1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem Olajuwon - Best Center Of All Time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Aug 29, 2017.

1. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I kind of see the rockets and bulls team of then like roger federer and rafael nadal. Federer has all the slams but Nadal's W-L against him in the slams would shock a lot of people.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch City and Hakeem was so inspiring
    Clutch named this site after them

If these idiot vermin newbs think that I love Hakeem Olajuwon and Clutch City too much,
    On a scale of 1 to 10, I'm a 1 and Clutch is a 10 for his love and respect of the Dream.

If you disrespect the Championships, you disrespect CLUTCH

#42 tinman, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    xiki likes this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I'd put him behind Wilt and Kareem personally, but certainly one of the greatest to ever play the game.

5. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Always on top, el numero uno. Teach tinman teach ...

tinman and Killatron 2000 like this.
  6. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Dream is no doubt the best I have seen. I worried for a while that someone would usurp his place at the greatest, but now I am confident that will never happen. I encourage any young Rockets fans to watch any and every Dream video out there.

tinman likes this.
  7. the shark

the shark Member

I watched Hakeem the mi

xiki likes this.
  8. the shark

the shark Member

Tinman take your own advice and stop belittling Hakeem's alma mater. You say you love Dream and yet you joke about a place that means EVERYTHING to him. Pretty ironic how much you say you love the Rockets, and they'd have no back to back championships without the Dream, Clyde and Herrara (all UH alums).

9. tinman

Supporting Member

This thread is for rockets fans
    Rockets fans love Hakeem Olajuwon

If you don't like Hakeem Olajuwon videos
    Leave

CK Johnson likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

We need to bring back status on the board

Remember Hakeem status means greatest

Bandwagoner likes this.
  11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

tinman "If i only had a heart, or a brain, but for now ill just post my ignorance on clutchfans.net"...

bah.

12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

go knock on olujwaon door and show him your mechanical hand, tell him how you feel. I bet you he said get the fockazz out here.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Trolls leave

14. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I remember writing a school report and poster board presentation on Dream when I was in seventh grade in the early 90s. My dog actually ate through most of the poster the night before the presentation. Dream was so good and such an interesting person that it didn't even matter and the report was a huge success!

Proof of GOAT!

Killatron 2000 and tinman like this.
  15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

The dream is a good man. A great warrior. He is no wilt.. sorry.

saleem likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Sorry Trolls, no last word on a Hakeem thread for you

Bandwagoner and Killatron 2000 like this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I honestly think that Hakeem was the best all round center in the history of the game. Kareem was fantastic, he won with Oscar and Magic. Hakeem never had a PG of that caliber with him. I wonder quite often, how many titles would have Hakeem gotten otherwise, and just as importantly added to his longevity. Hakeem's brillance and leadership cannot be measured in words.
    It's no wonder, that MJ picked him as his center, in his all-time team.

xiki and luckyman76 like this.
  18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Wilt was amazing, a man amongst boys (exception Bill Russell) and averaged 55/27 in a season. However, that's the point. The Dream played in perhaps the golden era of competition and was the greatest center of his generation and anything that has come since. Dream was the perfect player because his skillset was endless. He literally had no weaknesses in his game and his unmatched character played out in the constant improvement of his game to find new ways to dominate every aspect of the game. There will never be another Wilt, there also will never be another Dream.

saleem and xiki like this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Perfect summer viewing, tinman! Totally agree with the thread title, as well. In my humble opinion, Olajuwon was the best center to ever lace them up. Dream came into the league when it was still a brutal game in many ways. I miss that NBA. Players weren't coddled all the time on the court, not like they are today. Get in a bit of a rumble with an opponent? Tossed from the game, but you played the next one. Hard fouls were part of the game, as was hand checking. The irony is that Dream brought grace and beauty never seen before or since at the 5 spot. Brutal, but beautiful.

While this doesn't really apply that much to Hakeem, I thought it was a nice video showing the change in hand checking rules. Don't know what I'm doing wrong embedding it, so just ignore the extraneous stuff around the edges. It's just one example of the rule changes that make the game such a different one for guys like Curry. Players like Hakeem and Jordan shrugged this stuff off. Click on the spoiler tag if you're interested.

<iframe width='480' height='290' scrolling='no' src='' frameborder='0' webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

xiki likes this.