1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Almost impossible to win in the NFL without a QB. Throw in below average offensive line personnel and it is impossible. If anyone should be canned it's the GM, but in fairness we're in year 5 of bottom third of the NFL QB play and that won't cut it no matter who's in charge

boomboom likes this.
  2. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

everybody knows o'brien is horrible except for mr. mcnair smh. Lets just hope o'brien doesnt ruin watson's confidence and mechanics like he did with hackenburg at penn state

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Nobody could run that offense with the shitty line they trotted out there today. NOBODY!

You can fire the coaches, but if you keep giving Rick Smith a free pass nothing will ever change.

TheFreak, boomboom and BigShasta like this.
  4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

dude you can put aaron rodgers back there who is mobile and he would still suck on this team. O'Briens offense is ass. The concepts are garbage, if you know anything about the game of football you know a lot of the passcatchers on the texans run sh!tty routes. Which in turn leads to the qb holding the ball, which leads to fumbles, and sacks.

tehG l i d e likes this.
  5. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

how are you gonna blame rick smith, o'brien is the worst coach in the nfl. His offense has never been pretty. Penn State had great talent and underperformed every year with O'Brien. Look now at Penn State 2 years later with James Franklin and they are #4 in the country. O'Brien is horrible, even if Duane Bown comes back the offense and playcalling is ****

Nobody in coaching does less with more than O'Brien, maybe mike tomlin and jeff fisher. But O'Brien is def top 3

BigShasta likes this.
  6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

O'Brien has no integrity in his decision making..
    The next game is 4 days away and you can't answer who will be the starting QB...

7. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

If Aaron Rodgers was our QB it wouldn't matter who called the plays. The top QBs in this league are practically on the field OCs and don't have to depend on the coaching staff to call the plays

TheFreak likes this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I've changed my "no" to a "yes".

I'm wasting my time typing this but I'm going to anyway.

- offense has regressed every year, every year has struggled to be a league average offense.
    - best players were here when he got here, players that left have not been replaced with better players or in most cases average ones.
    - has not developed quality players at any position
    - has not employed the schemes of the patriots offense. No slot threat, no TE downfield threat, no pick routes, no backfield passing game, no versatility
    - does not use his players talents wisely. Does not coach to their strengths, does not put them in situation to succeed
    - vanilla doesn't even begin to describe it
    - runs up the middle behind a poor oline with a RB who is better "in space"
    - calls 5 yard passes on 3rd and 8
    - won't call a middle screen when it's desperately needed but calls the god forsaken WR tunnel screen that Does. Not. Work. Every game.
    - has not changed anything while continuing to regress
    - scapegoated his staff
    - this all without yet saying he has bungled, not mismanaged, BUNGLED the QB situation every single time the opportunity arises to make a decision. Debacled. Bungled y'all, not handled poorly, not made a mistake, BUNGLED.

I can handle a loss. I can understand getting beat. I will not stand for ineptitude and getting our barns burned. How do you look THAT unprepared for the first game? They were physically manhandled on both sides. They were out of place on both sides.

STILL?

Fire him, today, and don't look back.

9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Real simple. Did you see the talent on that line? Are you kidding me? That is not an NFL caliber group. Not by a long shot! And who do you think is ultimately responsible for putting it together?

The Texans, as an organization, have never prioritized the offensive line. Offensive lineman do not sell tickets, so a lot of that is on McNair also. Having a terrible line pre dates Bill O'Brien. Now is he also a problem? Without a doubt. But ultimately, it's on McNair and Rick Smith.

10. mario_v

mario_v Member

Say what you want about him obrien, but how many coaches would even make the playoffs with the quarterbacks he's had to work with?

Most teams would go 2-14 with Fitzpatrick, hoyer, and Osweiler as their qb.

Any coach's offense would look bad if they had his qbs.

I think people are just frustrated and are looking for a scapegoat but firing obrien will not make the oline block better or savage play better.

Blame McNair and his lap dog Rick smith for not drafting Derek Carr, Prescott, signing Osweiler, trading away the first and second round picks.

If we had Derek Carr, you would be calling BO'b a genius. It's amazing how a good qb can suddenly make a coach look good.

TheFreak likes this.
  11. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

"It's on me." "I have to do better." Yet he hasn't. Enough said.

12. miamirocketman

Today was ridiculous, we really didn't play that bad once watson was in. It's insane that o;brien is so stubborn. All his QB's have been awful: Mallett,Hoyer,Savage. Im not gonna blame him for osweiler bc smith signed him but im sure he signed off on it. We were down 19-0 and savage had no pocket awareness. Vrabel who O'brien wanted as DC took one of the most talented Defenses in the league and just gave up 29 to blake bortles led team. At some point you blame leadership. Watson looked nice when he came in but he isn't the guy to to bring us back down 19-0 in his first game.

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

He handles QBs like George Steinbrenner handles managers.

I can't believe he only gave Savage 1 half before yanking him.

Dankstronaut and juanm34 like this.
  14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Fixed it for you.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know man. The division gives the Texans a lot of room to f*ck up; making the playoffs with a maximum 1 team to beat is not huge accomplishment. At this point, BOB should not be given the benefit of the doubt. If Texans drafted Carr we should all assume that O'Brien would have f*cked him up trying to jam him into his dumb ass offense.

vinsensual and RocketsTruth like this.
  17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We made all the Jags defense look like all-pros. No team is going to win when you give up 10 sacks much less an offensive team that is fragile. The next 5 games will be O'Brien's future.

18. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

qb is nothing when wr's and te's run shitty routes

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

the afc south has been weak for years back when peyton used to dominate. you are giving o'brien way too much credit. The defense wins these games