1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Buck Turgidson

I actually wish Mr. Meowgi would come back. His deranged rantings were pretty fun. These new ones, not so much.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Regarding Facebook-

A little tidbit for you guys. A friend of mine is a highly regarded counterintelligence agent for the military who now works in the private sector who just a week or so ago went on an interview with Facebook who is doing a 911 hiring boom for cyber staff. While most organizations that deal internationally have security folks, until recently Facebook had virtually none with counterintelligence experience which is insane.

In the interview my friend said he was doing a white board presentation and the interviewer was checking Twitter and not paying attention and generally seemed like an idiot.

Facebook was paid in RUBLES by these Russians in 2016 and they didn't think anything of it. The key to finally getting idiot old people and ignorant young people to understand what is real and what is garbage could very well be Facebook and Twitter and their complicity and dismissal of the importance of their role in the world is staggering and could very well lead to the government having to step in and take away some of the freedoms we enjoy with the internet. Facebook is going to ruin it for everyone essentially if they don't get their act together.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

Recall that, in July,
    federal agents bearing a search warrant picked the lock on Manafort's front door and raided his Virginia home.
    They took binders stuffed with documents and copied his computer files, looking for evidence that Mr. Manafort
    had set up secret offshore bank accounts.​

NYT is reporting that the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, then followed the house search with a warning:
    His prosecutors told Manafort they planned to indict him

CNN is also reporting that, since late 2014, with the approval of the FISA court, stemming from Manafort's lobbying work for the Ukraine government, the US government had been wiretapping Trump's former campaign chair.

4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

So it comes out that Trump did indeed get wiretapped after all.

He may not have been the 'direct' official subject for the wiretapping, nonetheless, a private conversation he had was officially wiretapped secretly by the government.

On top, Manafort had a residence in Trump tower which means it's also very likley Trump tower was wiretapped directly since he was being wiretapped.

I think Trump is owed an apology, he was correct yet again. Trump is confirmed to have been wiretapped in a conversation with Manafort, and it's very likely Trump Tower also got wiretapped.

Aceshigh7 likes this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

you're confused

6. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

No he's not. He's entirely correct.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, he is not correct in what he said, and you don't seem to understand either what Trump claimed or what happened as far as wiretapping.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If by "entirely correct" you mean completely mistaken, then yes that's accurate.

Deckard likes this.
  9. Realjad

Trump said Obama (justice department) wiretapped him during the election process.

One of his phone calls with Manafort was indeed wiretapped

He is correct exactly how he said it, unless by 'what trump claimed' is you going off of interpretations and media opinions from others of what Trump meant instead of what Trump said.

Furthermore Trump said "Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"

Considering Manafort had a residence in Trump Tower and he was definitively being wiretapped, it seems very likely Trump Tower was wiretapped afterall.

#629 Realjad, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  10. dobro1229

Read the story. Mannafort was wiretapped in 2014 for his dealings with Ukraine NOT during the election. The report specifically mentions how the Trump tower meeting was not monitored.

However there is this thing called a Special prosecutor and Mannafort is a subject of that investigation and Trump stupidly had apparently called him multiple times which is would essentially be Trump wiretapping himself under your premise that if a DOJ and the units serving it (FBI or Special Counsel) under the current president are all ordered by that president.

So where is the outrage that Trump was wiretapped by Trump?

Seriously the lengths Trump fans will go to argue on behalf of Trump is astounding. I with Houston Rockets fans were as loyal as you guys are.

11. Realjad

Manafort wiretapping did end in 2014.. but was then picked back up in 2016. That one particular meeting at Trump Tower took place while they were trying to get the wiretap order through approval, which occurred right after- this is why the trump tower meeting wasn't monitored, but things that occurred afterwards were monitored.

LOL at the lengths some people will go.. dude you literally said Trump wiretapped himself. heh hahahahaha

oh please. Manafort was being monitored. Manafort had a residence in Trump Tower. You're telling me Manafort never called Trump? Not once? It's possible, it's very likely he did though- thus Trump Tower got tapped. It's also confirmed that one conversation between Trump and Manafort was tapped.

btw How convenient that the tapping order was sent and got approved right after party nominations got decided and thus Hillary came into the picture.

The funny part is they didn't find anything and Hillary still lost. That is the ultimate fail.

Mannafort was wiretapped in 2014 for his dealings with Ukraine NOT during the election.
    He was tapped in 2014. But you are wrong, he was also tapped during the election. You're spreading.. shall I say.. fake news with the use of those caps there.

#631 Realjad, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  12. dobro1229

Not only do you have reading comprehension, you also apparently have sense of humor.

If Obama himself was responsible for wiretapping Trump tower in 2014 to 2016, then in 2017 Trump must be responsible for wiretapping Trump. It's a joke but an accurate portrayal of the Trump fan argument tonight.

Trumps right!!... his campaign manager is going to be indicted most likely... but Trumps right!!!! Yay!!

13. Realjad

They found nothing, no evidence of any wrong doing so "yay" he wont be indicted.

When Trump found out it got ended. He commented about it and CNN/Fake News called him a liar.

What I'm trying to tell you is to go ahead and add 'logic' to the other two skills you claim I have.

14. dobro1229

Except you missed this part in the story tonight

And I'm joking about Trump wiretapping himself. He has no control over the special counsel other than he can order Rosenstein to fire him and create Saturday night massacre 2.0. That's why I said he is an idiot for having communications with someone under investigation.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

how exciting..., i bet all of our resident lefties vaginas are wet this evening...

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is not about left or right, it is about what is GOOD for this country - if you were a TRUE patriot you would want all the colluding asshats to be thrown in jail.

If Trump is one, him too, if not, then the investigation won't hurt.

We need to purge any and every single one of them that broke the law and took foreign money - Republican, Democrat, Independent - all of them.......and put measure in place to where it won't happen again.

DD

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't have a vag, sorry. I remain very sad for our country. If anything gets wet out of this bypartisan investigation, it will be my eyes.

dobro1229 and JayGoogle like this.
  18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

quit lying. yea you do even if you don't "technically" have one. if you feel like a vag and act like a vag then you have the right to be a vag. isn't it how that works?

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No lying from me. I would be saddened if it were McCain Romney Bush or Obama. I do not have single ounce, modicum, thimble full, nano particle of respect for Trump. He makes this country look bad in countless ways.

If he did nothing wrong or Mueller is incapable of proving it, so be it. One of the good things about Trump is that may be so bad that someway, somehow a few viable political parties could begin to truly emerge. R's and D's are both bought. People get to the point where they just argue about social issues. And refuse to open their eyes about how bad these two parties have become.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mueller may actually have recordings of Trump and Manafort discussing various dubious activities - I recall that taped conversations have been a problem for Republicans in the past.