1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VIII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Jan 20, 2016.

1. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Lol, they remade Empire. So unoriginal.

Jontro and B-Bob like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

damn that was a loaded trailer! do not watch if you don't want to know major plot lines.

i mean, i can't believe daisy is the daughter of obi wan!

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Could not agree more. Terrible choice for this set of movies, especially if he's going to keep taking his dumb helmet off.

GRENDEL and RudyTBag like this.
  4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Saying the trailer has spoilers is more of a spoiler than not saying anything.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Emo douche is Han Solo's son too, which makes it even worse. Largest face in the world.

GRENDEL likes this.
  6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Trailer was strong but glad to hear I'm not the only who hates Adam Driver as the primary villain. I still don't understand that guys appeal......

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a huge fan of the originals, and all things Han Solo, it makes me sick.

It's like If Led Zeppelin gave birth to Nickleback.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Having Adam Driver replace Darth Vader is a strong flaw, to be sure. Hopefully Snoke will play a larger role.

EDIT: Can't believe I wrote "Smoke". Changed to SNOKE.

From the trailer, it looks as if he plays a larger role.

Adam Driver.......well, at least not a conventional villain, and he did kill his dad, and the trailer hints (red herring?) that moms is in his crosshairs too.....

Still, when he took off the tin can helmet in TFA, he should have teased and fluffed his hair. It should have been matted down, true helmet hair.

"Hi. I'm Kylo Ren. Do you have a serious case of helmet hair? I don't. Because I use" (holds up product) "Pantene. I don't pay a lot of money at the salon. It just looks like I do."

#168 ROXTXIA, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    RudyTBag likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

so emo douche will eventually join the good side while daughter of obi wan joins the dark. i think that was one of the famous fan theories.

this is my guess of what's gonna happen:
    - emo and obi's daughter combine forces
    - luke, fin, and pilot battles the new baddies
    - somewhere in the middle snoke dies and luke sacrifices himself
    - space hamster and space nun
    - fin converts obi's daughter back to the good side towards the end because of love
    - final battle between emo and obi's daughter
    - all force users kill each other off until there are no more force sensitive beings
    - the galaxy goes into a brief moment of piece ruled by science and technology
    - the birth of united federation of planets and starfleet

B-Bob likes this.
  10. VanityHalfBlack

I love the shot of Luke's robotic hands. It looks like something out of the Terminator franchise.

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. VanityHalfBlack

That Gerbil is kind of adorable. Reminds me of my ex-wife,hahhahah! MY WIFE!! BORAT VOICE!

Jontro likes this.
  13. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lots of pessimism in this thread, which I kind of understand. The Force Awakens was garbage (the worst of the 7 in my opinion). With that said, unlike JJ Abrams (an uninspired, poor director), Rian Johnson has a GREAT track record. I'm really hopeful this will be something great.

Also, Adam Driver is a really good actor. I think bad writing tanked him in TFA. I'm hopeful that he shines in this one.

14. VanityHalfBlack

What did you think of Rogue One?

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

TFA was pretty much the original Star Wars.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What makes you think it's a remake of Empire from that trailer? Just the walkers? Empire and Rogue One are my 2 favorite SW movies....but Empire didn't have a lot of conflicted characters (other than Luke), and the antagonist (Vader) was certainly not in any way conflicted in Empire. Dude cut his son's hand off.

This pull to the middle stuff seems entirely unique to me within the SW universe.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yeah, I think after he thought it through and still killed his own dad, I took him pretty seriously. I actually think he's a good character...more interesting than Vader because he's not so starkly evil in a conventional sense.....I'm interested to see what he becomes in this next one.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Ipic opening day tix purchased

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yes return of the jedi was a bit campy but still badass enough that I was all in.

Since then we have had 4 massive failures and rogue one should be the 5th since I havent even seen it.

These movies are the slut girlfriend that cant stop boning every guy she meets ...yet for some reason you take her back.

I dont get it and my gluttony for punishment. In this new stuff luke doesnt even look or seem to act remotely like luke...luke is scared? Scared of what? Luke doesnt get scared!!Hes like chuck norris. Dont mess with lukes badassery and what happened to the bad ass luke that was a jedi and took out jabba and the emperor? Where is that luke? Why are they turning him into some kind of p**ussy?
    This does kinda feel like empire in that luke is training on some secluded place like yoda/ dagobah.

If in the next one they have another dude that looks like jabba and a death star..welll...

20. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Seems pretty obvious to me. It's going to have all the same beats as Empire.

1. There clearly is going to be an attack on a rebel base with a long line of walkers. (snow battle from Empire)
    2. Adam Driver is going to invade the base with a bunch of storm troopers. (Darth Vader in Hoth Base)
    3. Millennium falcon running away from ties in tight space rock formation (astroids chase)
    4. Luke reluctant to train Rey. (The whole Luke arc basically)
    5. Rey goes sees some sort of force tree thingy (force cave)
    6. Rey goes out and tries to defeat the empire before she is ready. Gets wrecked. (Luke gets hand cut off)
    7. Adam Driver offers to ler her join him. (Join me and we'll defeat the emperor and rule father nad son) I'm sure there will be a OMG reveal moment at this time.

Sure there is a space battle but it's a loose remake, not an exact remake in the same way TFA was. And that's just what is obvious from the trailer. I'm sure in the film there will be plenty more. Just waiting to see who gets frozen in carbonite this time (probably Finn).

In the next movie they will have a primitive alien tribe defeat the first order. (totally not Ewoks though...lol).

If they wanted to be original they could have done literally anything else. They could decide the fate of the universe in a winner takes all space football game. Rey could become a raging alcoholic and murder Luke and herself in a murder suicide. I don't know. Anything else.

CCity Zero and IBTL like this.