1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

False Equivalence: 74% of Political Killings By Right Wing Extremists Since 2007

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gifford1967, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not sure about the supremacist aspect (doubtful), but he is a sovereign citizen. This is a violent right wing anti-government group.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is a very good point. Right Wing ideologies have existed in many many countries especially leading up to WW2 with Dantai in Japan, Mussolini in Italy, Franco in Spain, etc. Nationalism, and the term "right wing" go hand in hand so technically we have seen many races express right wing ideologies.

White Supremacy is certainly different than Japanese Nationalism in WW2, but you catch my drift. I think its a good point to note at least even though I'm not sure where you are going with your argument.

3. zksb09

zksb09 Member

Amiga likes this.
  4. zksb09

zksb09 Member

Yes. Also the radical Islamic fundamentalists are far right wing ideologues. Many dictators in South America as well.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think so too. In a different thread, I goad with the possibility of non-whites "taking over" the country. Should that happen, putting up statues of Farrakahn and Malcolm X (a Robert E Lee like character) would be right wing. After all, Black Americans have a legit claim of building our country, therefore those characters are a part of our heritage and history.

I'm just sick and tired of the race ****. Even if we all become mixed babies, there will still be a right and left. One represents a communitarian form of egalitarianism, and the other is usually some form of ethnocentric social darwinism that evokes a variant of Manifest Destiny.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Speaking of Darwinism... Someone sent this video to me today i found hilarious, and cathartic.

"Look at Toy Story.... they were all pretty different and they all got along and had a pretty good F*&ing time".

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you believe that the guy who murdered cops based on the same reasoning that BLM has protests was a right wing ideologue? How many members of Nation of Islam do you think have ever voted for a "right wing" politician in their lifetimes? How many Black supremacists identify themselves as "right wing"?

It's absolutely ridiculous.

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

It is possible to condemn both sides (alt-left and alt-right) just as much as it is to condemn both sides in Syria (Assad and the terrorists). It may even be possible to condemn allies (i.e. Stalin during WWII).

10. zksb09

zksb09 Member

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL sounds like you just want to pad the numbers to have them say what you want them to say. I mean, by your standard it means that it doesn't really matter what side of the aisle they are on, you are going to put pretty much all of them on the right for the sake of the study....which means the results mean nothing.

In your mind anything bad means it is right wing....which just shows your bias.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You would think this was just common sense and that any 10 year old could understand that logic....but so many here struggle with it.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Remember when this famous right winger was assassinated?

[​IMG]

14. zksb09

zksb09 Member

The Southern Poverty Law Center has accused Farrakhan of anti-Semitism and racism
    no, I was referring specifically to the quality of racism. What part of that do you not understand?

15. zksb09

zksb09 Member

Farrakhan by the way has denied it.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again...racism and anti-Semitism aren't "right wing" qualities, no group has a monopoly on it. Now I understand how that might be how you see it, but again, it's just you showing your bias. There are many "left wing" racists.

17. zksb09

zksb09 Member

People are not one dimensional. On the whole, Malcolm X leaned towards the left. But the ideology of race animosity that he rescinded in his later days was right wing. Everything doesn't fit into a nice simple box with a single label

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, he didn't lean left at all, he was a racist, thus in your mind it made him a ring winger....probably would have been a Trump voter. That's the level of argument you are bringing to the table right now.

Let's not forget these right wing radicals

[​IMG]

and their modern day right wing leader

[​IMG]

19. zksb09

zksb09 Member

You are being too simplistic. I am talking about ideologies. You, on the other hand, are attempting to paint individuals as being either completely right wing or left wing. Nobody is purely one or the other.

20. zksb09

zksb09 Member

Also Malcolm X most certainly leaned left in many aspects. Not through his skin color. But he was anti-capitalist which is typically a left ideology. The "white devils" bit was not.