1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why did Carmelo Anthony change his mind to play with the real MVP?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Sep 23, 2017.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This. /thread

2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You have an ignore button and I would recommend you use it if you're too sensitive for the content.

I won't ignore swyyguy, though. While most of his posts tend to come off a bit on the douchey side, l think he has real issues and tries to mitigate this condition through passive aggressive trolling. He has a mental illness and I hope he gets well soon.

3. PatBev

PatBev Member

Morey had three months to lock him up and Presti got it done in less than 24 hours

Morey was cocky and going on podcast acting like he was unstoppable but presti made him look like a b**** after gaining 2 stars for practically a dollar

cheke64 and NicaHoustonian like this.
  4. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

No way you give up Ariza and Gordon. ****ing dumb. They got nothing from OKC. And we have a stacked team with very deep bench. Your dumb threads are not blocking the shine. We have a great team. OKC still has terrible depth.

5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

No and no. That is why he chose HOU as #1 option. If he thought he had a better chance with WB/PG he would have had OKC as number 1 option.

Remlap and swyyyguy like this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Touché

You are correct on both points.

Just that, I would feel like a douchebag going to a Mavericks forum asking, "Why did Deandre Jordan not go to Dallas?

Invisible Fan, vlaurelio and Tha_Dude like this.
  7. Tha_Dude

Because he didn't want to play with Dirk. duh!

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Morey playing 4d chess and he played Presti bro... 'aint nobody got time for a broken down, overrate diva. okc just facked themselves.

vlaurelio and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

It has to be. And now no one wants to play with Dirk, Harrison Barnes and Mark Cuban.

Well wait, one could make $15 million plus while wearing a suit & sitting on the bench watching
    the games all year.

Just ask Chandler Parsons.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  10. PatBev

PatBev Member

Ya we paid for two broken down players and gave one of them 20mil a year nobody else wants

11. RLP55

RLP55 Member

No sleep lost here. No sour grapes either. Did not want CA here. Yes he is a very good player. This edition of the Rockets will be all about chemistry. Anthony is just plain cancer, locker room, court, and where ever else he roams.

Not too crazy about Paul either. But at least he is a playmaker/distributor. Our bench looks to be formidable and I feel good about Paul keeping everyone involved.

Pretty sure Morey is still working the phones to tidy up the roster.

12. Tha_Dude

You're unhinged right now and not looking at the big picture.

vlaurelio and Pen15clubber like this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Well he was traded to the clippers to share a back court with Austin rivers

Reeko, vlaurelio and swyyyguy like this.
  14. PatBev

PatBev Member

My vision of a big picture:

Houston might be 4-5 seed depending on how well Minnys practically big 4 and OKC work out. We have three injury prone players in CP3/Gordon/Anderson who we definitely rely on. CP3 isn't satisfied and we lose him for nothing at the end of the season after sending half the farm getting him, and houstons back to middle 1st round picks and fighting for a low seed while completely wasting hardens prime. Watch GS own the league for next 5 years

Another big picture:

We send Gordon for Melo. Have the best two playmakers and the best stretch 4. Pick up wade in the buyout. Most likely add Lebron next year and be a dynasty for a few years possibly

What's your big picture? Not trying to be a dick but I'm like Morey knowing it's an arms race and it's not fun knowing the future is now definitely uncertain with CP3

cheke64 and swyyyguy like this.
  15. Tha_Dude

Remember when Golden State was all in on trying to acquire Dwight? I do. He didn't go there, but it ended up working out for them. They picked up a few scrubs named Iguodala and Bogut. The fans in the bay area were not very impressed, but it seemed to work out for them very well in the end, don't you think?

As my old man once told me, sometimes the best deal is the one that you don't make. He was drunk when he told me that and I was in pre-k or kindergarten at the time but I still remember it. He was right too.

16. threepointshot3

Houston was his number 1 choice you idiot. We just would not giveup Capella and rightly so. You are a fuking idiot who should banned

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

That's actually not a half bad idea

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rightly so.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

:eek:

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Troll thread. But am surprised Melo caved. Basically it comes down to....

Melo was SO against showing up for NYK media day, that he opened up his NTC to get A DEAL done with SOMEONE on his list. I am sure Houston was #1 on his list. But his PRIORITIES changed "all of a sudden". It was MORE IMPORTANT to NOT show up for NYK media day than it was to go to his #1 choice in HOUSTON.

Melo caved and didn't #StayMe7o.