1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does This Forum Love Patrick Beverley and not Clint Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pgabriel, Oct 20, 2017.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Both players were projects. Both players have improved by leaps from their beginning

One player is in the top half of players at position. One makes a bunch of mean faces and pumps his chest a lot while he plays.

Is the chest pumping what makes you think Beverley is trying harder than Capela?

Edit: one player in the top half at his position

#1 pgabriel, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Exiled likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

3. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I think most people here do love Capela... or that's what I always thought at least? In regards to who "trying hard" I think that Capela does give plenty of effort, but I don't think there is a single basketball player on the planet that goes harder and gives more effort than Beverley. Miss the guy so much already! Hurts to see him in a different uniform.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

A ton of people hated bev. In his off years

Reeko likes this.
  5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Capella has missed lots of games as a Rocket and when does plays he is normally on a minutes restriction so it's hard to get behind him like people did with Bev because he just hasn't been on the floor enough. I think people generally like Capella, but he isn't out there acting as the heart of the team for 30+ minutes a game like Bev was.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Capela's energy level varies, Bev is high energy all the time.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i've never been crazy about either as players. but to answer your question, clint comes off as a p***y some games while bev tries to project this raging wolverine persona..

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think Bev is higher ranked at his position. Elite defender, can shoot the 3.

I don't hate either though.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

one is an energy/hustle player and the other is not. the hustle players are always a crowd favorite despite being limited offensively usually

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm confused. Beverley is likely barely (though debatable) in the top half players of his position as he is one of the best of the not great PGs. He makes mean faces and pumps his chest. He was not a project when the Rockets got him. I'm not sure he's improved much since he became a Rocket and may be a worse player as he seems to lost some of his defense through injuries.

Capela..I'm not sure he is in the top half players at his position on the Rockets. I've not seen much this year, but of the little I've seen, I haven't seen enough to think he's become a better/equivalent player to Beverley. That said, I like Capela and think he fits very well with the team. He still looks like a guy that could be very good than one that is there every game.

Is Capela really not "loved"?

11. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

He doesn't try. He succeeds.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Haven't you learned from last years MVP race?

Lots of yelling, screaming and excessive gestures proves you try harder and a better player.

Drogba, DonKnock and pgabriel like this.
  13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Capela is not hood enough. Switzerland is nothing like chiraq.

14. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Cause Clint is false hope, Bev was above expectations

SIL

15. Rockets4Life13

Thats because Beverley will get into players head. He will talk trash. He is a true baller with the heart of a lion - while Capella often seems soft (atleast to me).
    Also, on a team that involves Harden, known to take plays off on defense, a guy like beverley that gives 110% on every defensive play is likely to be loved. Beverley will always be a rocket to me and i hope he retires in that rockets red uniform.

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I like Clint. Clint's more talented a player.

But it's apples and oranges. Clint's demeanor and activity level vary by night, but even when playing well he doesn't play with as much energy as Bev. Catch him on a bad night and it's way below there.

Bev, like other great NBA scrappers (Tony Allen, Ben Wallace, Healthy Joakim Noah) has one gear and you know you're getting it every night. All of those scrappers were significantly more beloved to their own fans than any number of guys who were generally better players.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

Patty Mills owe half of his contract to PB

Drogba and pippendagimp like this.
  18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Bev overachieved, came from the bottom & regardless of his shooting, leaves it all on the court every single night.

Capela was a pleasent surprise who’s improved a lot. Sometimes he shows up, sometimes he doesn’t & when he doesn’t, is generally when we need him the most.

Capela biggest problem is that he has no inside presence defensively/offensively. He should of feasted on Pachulia the other night, every time D12 would play the Warriors, he would own the paint.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I love both but Bev's style is energetic and externalized while Clinty's play can be cafard and internalized. That's my explanation.

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I've grown to love Clint. He plays hard, throws the ball down and is becoming a pretty good rebounder.