1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How thankful are you now that the Melo trade didn't happen?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Loneyroy7, Nov 5, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A good reason why Durant and Lebron were able to surpass him early on because that dude never grew up much as a player. Only as a scorer and rebounder.

Dat hoodie thing is not that bad.

[​IMG]

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People take out their anger on Melo but PG is very underwhelming.

His numbers are not even Allstar worthy at times.

Also people should ask: Are you thankful not having Paul George early on?

I know he can do more. Offensively he does not blow anything out of water.

[​IMG]

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Paul George looks like a guy just going through the motions and not trying to get hurt for when he bolts in the offseason.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

holy **** guys stop knee jerking every year. not that im suprrised but daam something else to see in person year after year.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I´m just loving the fact that the Rockets are again a top team, while the great "only we can beat GSW" OKC are 4-6.

How sweet would be for the so great MVP miss the playoffs on a "super team".

Houstunna, Pen15clubber and RudyTBag like this.
  6. Robert Kogut

Robert Kogut Member

There is always big hype on players who are unstoppable at some nights, but at the end of the day it is too much for the team to have more than one selfish inefficient player who doesn't play defense, makes bad decisions on the basketball court and just wants to be in spotlight.

Those bad decisions makes them get 40+ pts at some nights but in other games they hurt their team a lot. People don't even care how many shots those players usually need.

However it is too early to say something about Thunder because they have a time to make adjustment.

stevel likes this.
  7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It’s likely that Olympics Melo never was, or he was only an ideal in our hearts.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Or maybe Olympic Melo only existed because he only needed to every four years.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I am dying to have a player like Paul George on this roster...imagine if we had him instead of Ariza

whenever Ariza manages to drop 20+ we are basically unbeatable...well PG can give u 20 every night, plus he can defend and make threes and takes a lot of them...he’s a perfect fit

Paul George should be 1 of our main targets in free agency next summer

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Would be cool to know if @Codman has already heard something about OKC...

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think Paul George is going through what Oladipo, Love, and Bosh went through being the 3rd option. (Although I guess Oladipo was a 2nd option...lets just say 3rd since WB was the 1st AND 2nd option last season.)

He can't get into rhythm during games and it shows. I think it's pretty hard to go from being the first option to basically a spot up shooter.

amaru likes this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

I think he bolts next season

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

not that simple PG is a max player Ariza ain't

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think so too.

Not because I think OKC won't get better, I think they will.

It's just I see a very embarrassing 2nd (or even 1st round out with how the West can get sometimes) against the T'wolves, Spurs, or Warriors and both of those guys will be out.

EDIT: No, not the Rockets. I think they will be a bad matchup for us because Paul George plays good defense against Harden and has made Harden play some really bad games. Matching up with them kind of worries me but they just lost to the Kings knowing they needed wins so maybe I'm just paranoid.

15. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Carmelo is a net-negative on the court and is a detriment to any team he plays for. Has been for some time now.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I really is amazing, he's made no effort to blend. I expected the problem would be that he would be too passive trying to fit in.

But no, not Melo. Melo does what Melo does, supporting cast be damned. His usage rate is actually the lowest of his career, but his FGA is basically right in line. He's averaging a career low assist rate to compensate for the fewer touches.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, I know

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are not paranoid but what isn't can still be. Another 70 games shall be played.

JayGoogle likes this.
  19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

PG should have an easier adjustment as he was already an excellent shooter and not exactly the playmaker with the ball in his hands. Love and Bosh were used to being fed on the block. I guess it could be hard adjusting to a role more like Klay Thompson's, glorified 3 and D, but he doesn't appear to be playing very hard on either end of the court.

20. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

It all comes down to what sets you run.

OKC is trying to iso Melo and George like they are still options 1/2, instead of just having WB break down the D or PnR and create open shots.

99.9% sure if Melo was replaced with Ryno, he’d be in the PnP or PnR sets we run instead of just tossing the ball to him and allowing him 1 on 1. He’d get some looks while Harden was on the bench, but only while CP3 was hurt.

Clown Baby likes this.