1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Max Kellerman: I would take Dwayne Wade right now in the playoffs over James Harden.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 27, 2017.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Is Max basing this off the game 5 choke and then game 6 quit?

Rocketeer4Life and swyyyguy like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Max should be banned from talking basketball...there's trolling, and then there's just being bad at your job

this is 1 of those instances where what he said is so stupid I can't even get mad at it

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  3. onreego

onreego Member

Is this after switching Wade to a completely new position for the season and giving him one of the highest usage rates for that whole season?

4. hakeemthagreat

What happened in game 6 last year was not about "carrying the load". Harden wasn't exhausted to the point he forgot how to shoot. He for whatever reason just did not feel like playing and quit on his team. His overrall track record in the postseason isn't anything special enough to put him over Wade anyway. Even the stretch we made it to the WCF he was benched in the 4th quarter for not competing against the LAC (we ended up winning that game). So yea, Harden hasn't shown he can elevate his game to even compare him to Wade right now

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes, exactly.

It makes no sense to bring up Harden and Wade in a comparison though. Wade was horrible in the playoffs last year.

It's ok to bash Harden for disappearing in the playoffs at key times. Cause it's happened. It's dumb to then go on and say you'd rather have Wade.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

Yeah you cannot be exhausted from minute 1 of the game

harden definitely threw in the towel even before he stepped on the court that night

Rocketeer4Life and swyyyguy like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

K but he's still applying prime Wade playoff performance to Harden. Wade is no where near the form he was in his prime even when healthy. Hard surpassed him multiple seasons ago.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

No, yeah that is stupid from Max but we all know Max should be the last person to talk basketball

My point was more towards those excusing the Game 6 performance as wear and tear. You don't show wear and tear right from tip off. Harden didn't come to play that night. For some reason......which I hope eventually comes out

swyyyguy likes this.
  9. lionaire

lionaire Member

yikes. 100% convinced Max is a twitter-clip watching, box-score reading dweeb that doesn't actually watch the games.

Sad!

don grahamleone and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. hakeemthagreat

Yea but you can make the argument that you'd take Wade based off you KNOW he'll bring it every game. Even if Wade is off, he's going to still compete. You can't say that for Harden. Based off his history, at some point he just becomes disinterested and checks out. Harden's the only superstar in the league that doesn't mind playing a elimination game without him giving 100% effort. It's not crazy that ppl would take Wade over Harden in the playoffs

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TNT > ESPN

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  12. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Forget about "elevate" but not give up when the pressure is on and things aren't going great.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You could, but you could also make the argument that I'll bring it every game, too, but nobody would choose me over Harden.
    But I'm obviously not Dwayne Wade.

But Dwayne Wade in game 6 was 1-10.

So basically, Harden-esque (compared to Harden's game 6 against the spurs) but I guess trying?

Don't get me wrong, you're talking to the guy who would have been fine with moving Harden in the offseason for basically draft package galore from the Celtics.
    Heck, I'd still be fine moving Harden for the right return... except the reality is there is really no "right" return option out there. I'd trade him for AD. There you go, lol.

I think any Rockets fan that thinks this is the year Harden will show up consistently in the playoffs, especially now that he has CP3 to ease his burden or something, is delusional. It MIGHT actually happen, but to convince yourself it could before actually seeing it, based on Harden's history, would be delusional.

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

lol

lionaire likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so run harden to the ground and let him single handedly carry a team to 3rd seed overall being in the west in a league of super teams and multi stars...

then switch a fresh wade (22 game rest) for the playoffs? no doubt they'll still be swept by the MVP's team

or howbout we put a super fresh harden (22 game rest like Wade) with the bulls for the playoffs? how far do you think harden, butler, rondo, mirotic, lopez, etc are gonna go?

16. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

For all his flaws, there's no way you trade Harden at the age of 28. Harden puts you in the playoffs all by himself. I wouldn't trade him for AD or any of the other bigs. It's still the Guard/Wing position Era. You don't trade guys like that. We just need to put the pieces around him to make up for the playoff games he may not show up :)

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

or he needs at least another star around him and 10 games rest like the lebrons and kawhis

18. illwil29

illwil29 Member

If you have to guess if your leader is going to show up, then sombody else should be in charge. That should be the constant! Your star/leader should show up no matter what.

19. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

TNT is trash too, barkley had to basically apologize on air for how he kept trashing les and our organization

mchale works at nba tv, and nba tv and tnt are linked

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Right now I'm at 0% confidence in Playoff James Harden so I'm going to leave this one alone..

Rocketeer4Life likes this.