1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doubters, Please Form a Line To Submit Your Apologies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Death, taxes and overreaction by @CK Johnson

DonKnock and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lmao @ "I've never been more embarrassed to be a Rockets fan."

Also what's up with the totally unnecessary Spurs groveling? We have some closet Spurs-fixated fans among us.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

@Know Your Role

LOL rebuild with EGO and we'll be back in the playoffs in 2 years??

how old will EGO be that time?

and trade Harden for who?

DonKnock likes this.
  4. Know Your Role

Draft picks. Need those next gen NBA players who are hungry, play both sides of the ball, but not yet spoiled by team crippling max contracts.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you know hold old EGO is and his injury history right? and how Capela and MDA are worthless without Harden. And CP3 didn't come to Houston to play with draft picks and EGO and Capela. etc...

and LOL at Harden who single handedly carried the rockets last year to 55 wins/3rd best overall ain't hungry

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Yes, let's trade a 28 year old MVP talent for draft picks. That'll work. :rolleyes:

DonKnock, Pen15clubber and Obito like this.
  7. Know Your Role

I don't care how old he is, he tries and the means more to me than the quitting, ball fumbling, and watching on defense I see James do on a regular basis. CP3 isn't staying here. Do you know why? Because CP3 and Lebron wrote the CBA to benefit older players who are eligible for the new super max contracts even though they are old and don't produce like their salary suggests. Morey aint giving CP3 one of those unless he brings home a championship trophy this season. So, we have about a 3% chance that is happening. CP3 is going to walk.

8. Know Your Role

He isn't a MVP, see last year and the year before and the year before that. MVP's don't give up. MVP's make teams run plays to get better looks. Meaning plays besides Capela pick and roll. MVP's at least look like they are trying to play defense. Pink face rolling eyes. We were closer with Yao and Tmac than this clown and they didn't have anything close to the roster we have had over the last few years.

9. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I'm no Harden apologist, but when did Yao + Tmac got closer?

DonKnock likes this.
  10. marky :)

We made it to the WCF with Yao/Tmac?

I'm not the biggest fan of Harden but to trade him for draft picks and to rebuild with EGO is just stupid.

#450 marky :), Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.
  11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Closer to what? First round exits?

Your arguments are terrible. Pink face rolling eyes.

DonKnock and Killatron 2000 like this.
  12. Know Your Role

2008 and 2009 they had a chance to win it all but injuries and bad luck caught up in the playoffs. We were going to win the Lakers series in 2009.

13. Know Your Role

No they arnt, your basketball watching skills are terrible. Why does the ball just stick in James' hand when he has no where to go? Why are players not moving around to get open? Golden State moves the ball with no problem, they don't get bogged down because Curry is being guarded well. Under Adleman the ball moved and we made buckets at will even with a slower version of Yao, it was far more effective.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. marky :)

So something that didn't happen = "closer".:rolleyes:

DonKnock and MoonBus like this.
  15. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

It does when you hit the "reality doesn't count" button...didn't you know that? :)

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

First & foremost, that 09 team would’ve been dismantled in todays NBA, the West right now is the most stacked it’s been in DECADES.

I’m a Tracy Mcgrady fan & we never accomplished **** with him, was that entirely his fault? No but the blame partially falls on him as well as on Yao.

You use the excuse that they were injured yet you fail to commend James durability, it’s been the driving factor as to why this team has made the made playoffs the past 5 years.

“Why does the ball just stick in James' hand when he has no where to go? Why are players not moving around to get open?“

You answered the first question with your second question. As for your second question, I just can’t find an understanding as to why that’s Hardens fault.

Golden State has FOUR all stars & one 6 man of the year, comparing any team since the 98’ Bulls is apples to ****ing mash potatoes.

Man if you’d give me one argument that had basis, i’d just agree to disagree but all your arguments are flawed. I’m honestly baffled at your thought process & I know I’m not the only one.

17. bratna8

bratna8 Member

When is Chris Paul going to start getting on James' ass about TOs?

I understand the high user rate for Harden but he needs to value possessions a bit more. Now is the time to correct this or it will be just a habit that will be hard to break once the playoffs come around.

Know Your Role likes this.
  18. mightybosstone

I wasn't aware they gave out awards for almost doing things in professional sports. Did they almost hold a ceremony for it that year? My father had a saying that certainly applies here: "Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades."

19. mightybosstone

Your takes in this thread have been atrocious. You criticize James for his poor defense and not trying on that end, but did you know that Harden posted a superior DBPM to Gordon last season and so far this year? You criticize James for "quitting"—likely a reference to the playoffs last season—but where's the criticism of Gordon for completely no-showing in Games 5 and 6 agains the Spurs last season? He averaged only 12 points a game in the series and posted a whopping 17 total points on 6-22 shooting in those last two games.

I love Gordon and I've been so pleased with him and what he's done for this team after the signing a year ago. But you're delusional if you think he's a superior player to Harden or if you think the team would be in better shape building around him. Prior to coming to Houston, he played in ONE playoff series his entire career and a whopping four total playoff games. Four! And that was playing on the same team with All-NBA talents like Blake Griffin and Anthony Davis.

Let's just appreciate Gordon for what he is—an excellent 6th man and a solid No. 3 guy on a contender—and stop fantasizing about what he's not: a superstar caliber player.

20. Know Your Role

I see a bunch of crying and excuses from
    Since I want a championship and nothing less, the five playoff exits James has led are irrelevant.

When a basketball player is getting locked down, the best thing to do is pass the ball. James is the team leader, I would think it's his job to get the players to run plays.

Ball movement is not based on how many all stars are on a team. The warriors are better than that bulls team. Deeper with far more effective offense. MJ is still the greatest but older Pippen and Rodman don't have a dog in that fight. The teams with younger pippen, MJ, and Horace Grant might of have a chance.

MAAAN if you'd stop crying and making excuses for the greatest MVP runner up of all time you might find some truth. We're not winning a championship with James Harden leading the team.