1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

What I thought was interesting was that Tyrion / Dany were talking about her successor (what an odd topic to bring up) and then later she was telling Jon she can't have children.

J + D = a baby?

ghettocheeze and don grahamleone like this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

No, The Hound made that hole just for the cracked skull guy. He basically swam up from the same position he fell. He did no walking underwarer.
    How does it not make sense? If he could hurl a ice spear fast enough to pierce a dragons plated armor at a distance of a football field, Im pretty sure he could pick them off on the island like darts. Your Rickon analogy is rather dumbas the arrow cam from behind and above.

Lulz. You dont have to feel sorry for me. Feel sorry for the writers fudging this up. Its like you take this so personal as if you were one of the writers or something. Take a step back man. Youll give yourself an aneurysm. I didnt reply to your post to bash your thinking or logic, Im just discussing the show.

fba34 likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Point is this. They had 13 more episodes for this show and have to rush things. I think it all comes down to that and they no longer have the pacing guide that GRRM books provided.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I wish HBO would've just given David Benioff and D.B. Weiss huge raises to keep the show going for a more seasons instead rushing the end-game for a lesser quality product. I'm still enjoying it but the bad pacing and plotholes are piling up.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

How is OP Arya getting played by that weasel. This plot line is annoying the sh-t out of me.

...and

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Theyre probably more involved in the new show they were given.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This could be a different planet for all we know. What do we know about weather patterns on other planets that are more than 100 million miles away? How many times did these guys fall asleep and wake up? Was it the first night that Thoros died or the 10th? How fast do ravens fly here? How about dragons? Seems like a stupid argument coming from a lot of you considering the plot leaves so much room for time to pass. We don't know how long seasons last or days or years. There's a lot we don't know. It's a fantasy novel that isn't even necessarily based on Earth.

I'm more confused about how the wights got the steel to make the chains that pulled the wight dragon out of the water. How did they get the iron? Are they sophisticated enough to know how to make chains? If no, then how? Discuss. JK, you'll only speak from an authority you don't have. Thus sounding like a... fill in your own blank.

#1348 don grahamleone, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oh boy.. they need to cancel that before they air episode 1.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

HBO has crossed the threshold of profitability for the show, that's the only reason they are rushing things. The episodes are crazy expensive, and the actors salaries per episode have ballooned to historic rates.

I've always thought a theatrical movie to finish it off made the most sense given how much more profitable it would be, but I made peace with the inevitably rushed pace as soon as I heard the episode count.

I am still enjoying this season more than any other season. The only thing that is really bothering me is the utter disregard for time, but that isn't exactly draining my enjoyment. Sucks for you guys that you all seem to be miserable about it.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Their new show doesn't sound very interesting. Should've given them raises and promised them the new show only if they stayed on a few more seasons and closed GoT the right way. Win-win for everyone, especially us.

donkeypunch likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think they could show the time better.

For example, at least a night passed while they were battling the white walkers, Gendry ran off before that. You can see it is dark when they first get up there, when they show them again Thoros has died (Presumably over night in his sleep) and there is some light in the sky again. They could have shown it better with them huddled over a fire or something, showing that they've been there longer than the show will allow you to see.

But it is so rushed, like for example, if this had happened before the rush, I think they would have shown Jon stopping by Winterfell on his way to the wall, why wouldn't he stop there for a night or two? See Arya and Bran, then head off to the wall? They just don't have time anymore for small scenes like that and really those little small scenes is what made this show special, made every interaction feel special. At least for me.

13. don grahamleone

Yeah, they've fudged it up so much that no one watches anymore. :rolleyes:

Get real man, heyp is making fun of you for picking out details and overanalyzing them like they matter. Open your mind.. you don't have to be right about every initial thought in your head.

14. TheresTheDagger

The Night King has a dragon now, I come here to see some discussion on that (or how bout that cool big ass dead bear!) and all I see are posts whining about "time being unrealistic".

Sheesh.

Buzz kill central in this thread.

[​IMG]

15. don grahamleone

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they take boats to the wall? My understanding is that winterfell is nowhere near water, so.. well.. you know where I'm going with this.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They took boats on the way back for sure, to the wall? I don't know, Dragonstone is an island so they had to get on boats regardless I guess.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It must be the budget.

No way this series does not deserve at least 15 episodes per season. This way it will feel less rushed.

18. don grahamleone

He went 1 for 2 and had a limited amount of these special javelins. Perhaps the spears are reserved for the special moments when dragons are near? WTF knows... why not enjoy the show rather than picking out details that aren't hashed out yet? You're acting like that guy listening to a funny story amongst a group and keeps interrupting with prediction of how the story ends. People get annoyed and stop listening, but the story has a hilarious ending, but you're mad because it didn't end the way you wanted it to. Truth be told, you just want to be a story teller, but don't have jack **** to say so your stories suck and you're jealous.

Step back and enjoy. You're a great poster on this site. Always liked your stuff. Why are you throwing mud in here?

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

This thread seems to lack the discussion of what the wight dragon might mean (guesses are welcome) and that Jon Snow proposed to Danaerys. Seriously, he said "my queen" followed by something about not "bending the knee". That's a marriage proposal.

heypartner likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

Movies usually last about 2 hours or less and take a year to go from start to finish. These guys make essentially 5 full length features every year. Kudos to them. If they made 7 and a half a year... no way that improves anything quality wise. I hate to go cyberx on you guys about this sort of thing but you have no idea what it takes to get one of these shows in the can. It's amazing they run a profit at all.