1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. onreego

onreego Member

This lone blade dude is goin wild.

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

He's come a long way

Plowman and samtaylor like this.
  3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You forgot the Jared "Respect Him or He Will MAKE You Respect Him" Uthoff Era

4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

The Rockets roster feels ennatiquit without Melo... and Uthoff ;)

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Yo reeko!!! How did u join 4 months ago and have over 5k likes?????

Are you potato whisperer?????? :eek::eek:

Reeko and Tfor3 like this.
  7. rockets13champs

Is he a chef of Madison square garden

8. joshsemite

joshsemite Member

Is the problem that teams just don't have cap space to absorb Anderson's contract? NYK fan here, so I'm looking at it from the perspective that while I don't want Anderson's contract, he is a good player, but there would have to be boot added to the deal, and looking at it from a NY biased fashion, I still think that the young assets that Houston has are fair enough sweeteners to entice the Knicks to bite. Please tell me if I'm wrong about the following guys and the perceived value:

Isiah Taylor - I really like this guy from what I've seen w my eyes in Summer. Yeah I know it's only summer, but skills are skills and he is aggressive, fast and looks like he has good court vision. Can't see why he couldn't be a starting PG over Ramon Sessions and one of the building blocks for a team looking to get younger.

Isiah Hartenstein - I don't know what the condition is w his back, but the guy was a top 10 consensus pick in the preseason for the 2017 draft. And to be able to stash him in Europe for a year or two to hone his skills - doesn't look as skinny as KP either. Maybe a steal for the Rockets - could be a great piece too

Troy Williams - again - only can judge from eye test, but what am I missing - he looks like an athletic, big wing that can shoot. What am I missing?

These 3 + Anderson won't get the deal done? and maybe a future first?

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe there's more of an issue with the third team (whichever team it would be) sending out a contract that nobody really wants, and so thereby adding a sweetener. And maybe even a fourth team. Which complicates issues.

But you'll get all sorts of speculation here about the delays in the situation.

10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I think if these 3 were the missing pieces NY inquire about, then Morey won't hesitate a second to include all three since i only think Troy William is the only player that can contribute to the knicks right away.

11. joshsemite

joshsemite Member

Thank you. Could you tell me what the catch is with Isiah Taylor? Sorry for ignorance, but I really only know what I've seen in limited pieces. And I realize that Hartenstein is a lottery ticket. And that Cam Oliver can't be traded til December unfortunately for us.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Porzingis now publicly says he wants to spend his whole career in NY and doesn't want Melo traded. Doesn't Porzingis know that if the Knicks don't trade Melo that Porzingis will want out? Doesn't know that no one will EVER want to be in NY?

J.R. likes this.
  13. joshsemite

joshsemite Member

Doesn't Kyrie Irving want to be in NY?

14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I think Taylor can be a good serviceable back up but know nothing about Hartenstein besides his 2 games in summer league.

15. justtxyank

Even further eliminates the theory that if they don't do right by Melo and trade him for long term contracts that they'll be DOOMED.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

SAS: He's right about him being at peace because it's a no lose situation in his eyes.
    1) His money is guaranteed. That's most important to him. He's going to get paid.
    2) Phil Jackson is gone. He doesn't have to worry about Phil Jackson this upcoming season.
    3) He made it clear to James Dolan he wants out & wants to go to Houston. In the event he doesn't land in Houston or Cleveland, then what's the alternative? Continue getting paid in excess of $22M per year while not having to play for Phil Jackson. That is an ideal situation for Carmelo Anthony to be in & why he's cool with it.

amaru likes this.
  17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Wind is turning it seems. If this drags on, I wouldn't be surprised if Melo stayed in NY in the end.

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

For the life of me, I don't understand this sentiment. Melo might stay in NY, which has always been a possibility, but the only "deadline" is around September 20 or whenever teams report to camp. I get that fans are impatient, and it's frustrating, but the status on July 25, August 3, August 17, August 26, etc. doesn't move the needle in any direction. To me, the odds are exactly the same now as they were on July 13 (the night of the "pause" announcement), and it's probably going to stay that way until September. Then, we'll see what the Knicks do when deadline pressure arrives.

To be clear, that theory is dependent on Carmelo going nuclear and airing all the dirty laundry. Carmelo is happy now and staying quiet, but that's because he (along with practically everyone else around the NBA) is treating his move to Houston as inevitable. If not, maybe the "nuclear option" won't happen, or maybe it's overblown... but I don't think the feelings of Irving and Porzingis today have much to do with what might happen after Anthony launches an all-out offensive on the organization. All hypothetical, of course.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  19. Coach E

Coach E Member

I think he is at peace because he knows he is being dealt.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  20. justtxyank

Cat I know your position and generally agree with you. I was referring to a discussion yesterday where the argument was made that they'll never get another star unless they trade Melo to Houston for as long as James Dolan is there. M

There is way too much hyperbole and drama involved in this story

The Cat and onreego like this.