1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Seahawks

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 27, 2017.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Did I miss something? Is today "Jump to Conclusions Day"?

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's faux scandal day.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

remind me again who watches tv?

5. ipaman

Weak...

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

What did the players do to the fans?

7. ipaman

Try and not practice which likely means a **** performance on Sunday.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The reaction from Duane Brown is especially BS given that Bob McNair stood by him and had his back both times he got popped for PED's.

ipaman and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

They practiced an extra day (Monday) already. If they come out bad, that’s when you can say they did whatever to the fans but even then, they are playing in a hostile environment in Seattle

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The players deciding to act like morons as a reaction to an accurately used (though inaccurately stated) idiom is an embarrassment to the team\, to the city, and to all of the fans. Honestly they owe everyone an apology, but let's face it, we know it's not coming. It would require a level of self awareness that overly entitled and overly privileged humans that likely have a certain level of brain damage are not capable of.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Honestly I think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion... really kind of annoyed that it's gotten this out of hand.

But I think it will pass soon

Fullcourt likes this.
  12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Wtf lol how do the players owe an apology? And how did they embarrass the city? It’s not their fault Bob messed up his words. If you say something like that, I’m suppose to automatically know what you meant to say? Plus, the still practiced and they practiced any extra day Monday. Well, except for Hopkins & Foreman. Players get off days all the time. Not much of a difference. You getting upset and name calling (again) because you don’t want people to have their opinion on something.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Maybe you should stop watching the Texans and the NFL. You continuously bash their players anyway. We could do without your bad football takes as well but that's a bonus.

red5rocket likes this.
  14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is the true definition of bigotry and idiotism.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When someone says a common idiom, yes, you are supposed to "automatically know what they meant to say" unless you are either not a member of that culture or not a native speaker of that language. The players that acted up as a result don't have that excuse. Sure they can blame it on brain damage or just them being stupid people, I honestly don't care what they blame it on, they owe Bob McNair, the team, and the fans an apology for their actions.

Not all of them mind you, but those speaking out ignorantly against Bob McNair and those who skipped practice absolutely do owe everyone an apology.

As long as the players continue to do stupid things, I'll call them out for doing stupid things. Has nothing to do with the sport really. I know, probably too advanced of a concept for you. I've learned to keep my expectations low with you.

This statement just shows that you don't know what you are talking about.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't know what's going to happen on Sunday but it's bad that you have people out there that take Bob's comments as if they are not disrespectful in any way or form and it's just a old phrase used with no ill will.

Bob McNair is wrong. He has apologized. Only thing you can hope is that there will be a real heart to heart between him and the players on this team or he being replaced by a different chairman.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's sad that you have people so dumb that they take the wording of an idiom literally. The reason Bob McNair apologized is because he's a nice guy and was sorry that someone was dumb enough to be offended by an inoffensive comment. Again, the players have the excuse of brain damage potentially contributing to their really dumb interpretation of these events....I'm not sure what other people will blame it on though.

tmacfor35 likes this.
  18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Contextually, you may be at a deficit.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If the NFL was not losing money for the reasons they are now then you can make a better argument for him saying what he said.

You have players protesting for black injustice and their is a meeting on it between two sides to fix things and he says this phrase???

Seriously do you not see why this is bad? Or are you just choosing to ignore it?

DwangBoy likes this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't even dislike Bob at all. I just know it will take some facetime and heart to heart with the team to heal this wound.

If Bob is so much of a good guy as a owner then why are the texans players saying what they saying? If they know Bob so well why so easily offended?

Man Bob McNair is seen by players just as the players see Jerry Jones. Good ol boys that support Trump and 2 of 5 Nfl owners that sent Trump 1 million dollars in support.