1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Horror Cinema] IT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 29, 2017.

1. VanityHalfBlack

IT is a box office success. That is crazy!! Juggalos for life!

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Saw the movie this past weekend. Didn't really find it very scary, seems like Bill SkarsgÄrd was going for a Freddy Kruger thing, it wasn't over the top but the character never scared me. That being said, the film is really well made, has a Stand by Me feel to it in large parts.

Kid actors were all excellent, depending on who they cast as the adult versions it might be tough to get the same chemistry this group had.

Solid B+ movie .

Nook and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  3. VanityHalfBlack

All the kids go back to school, matinee showings are the best!! FAP!!!

Nook and Jontro like this.
  4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I came out thinking I just watched "Stand by Me"

Not scary at all. Not at all what I was expecting. It was funnier than it was scary.

Don't go if you want to see a scary movie. Save your money.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Fantastic movie. Probably the best film of the entire summer (yes slightly better than Spiderman).

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. PatBev

PatBev Member

I ****ing hate scary movies because that type of stuff doesn't scare me. I once got so far ahead of my group at the house of torment that I got offered a job because the manager worked in the last **** before exit and we had like a five minute conversation

Anyways my friend offered to pay if I went so I got high and went

I really liked it. That kid from stranger things is the next Shia labeouf or Myles turner

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought it was about 5 out of 10
    It had some good scenes but overall it was meh

The sh!tty way they did MIKE totally destroyed what might have been decent
    They basically did to him what they did to Tyrese on the Walking Dead
    sucked the soul out of the character

Rocket River

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That's literally what my girlfriend and I said coming out of It. I don't get the hype, was a rather mediocre movie overall. Also, it wasn't scary. Arguably Get Out was scarier than It. Then again I can't say enough good about Get Out.

9. VanityHalfBlack

117M box office weekend!!!

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Weird seeing people judging a horror movie by how scary it is. You're not doing it right people.

Army of Darkness has literally zero scary scenes and it is one of the greatest horror movies ever. Re-Animator? Come on now. Scary doesn't mean good.

VanityHalfBlack and fba34 like this.
  11. VanityHalfBlack

Yes, absolutely. There so many different types of horror. Slashers/psychological/gore/disturbed/comedy/fun/fap!! The only horror movie that scared and scarred me was freaking TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. It's grimy looking, 70s, low budget, gross, eerie. Loosely based on true events. Leatherface, I mean JESUS!!! The first Freddy movie was scary, heck even Friday the 13th the first film was scary but wasn't the best of the series.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

saw it last night. i wish they would have tapered down on the humor. it kind of took away from the scare factor. they tried too hard to capitalize on the stranger things popularity. but overall i thought it was really good and some scenes genuinely had me recoiling in my seat. the effects were awesome.

as for mike, i thought he was the historian? instead they gave it to fattie/jack tripper.

13. PatBev

PatBev Member

I'm pretty sure mike is the historian of the town once everyone grows up. I'm pretty sure mike is the only kid from the group that didn't move away and he's the towns librarian 27yrs later for chapter 2

14. PatBev

PatBev Member

Agreed on the Stephen king part. My girlfriend read the book as a teenager and was telling me after the movie the book had heavy subtext of Beth getting molested by her father and a big group orgy scene with all the kids in the sewer.

I also read on line a lot of the parents wanted to take there kids out of the movie with how heavy the script was sexually but apparently the studio wouldn't allow it in the movie

Stephen king is probably a weirdo like the rest of Hollywood. I was ready to leave when I thought Beth was gonna get raped by her dad. I can't stand watching that **** in movies

cheke64 likes this.
  15. Falcons Talon

When I see a trailer with all the creepy, scary clown trailers while showing none of the comic relief, I expect to see a good, creepy, scary clown movie.
    The comic relief part was funny. I'm just saying that's not what I paid to see. I'll catch Chapter two on Kodi.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

I liked that some theaters are having the clown look over the balcony at you while you watch the movie. Funny. And possibly creepy. Why are there no creepy clown video games....

Actually glad they tried to make a legit movie as that has more appeal to me, as king is talented enough to make that work, but I really do not need to see stand by me again, so will probably skip until it hits the market for free.

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Going into a film with a predisposition based on a trailer is never a good idea, IMO.

18. Falcons Talon

No disrespect as you're entitled to your opinion. When I see a trailer, I expect to see a movie based on what is being sold.

If I had any notion that Richie's one liners were going to steal the show, I would have saved my money. That's my opinion.

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Hope you didn't pay attention to those actiony Blade Runner trailers back in the day. ;)

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Was it a group sex event? I thought she individually had sex with each and every kid. Maybe I'm mistaken.