1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CBA] Terrence Jones signs 1-yr/$2M deal with Qingdao Eagles

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by craguin, Jul 30, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ex Rox players have it easy in China, people know they played for the Rox and they will cheer for them.

2. macan

macan Member

it just shows how bad our roster was back then@.@good things dmo, jones and dwigt r all gone!

3. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

And almost none of that team players can't find a job, expect DH. And they have been at WCF, just unreal.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Still find it telling that DMo couldn't displace TJones as backup PF on NOLA, neither before or after the Cousins trade.

This is not a good sign for DMo's prospects, which is probably why he finally decided to showcase himself with the national team, that he hid from last summer-- turning down an Olympic invitation saying he had to work on negotiations...or hide his stiff back. Odd that earlier in June this year he said he'd only play on the EuroBasket 2017 if he had a contract. Guess he's been humbled into knowing he needs to showcase himself.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

great, now it is redemption year of Ryno Anderson.

6. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I'm sorry but Hibbert is trash.

7. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

from what i heard, he is getting around 6 - 7 million a year, so basically, he is getting the proposed dmo's contract with rockets in China, Smart move, if he wins championship in china, he might get even more endoresement money

8. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

No, it just shows how bad you are at evaluating talent or talking basketball as an intelligent fan. Injuries is the reason why these players are where they are now, not because they were always bad. They were really good when Rockets finished 2nd in the West that year.

9. heypartner

Where you hear it was a multi-year deal? I'll trust David Pick (the Woj of the international scene) over your sauces. His tweet in the OP clearly says it's a 1yr deal.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sauces: Jones has NBA talent

Easy and Mazulis like this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Uh, yeah. I know. I know what a tweener is and I know about Terrence Jones.

That's part of the reason why I said it's ridiculous to say he'd be the best PF on our team if we signed him.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Versatility is what a team needs; guys who can do multiple things well. TJones doesn't do multiple things well.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

@Lone Blade is pretty extraordinary on this page.

1. We need TJones cuz he's a tweener, which is valued in today's NBA.
    2. We should get Hibbert; he's a center who's been made irrelevant by today's NBA.

You do realize those POVs contradict each other right?

And they're also both bizarre: Jones is positionless because he's not good at any one thing, not because he has a wide skill set. And you tell us why Hibbert is irrelevant and then just declare he'd do well here just cuz. AND you seem to think a PnR big is the same thing as a back to the basket big.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm just trying to make sense of what you're saying.

So you want Jones as a stretch 5? That's what you're advocating? So when you said he'd instantly be our starter at PF when we signed him, you actually meant that you'd be open to trying him as a stretch 5 like RHJ? Because those are two very different statements.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Alright. I see what's up now.

My bad, all. My bad.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was wondering you had a child's understanding of basketball. It's because you're a LOF. Now it all makes sense.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Only 24 yrs old?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure and he can play those spots at a decently high level if you are at a local YMCA, so that's versatility AND YMCA caliber talent, exactly what you need for success in the CBA.

19. heypartner

Had to give Woj credit, since this guy just linked to Woj's tweet and is getting clicks off of it.

Os Trigonum and craguin like this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Are you ok? I never even mentioned Ball or Summer League. Are you trying to reply to a different post?

I'm sorry you weren't able to delete your Lin writing before I saw it, but you don't need to get so upset. LOFs gonna LOF and I get that. But you can do better than this. I've been here for 12 years, you've been here a few days. "Newbie" lol.

Do your parents know you're on the internet?