1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How thankful are you now that the Melo trade didn't happen?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Loneyroy7, Nov 5, 2017.

1. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

They're about to lose freaking Sacramento with Melo stinking it up wasting possessions on the block. He's washed as hell and at this point you can't change who he is. CP3 is his friend and MDA is a great coach but they aren't hypnotists. DWade didn't adjust, Rose didn't adjust, Dwight didnt adjust, and Melo won't adjust.

Edit: Yup they lost with Melo leading the team with a beautiful -21 on 4/17 shooting. People can say he'd be different here all they want but I'm not one to deny evidence shoved right in my face.

#161 lakersuck2, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Y'all think I was joking?

Melo isn't even the 3rd best player on OKC...Steven Adams is better than him. Heck Steven Adams playing better than Melo and PG.

WE. DODGED. A. BULLET.

Mazulis likes this.
  3. alethios

alethios Member

I was initially for the trade because he brought a scoring dimension that Ryno just doesn't possess. I've since then removed the rose-colored glasses and have seen the effect that him leaving NYK has had on their record. They're actually winning games. He is clearly having a negative impact on the Thunder. Don't get me wrong - I love it. But I can't help but feel we dodged a bullet.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Melo added to this team would work... still rather have him than Anderson.

amaru likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don’t know what to think!! You all seem so convincing!!!!

6. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

OKC fans are going through some major withdraws right now... I saw 10 crying posts on thunders subreddit

7. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Thunder need a new coach for sure but these first few games mean nothing to how that team will look come playoff time

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Stephen A Smith sure is quiet about the Thunder lately.

Daddy Long Legs and Robert Kogut like this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beautiful. :D

Daddy Long Legs and Mazulis like this.
  10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

We'll know what OKC will look like 30 games into the season. They're playing defense, but haven't been get their offensive talent to mesh at all. They don't have much time or room to grow. It's this season or bust. Honestly, their two biggest shot takers (Russ and Melo) love taking horrible shots and I don't see that changing. They will live and die on their defense.

ISOBall likes this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Patrick Patterson's supporting cast has let him down. Patrick Patterson must demand an upgraded supporting cast or force a trade out of OKC.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  12. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

They look like a lot of ISOballs

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

I think Melo would work better here most likely. It would also be nice to have a guy who can get hot from midrange when we are having one of our trademark sub 30% from 3 nights.

But man, I tell you what, I am enjoying OKC struggling entirely too much. I've watched half of their games this season just hoping they would fail.

amaru and kevtse like this.
  14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I am glad we didn't bump the offer at the last minute for Melo. That I am definitely grateful for. I definitely would have been pissed if we lost Ego and Ryno for Melo, especially since we didn't sign Reddick. If we are debating between Melo and Ryno... well if we are going to pay 20 something million... i would hope the guy was a stud and not so one dimensional. Melo in our system would have been a stud especially with a guy like Chris Paul that would have put a gag ball and chain on him if he did anything stupid

amaru and Crashlanded19 like this.
  15. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Wasnt there a thread about how the Rockets are now the 4th best team because of the melo trade started by non other then the biggest idiot on this board named swayyyguy?

16. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All the Melo nut huggers from this summer looking real stupid right now. :D

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

I never wanted to trade for Melo, not when he was the KEY to our championship, not when the rumours started, not when he only wanted Houston and not when it got closer even if it meant unloading Ryan's contract. I'm glad I stuck to my opinion. Olympic Melo is just not NBA Melo. There was too big of a risk that he would stay the same, and look, he's still the same player. Granted, with 2 creators here he would get more open shots and maybe a bit more willing to go less iso and try to create a shot for himself, but he even said before the season he would not give up touches for anybody. He wants the ball, he wants to iso and prove he's a great scorer. Definitely bullet dodged! The guy is just not a winner.

18. valorita

valorita Member

All three of WB, PG, Melo's efficiencies are trash which makes me think its the system partly but then again none of them have been marquee high efficiency players in their entire careers.

The hope with bringing melo to the Rockets was that our style of play in creating the most efficienct shots in basketball would autocorrect some of his flaws. That in addition to the distributive and efficient nature of the other two guys would have hopefully rubbed off on melo.

Basically, Melo made the wrong choice again going to a situation that was not best for him.

19. the shark

the shark Member

Stephen A Smith "sure is quiet"? Sorry that made me laugh.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Patty has to demand touches or a trade! harhar