1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A hidden benefit of Paul being out ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Oct 21, 2017.

1. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Bobby brown did get a busket

DreamShook and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We play 14 games from now thru the 18th of November. Of those games, 6 seem tough including 4 games against Memphis, 1 against Cleveland and 1 against Utah. It really bothers me that we have to face the whole season worth of games against one team without our 2nd best player. Harden can handle them but it still sucks. They're a good team. Don't tell @what I said that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Others get playing time.

Chemistry with them.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Good post. I agree.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah but still need a better backup than DJ or a starting PG even better. or add harden's backup now that ego is starting PG

the whole point having CP3 is to give harden rest and not play him more than 37 minutes a game

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MDA played a lot of players against the Mavs, I hope it continues.

snowconeman22, D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Benefits:

Like non

snowconeman22 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

CP3 just needs to study Bev's tapes from last year.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

This is going to help Paul fit in better when he comes back. The camp and preseason this year was shorter than last year so there was less time to get comfortable with the system, especially for a player of Paul's caliber. Tucker and Mbah a Moute fit in more seamlessly because they were basically replicating their roles from their previous teams just kicking it up a notch. Paul is being asked to run the team and be the key cog especially when Harden sits and during the games where the pace is all half court.

During the GS game (which is great since they have the best defense in the league) you could see how out of sorts Paul was when he was playing off ball and how he wasn't used to pushing it in transition as much. His knee may have contributed to the pushing the pace part, but we'll see. I think he needs far more reps with Clint though because it seemed on PnR with Clint that Paul was not used to moving and probing a certain way which was different from James and on a few plays it looked like Clint got in Paul's way. There was also another play where Paul made a high bounce pass that Clint was just not ready for off the baseline. Paul will figure it out he is one of the smartest players of his generation. Everyone else in the starting lineup and the 6th man are in year 2 of the D'Antoni system they know where to be and when. Paul needs to learn also where the others are going to be and when. There are times where James throws a pass without really looking because he knows a guy is going to be in that general area. The Rockets just need to stay afloat which I think they can once they get the 3rd string PG situation addressed and once Paul gets back they can get going

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Don't kid yourself.
    • Nene got in foul trouble, which forced him to put in Tarik.
    • We still had a huge lead by the end of the 3rd and Harden is no longer playing "I want to win MVP blowout minutes", which also helped not having to play Trevor much more either.
    If it's a close game tonight, expect Harden/Ariza to play 35+ minutes.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Umm, if it's a close game then hell yeah I expect Harden and Ariza to be playing 35+. Do you want to experiment with an expanded rotation against an unbeaten division rival? And CP3 is out, of course people are going to have to step up. We're a team aiming for 60 wins.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He should be watching tape of Bev as a Rocket. He should strive to do exactly that in addition to his amazing job of running point when Harden is out or resting on the floor. If he can do that then we're unstoppable.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't. Mike can manage their minutes to give them more rest during the game and allow for them to be rested in the fourth. Ariza is some who especially can be rested since we have a lot more depth this year. I really think Ariza should be at 32 minutes.

When Chris Paul comes back I definitely would like Hardens minutes to be at 34 a game or so.

14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Help his ex have another kid.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Whose side are you on?

16. mikus

mikus Member

I think some men just want to watch the world burn...

Houstunna likes this.
  17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Harden already sits the first six minutes of the fourth. I don't know how much more rested he needs to be. Ariza played 34.7mpg last year with zero depth behind him. Expect both of their minutes to drop with the additions of CP3, PJ, and LMM. But in close games, they need to play more.

Kawhi had his games and playing time managed last year and averaged 33.4mpg. In the four regular season games against Houston, which were tough games, he averaged 38.2 mpg. You play more in tough games, especially when seeding and a division title are on the line.

MorningZippo likes this.
  18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You never passed cost/benefit analysis, did you?

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like the idea of Bobby Brown getting "buskets"

20. mikus

mikus Member

I like Tarik and I think he can contribute a solid 5-15 min off the bench if necessary. I think improved some while he was in LA.

Besides, for the guys that play LoL...Gems are Truly Outrageous!
    [​IMG]