1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Reason Not To Sign Kap

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mugrakers, Nov 2, 2017.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Well it was the ONLY week when McNair was in the news for stupid comments

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Kap is better than Yates and McGloin

Fulgore likes this.
  3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

And Tommy No Touchdown Savage

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If Savage doesn't pass for a touchdown against a woeful Colts secondary, we've got to do something different at the position.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No we'd rather just finish the year 0-9 and look miserable doing it over give a chance to a guy who has proven to be way better than anyone else we have at that position because he is allegedly a distraction.

Fulgore likes this.
  6. theimpossibles1

Even worse, he will probably have a big game and over-inflate his and the team's confidence.

7. Sanity2disChaos

If he distracts you, then you are the problem. Not him. Tired of this distraction peg!! Utterly stupid on many levels. Now if we stick to football then I’ll say he isn’t great but who’s better??? I’ll wait......

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even if we ignore the non football reasons to not want Kap,...though you really can't ignore them in real life, he's still a terrible QB that doesn't know the system and likely wouldn't be good enough to run it even if he learned it. As soon as the NFL caught up to the read option, Kap was done.....but people like you seem to ignore that.

9. theimpossibles1

I unignored to see who that last post was referring to and, shocker, it was Bobby running his mouth and still managing not to answer the simple question posed to him. Still waiting...

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you click unignore then it just shows you lack the courage of your convictions. Be a better person, stand by your decisions even if they are foolish.

As to the question, I answered it....so yeah do better.....or better yet don't. Just don't.

11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

and a long way towards harming mcnairs image with a lot of fans

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol they aren't picking up Kap... Bob got his phone took!

13. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Is there anyone who would want him signed if it wasn't for the political stuff? The strength of the offense is the WR group and Kap can't throw (we saw how well it went last year with a qb who couldn't throw). This reminds me of all those years of threads about Vince Young, fans wanting to sign him even though it goes against football logic. I might also be biased though living in the bay area and watching Kap for the last few years and how terrible he's been.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think we'd be hearing his name at all if it wasn't for the political stuff.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Have you seen Yates or McGloin try to play QB? Kaep is better than both of those guys no question about it. He should be signed because he's better than the guys that we have. I am in the business of signing the best players you can. If you have different priorities other than winning NFL games, be transparent about it.

Fulgore likes this.
  16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I’m not against signing him, they are all aweful and it terms of winning, it makes no difference. Our chances of winning a superbowl ended in that quarter where watt/mercy got hurt and our chances of winning a playoff game ended when watson got hurt. My question was just if people want kap for the politics or the player, as I haven’t seen any other qb get brought up. In terms of winning, Kap has won 1 more game then Yates the last 2 years, though he has 17 more starts (again, they are both garbage).

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

All I know is that we need a mobile QB...Kap might suck, but he'll give us a better shot than anyone else on the roster.

18. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

While I believe Kaepernick is better than the trash we currently have in the QB room, what's the point?

No JJ, No Mercilus, and a terrible secondary. We weren't going anywhere this year even with Deshaun. He has to put up 50 for us to win against any decent team.

No way McNair is going to take the business hit of signing Kaepernick. Right or wrong, a lot of people do not like what Kaepernick started in the NFL.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That has always been the texans problem as a organization. Winning the super bowl or getting there has never been the number 1 priority. That's why so many have called it a good ol boy system in the past and now in the present.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Can we stop with this "racial pity party" trash. Seriously, quit feeling sorry for yourself and pouting like a child. The Texans fanbase supported Deshaun Watson and was crushed when he got hurt. I wouldn't call him an immobile qb with a weak arm.