1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Billionaire Tilman Fertitta Buys Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Sep 5, 2017.

1. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

That sounds pretty bad. Les will at least get money upfront.

2. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty hard to b**** about the first two years!

AroundTheWorld and Richie_Rich like this.
  3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

If Tillman was really cutthroat enough to fleece someone out of their restaurant business then THAT is the type of guy I'd want owning my team. We need a cutthroat owner who will do what it takes to win. Even if he really did fleece the Landry family, he is the one that built it from nothing to a company worth billions. You can't take that away from the guy. Haters gonna hate.

IBTL likes this.
  4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

How funny and hypocritical that many posters on this board complain about Tilmans deceiving business tactics while at the same time praise Chris Paul.. one of.. if not the most notorious floppers and ref deceivers in the modern game.

Really though, you have to have some skeletons in the closet to be a billionaire. What Tilman did really isn't that bad. The Landry family should have read the contract they were signing.. every single word when dealing with that sum of money. If the story is true, it's on them, not Tilman. They did not do their due diligence.

#424 Realjad, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Woooo big money baby!!!!!

shadowsb23 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Ok Tony the tough guy. Maybe we should straight up just sweep the leg when we see durant.
    I get the line of thinking but we are talking slime bucket old school nickelodeon style.

Umm what about if I take out the stealing of landrys and the loan at 23 years old?then its the other million and one stories since then? I need to take a shower just talking about him.

Landrys was not nothing. The first million is the hardest lol.

Not hating in as much as cant stand the idea of watching/supporting a team that on any level is tied to this dude.

Actually Im more impressed with him getting all this financing in first place and building all the new joes crab shacks. His ability (err mafiability) to gain credit is uncanny. He built joes at breakneck pace. Reaping benefit of new restaurant honeymoon period.. then selling that off to get more credit. This guy is credit on cocaine. There are so many peters to pay paul I wouldnt be surprised at all if this rockets deal is financed out against his 'assets'

I wouldnt trust this guys check past the end of the parking lot. But its not his money anyway. It would be an interesting business class in what bank he is with and the credit games he plays. Im sure Les is smart enough to get cash and I cant wait to see the scam this guy pulls. I question if he really is putting any kind of real coin from his pocket. Which I doubt he is. Likely he is going to stiff the bank and it will make for a nice episode on american greed.

Lets hope the credit game pays here too and he is our modern day dutchmaster medici. Credit makes the world go round right? and enough dumbass payers are willing to finance this little guys ego then all for it I say.

I didnt want the fate of the rockets to be tied on any level to this piece of dog shi**t

7. Realjad

salty

IBTL likes this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Gaining someones trust... offering up your discounted brother as attorney ..with intent to fleece isnt really that bad huh?
    There is cutthroat and then there is dogging it on your grandma bad

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Realjad

Salty

you don't know whether the story is true or heard from the other side, yet you have already passed judgment.

and yes, this is on people not reading contracts. What he did is on the tame side of how most billionaires become billionaires if the story is true because this could have all been avoided by reading. When you are dealing with millions you don't just 'oh i trust you'.. this is the real world and you read everyword and if the story is true then the family learned a real lesson.

and I have many doubts about the story to begin with

salt salt saltyyy

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

There were several offers over 2 billion according to the ESPN article, so anyone who gets picked must have made a good case right?

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tilman

Not

Tillman

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tilman

Not

Tillman

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Its bad business brah..curious that I would need to explain that. Says a lot about you. Lesson learned not to trust your ass.lol ....i get it you are talking about being mister bad ass cutthroat business guy. Good.

Im salty that this chump is associated with my favorite team. I dont hate the dude enough to not like the rockets.. but this will be a more tough watch with this greaser around.

15. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Aw crap. Are we going to have to go thru "cheap b*stard!" posts all over again.

16. Realjad

what's bad 'brah'? sounds like it was good business ;) j/k

but the point is, it's bad character to pass judgment on someone over a story that there really isn't 1. factual evidence for and 2. heard the other side.

Again, while on the subject of integrity it's offsetting that you have the nerve to call him slimy and don't want him associated with your team, while at the same time celebrating someone that is known as the king of slimy moves and taking the integrity out of the game that you claim to love.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dude, if you can't see the difference between ruthless business dealings and a basketball player, I don't know what to tell you. There have been stories floating around for years about this guy. I sincerely hope there is nothing to them, because the fellow just bought the Rockets, but I'm not putting on rose tinted glasses, either.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

People criticizing on Tilman even before he has stepped on court

Reminds me of how I ****ing despised McFail and Samuel buusty Dekker as soon as they were linked with the Rockets. Gladthose two scrubs are gone

You do you, tilman critics

19. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Being a UH fan I approve of this sale

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Are you a UH alum? Isn't UH like one of the shittiest schools in the country when it comes to education?