1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Medicare for All

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by edwardc, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

And immediately after he stipulates that Canada has non-bankrupting universal care and asks the panelist to explain how.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Basically healthcare in the United States is a bubble. It's unsustainable.

Needs a market correction.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

these schemes always have to be federal, because you need the ability to print/borrow money to pay for them

any state that tries to fund it through taxation inevitably fails

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It seems like doctors are Indians anyway. The acceptance rate at some Indian medical schools are less than 1%. I am sure if we import some doctors from there they will be pretty smart.

Carl Herrera likes this.
  5. Air Langhi

You know why the slots are limited? Because the slots are funded by the government aka medicare.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh? How are the inflation rates in nations that use taxation to help their single payer/universal healthcare system?

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

even if you double the no. of medical school and lowered the acceptance//admission standards and lured Physicians from overseas , the no. of Physicians who will be able to pass board examinations and secure their professional license will remain mostly the same .

about 1/3 of Medical Physicians at McGill /Toronto university hospitals are American citizens who are willing to take a paycut in order to operate under nonprofit system

the bottleneck of the health care cost comes mostly from Drugs companies , not all of them , but let's take Teva as an example ,the giant Israeli generic company operates like a mafia, they were found guilty of hooking patients on opioid http://www.reuters.com/article/heal...california-counties-opioid-case-idUSL1N1IR1W3 ,infringe patent from other drugs makers , fixing prices,Bribes goes all over the globe and they often get away with a slap on the wrist and diverting blame to some employees , dragging other companies into endless lawsuit ,.. such practices increase the overall cost

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

That is why there will soon be countless Dr Watsons in the hospitals near you.

9. Air Langhi

Eventually computers will take over all jobs. It's going to come fast.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The latest South Park was written just for you

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is not free, we just want our tax dollars to pay for that more than the unnecessary wars.

DD

DonnyMost and CometsWin like this.
  12. Exiled

Exiled Member

chances you may see it at the pharmacy section of Walmart than a hospital

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

That too, but I am not counting out AI doctors at the hospitals within the next twenty years. In fact AI will be every where within a generation, I hope it is good for mankind.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was going to post a thread with the title, "Has Bernie Lost His Mind?" First, I looked to see if there was another thread that would serve. I guess this one fills the bill. Why am I upset with Senator Sanders? The proposed "debate" that is scheduled for next Monday night on CNN, less than a week before the rules mandate a 60 vote majority to pass a bill getting rid of Obamacare. Sanders is an idiot. A debate like this plays right into the hands of Senator Lindsay Graham and Senator Cassidy.

There is no need for the debate. Zero. Not now. Not when the focus should be solely placed on defeating the abominable GOP bill that is worse than the previous defeated bill Republicans attempted to pass that lost by a narrow margin. All Sanders is doing is feeding his ego. Is this the result of hubris? It will give Graham and Cassidy the platform they are dying for to claim that if the GOP bill is defeated, the Democrats will raise everyone's taxes. They will hammer Sanders and Klobuchar on taxes, and the debate platform is sure to be filled with bits that Fox News and the Alt-Right sites can use to obfuscate the truth. The truth being that both Republican senators continue to tell lies about their legislation.

They will continue to tell those lies Monday night, if given the chance. Debates of this kind can and should take place later during a more appropriate time. Single payer health insurance isn't going to be passed by this Congress, so the "debate' is an exercise in futility. I'll repeat that. The debate Monday night is an exercise in futility if Sanders has any thought of passing single payer healthcare during this Congress.

Can anyone make Bernie Sanders shut his ****ing mouth and quit feeding his ego for a freakin' week? Chuck Schumer, Senate Minority Leader, should threaten Sanders with reprisals politically if he doesn't call this off, in my humble opinion. Sanders has made clear that he isn't a Democrat, but if he hopes to save Obamacare for now, which needs improving, and wishes to eventually replace it with a single payer system that he has yet to show can be paid for, this isn't helping. It isn't helping unless he wants to see millions of Americans lose their healthcare, thinking that somehow that will improve the chances for single payer down the road, something I find very hard to believe. I can't think of any other reason for a debate that will only help the GOP get their crap bill passed, in my opinion. How I hope I am wrong.

15. dmoneybangbang

Agreed, let the GOP continue to look incompetent.

Deckard likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The lack of response has been interesting, except for you, of course (and thanks). I figured that calling Bernie Sanders an idiot for doing this debate, and essentially being the reason it is occurring, would get some perturbed members to disagree. Apparently, no one disagrees! ;)

Like I said in my post, I seriously considered starting a thread about this entitled, "Has Bernie Lost His Mind?" Perhaps I should have, but I rarely start threads.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Less bombs and blowjobs for the wealthy, more books and basic medical care.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. dmoneybangbang

I get what Bernie is trying to do but he's not a political strategist. It seems like this bill is all but dead now that McCain has come out against it.

19. dmoneybangbang

Universal blow jobs?!?!?

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member