1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden on Kevin McHale: "He's a clown. He never taught me anything"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Harden after winning the finals and shutting down Wade:

I guess I'm not a leader. I guess I don't know how to play defense. I guess I'm not a champion either, huh? AYYYYYYYYYY

*teammates go AYYYYYYY*

2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

We really messed this team up big time by not giving into Dmo's demands. Will take us years to recover, tbh.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ahh. Not being bias but he's far more superior than Curry in all aspects of his game.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Harden was top 2 in the association last year along with Westbrook. The only question is will he continue it this year? Will we run him out of gas again? What kind of deadline moves will the crafty Daren Morlay be able to pull off?

We answer all these questions and more on the next episode of The Rocket.

DonKnock and macho GRANDE like this.
  5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

McHale is a piece of **** for even talking. Ex coach / do u even think he gets another gig and respected after this?

Harden is not just known but 99% players love him and will remember this quote. Somewhere Kyle Lowry is laughing and saying I told you so.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm 1000% on Harden's side on this one.

First of all, Mcfail has no class he coached Harden for like 4 years and Harden was the guy who carried all his teams and made him relevant. Harden has never thrown McFail under the bus yet this is the Nth time McFail has taken a swipe at Harden, no class at all from that guy. Ever hear JVG say a bad word about Tmac and Yao? No he remembers those two fondly and keeps propping them up.

Secondly, I would believe McFail if he was actually a good coach, if he had coaching chops like Popovich or JVG I'd say, ok maybe he knows whats he is talking about. However we all know McFail wasn't hired to become a coach, he was a mascot who was just intended to attract stars through his cred, the real coaches of the team were supposed to be the offensive and defensive coordinators in the coaching staff. It was a failed experiment and the biggest part of that is Mcfail sucked. Dude has no clue what is going on, how can he say who is a leader and who is not? It's like the class clown judging the smartest guy in the batch WTF.

Mchale is a joke.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

CF is slacking. I'm waiting on a McFail clown pic I can use as my default for the year. Lol.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's an unnecessary and immature response from Harden. I doubt if McHale taught him anything, but to address him as a clown is foolish. Focus on the game, James, don't get rattled by what people say about you.

9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I def respect McHale just wish he would expressed this while he was the coach.. players love honesty <a href="https://t.co/FWAqFsPgSq">https://t.co/FWAqFsPgSq</a></p>&mdash; Jared Dudley (@JaredDudley619) <a href="">October 7, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yung-T, AroundTheWorld and RasaqBoi like this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

How do u know and why?

If he's out, I'm out too.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Call each other clowns for all I care....just not call the season a clownish season.

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Well sometimes a coach has to sugarcoat things and maybe he was honest, Harden didn’t like it and got him fired? Remember, treating star players can be a tricky thing, especially if he has pull with the GM and owner. Most will side with their star player. I still think McHale told him straight, but only they know so I won’t judge. This is all unfortunate in the end and to me while McHale might have crossed a line, he was honest and Harden just seems sour. I hope Harden will use it as motivation, but probably not.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden fans are nasty individuals. They have no motivation, no respect, selfish and lack leadership skills.
    im out too

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

True, McHale was not the most competent man for this job but I think because Harden was the team's No 1, he held back while he coached.

Harden was doing what he liked under McHale. I dun buy this whole 'I did what the coach told me to do. He taught me nothin' crap.

Both were clowns, Harden was the more competent clown on the court, not off the court.

#234 daywalker02, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's 2017 or 2018 soon. Wade does not need to be shut down or at least he isn't that much of a factor.

I think Lebron would be the choice of words.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so we should have kept dwight and traded harden?

what did ego ago and mda achieve recently?

so Morey offered the 6 year max extension to the wrong guy?

or CP3 joined the rockets for the wrong reason?

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yup he did clown his way to 55 wins and mvp runner last year

saleem likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his wifey's tweets were definitely more than just undiplomatic. and she was just regurgitating what she hears from clowny himself

19. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

DonKnock and macho GRANDE like this.
  20. conquistador#11

a lot of stickiness going around. less sticky.

(clapping)

Deuce and Nook like this.