna

Supporting Member

OKC had a negative point-diff while Westbrook sat. Rockets were either 1) positive without James or 2) much better than OKC without Westbrook.

Why are you talking wins anyway? You were complaining about Curry in 2015.

7. vlaurelio

so a player is credited for wins on a game he didn't even play in?

8. Houstunna

Supporting Member

My full response....

OKC had a negative point-diff while Westbrook sat. Rockets were either 1) positive without James or 2) much better than OKC without Westbrook.

Why are you talking wins anyway? You were complaining about Curry in 2015.

9. vlaurelio

so we went from KD to Kawhi and now back to WB?

I thought we already dismissed WB and his 47 wins?

make up your mind who should have been MVP last year? and stick to it..

10. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Box Plus Minus is a good, but not perfect statistic. It not only measures the performance of the player, but his teammates while he's on the court, his backup, and the bench unit in general. Westbrook leading Harden in +/- means that you get a bigger drop off in play from WB to Samaj Christon than from James Harden to Eric Gordon.

11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

My answer has remained the same. Take the wool off your eyes and you'll see clearly - in many ways.

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

Honestly, swapping out James Harden with any other player in the league would turn this team into an 8th seed at best, and most likely worse.

Everyone is turning a blind eye at the greatness of James Harden.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Turnovers and other lazy habits might kill him, Giannis clearly works harder so has both sides of the ball argument. It doesn’t matter how hard Harden works on defense, if he keeps up these habits then I’d say there’s a chance he might lose it.

14. Mr. Space City

mvp is all about fabricated storylines.

harden had 38/11/6 in a loss. swap the name for westbrook or giannis or any other player the media dickrides, they would say superstar player trying to carry scrubs.

DonKnock, Blurr#7, s3ts and 2 others like this.
  15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Very true!

DonKnock likes this.
  16. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

8/25 from the field, 9 turnovers, and lazy defense... who on earth thinks this was a good game? It doesn't matter whether Westbrook or Giannis, this was a bad game, period. Huge problem with Harden is that he can't seem to do damage control when he's having an off-night, and just sinks to the bottom further and further.. The only other player who regularly does that is Westbrook, which is why I don't rate him that highly.

If you still don't understand, when was the last time CP3 (or Curry, Durant, Kawhi , AD, etc) shot poorly, turn the ball over nearly 10 times, and played no defense? exactly.

#196 brewer's goat, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Yung-T likes this.
  17. Mr. Space City

i never said it was a good game but westbrook had a bunch of games like this last year but the narrative was that "he was doing all he can to carry scrubs"

in the playoffs last year he shot .388% from the field, .265% from 3 with 6 turnovers per game and the media went on about how that series proved he was the mvp.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

The media is terrible, we all know that. I just want Harden to be better than Westbrook, and be more mature during one of those bad games. CP3 might have an off-shooting night, but no way in hell he turns the ball over nearly 10 times and play no defense in that same game. What kind of weak **** is that? This inability to gather himself together during an off night is Harden's biggest weakness, as far as I'm concerned. He just mentally breaks down.

19. Mr. Space City

i understand your frustration. i have the same gripes about harden and i get called a fake fan or a harden hater when i repeat the same ****.

i'm just talking about how player reputation influences how we process a players bad games, espeically when it comes to creating mvp storylines.

he's starting to worry me because he's doing the same stuff he did last year but then again he is playing with an undermanned squad and playing absurd minutes just to get w's.

funny how people in the media are wondering how harden and cp3 are going to work. this is a game that shows why they need cp3. his decision making is just flat out better than harden's and his passes are more precise.

DonKnock, Yung-T and brewer's goat like this.
  20. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

yes, this is exactly why we need CP3, because Harden is one of those bipolar players, whereas CP3 is the king of consistency. Harden has higher ceiling but also lower bottoms. CP3 is the stabilizer.

DonKnock, Yung-T and Mr. Space City like this.