1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow... I started BAL DST. Perhaps one of the most touted defenses playing JAX and TO-prone QB? Wow. Minus 4 to start the day, and OBJ and Kelvin Benjamin must have been inspired by the Ravens.

Update: Benjamin injures knee... Fantasy Football is a humbling game.

#281 NewRoxFan, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My Fantasy team underperformed by 50 pts this week.

3. NewRoxFan

Made good decisions like Cousins over Ben and Prater over Lutz. BAL decision was sound. But Fleener over Jared Cook was a really bad decision.

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Lol I picked up Jax's defense on the wire before the game, I figured they were at home & Flacco was due for an underperformance. 14 points.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Being offered Jonathan Stewart for my Chris Hogan in standard scoring league. I desperately need an RB2 and I'm deep in WR so it's intriguing, but not sure if Stewart is the right RB2. Thoughts?

6. NewRoxFan

RBs are harder to find than WRs and seems Hogan is very hit or miss. I've liked Stewart, even though it seems CAR is laser focused on McCaffery. I think its a good trade.

7. NewRoxFan

I need to improve my backup RBs and also need to replace Kelvin Benjamin depending on the severity of his knee injury (and maybe even based on how bad Cam is now).

Which RB would you choose: Jamal Charles, DEN or D'Onte Foreman, HOU or CJ Procise, SEA?

Which WR: Paul Richardson, SEA, or Taylor Gabriel, ATL or Kendall Wright, CHI or Sterling Shepard? I have OBJ, so don't know if its a mistake having two Giants receivers.

8. The Stig

The Stig Member

@kevC Stewart is a TD dependent, high volume back (15-20 carries a game). I have him and started him once this year in my Flex. Floor seems to be around 50 yards, ceiling is 80 yards and multiple TDs. I'm not feeling too hot on Carolina though. They look like a mess right now. I like Hogan better but if you need a RB, Stewart is underrated and a decent shout.

@NewRoxFan Foreman looks good. I like him way more than Miller and it's not even one month into the season yet. As for your WR, I like Shepard the best but you have a point about the stack. Gabriel and then Richardson IMO

9. mario_v

mario_v Member

Should I trade Demarco Murray and hogan for ajayi?

I have cook, freeman, foreman, Henry, Mack at rb.

Crabtree, Hopkins, hogan, Corey Davis, Snead at wr.

10. NewRoxFan

I really like Ajayi but his knee is a concern. The Murray versus Henry question will probably go all year unless one gets hurt. Hogan is a feats or famine in NE. I think I would take the gamble on Ajayi's knee.

mario_v likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Currently have BAL as my DST (yup, -4 points). Should I stay with them versus PIT at BAL, or drop and replace with either KC (at home VS WAS), CIN (at CLE), PHIL (vs LAC)or GB (vs CHI)? Yea, surprised KC is on our waivers...

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I need to start 2 of these this week, who should I bench?

Willie Snead
    Chris Hogan
    Marshawn Lynch

(.5 ppr)

13. mario_v

mario_v Member

I have Baltimores defense too. I know statistically, Big Ben does not play well on the road, so starting the Raven's D could be a good idea.

I will probably play it safe pick up the Bengals D against Cleveland.

14. NewRoxFan

Funny thing... I have two QBs on the roster and both are playing difficult defenses under consideration (Big Ben at BAL, Cousins at KC). I am almost tempted to grab a third QB, just for this week...

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

KC has a stout defense, I'd go for them. They killed the Texans and humbled Brady. Washington, cousins, has been sketchy this year although he just had a nice game

16. BigMaloe

PPR league

Tevin Coleman vs Buffalo

Tarik Cohen @ Green Bay (Thursday)

Leaning cohen because buffalo has been stingy against rbs and gb could get early lead leading to more passes from Chicago.

Thoughts?

17. NewRoxFan

Interesting situation. While Howard had 100 yards despite a sore shoulder, Cohen has also looked good and almost had a huge TD at the end of the game. Coleman might also get some play in the passing game, and since BUF defense is pretty good against the run there may be more passing opportunities for Coleman. But I think the easier defense and the better chance that CHI falls behind and thus Cohen will get more snaps than Howard and I'd go with Cohen.

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

Quick question, since I am planning on starting Cousins vs KC is it good to start the DST your QB faces, or does it protect you in case in this case KC does shut down my QB I at least get some points?

My other QB (Big Ben) faces the other DST (BAL) and its a road game so its a really good bet Ben struggles.

19. NewRoxFan

Vent: discussed a trade yesterday with another owner that we've been talking about for a few weeks. Sent the trade offer yesterday... he rejects, then modifies the offer in such a ridiculous manner that I immediately rejected.

Original trade offer: My Terrance West and Coby Fleener for his Kyle Rudolph. He is in major need of RBs (his starters are Ajayi and Hyde, but his backups are Chris Johnson and Shane Vereen). I wanted the 2:1 to add another WR in case Benjamin is out for more than a week.

His counter: His Kyle Rudolph and Shane Vereen for my Coby Fleener and Melvin Gordon.

Reject. Trades are usually hard to work out in most leagues but almost impossible in this league. If he didn't want the trade that he and I discussed for a few weeks, fine, Reject it. But to counter with such an idiotic trade counter is such a dick move. I'll upgrade my TE via waivers (easiest position to fill streaming anyway). I will hang onto West, or maybe give West away to the team playing this guy next week.

20. BigMaloe

I have cousins and he's disappointed all year. Jordan reed is banged up and he can't seem to get his chemistry down with Pryor.

KC is good. Like I said, they made Tom look pedestrian. I would suggest starting Ben. Especially after how bad they looked against jax and the fact they just played overseas.