1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving wants out

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Jul 21, 2017.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Tnx! Knew it couldn't be true

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

DJ shot 48.2% from FT and TT shot 49.8% from FT. It's not that big a difference.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Thompson won't get you anything good back though.

I'm sure Lebron would love to get Pat, and rightfully so, but DeAndre is not that much of an upgrade over TT imo, certainly not enough value to convince me to trade Irving if i'm the Cavs.

Anyway the Clippers should trade everyone to get Irving, they won't have a chance to get that caliber of player in free agency anyway so, they should also add Lou, Dekker, Trez and take back Shumpert.

And on a side note, in fact i would love to see Pat in Cleveland, gaves him a good chance to compete like he deserves, and in a couple of years maybe he'll be back here.

arabrocket likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes its a big difference. teams hack DJ twice as much as TT. you have to look at actual context and not just %'s. DJ shot over 400 ft's this past season. TT at 200. The year before DJ shot over 600 Ft's and TT still at 240. There's a reason for that bc DJ sucks at FT's huge difference

5. War Machine

War Machine Member

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

FT issues notwithstanding, DJ is better at everything else, enough to more than make up for teams hacking. He's just a super version of TT. The man is perhaps the greatest rim runner ever. He shoots over 71% for god's sake. I'd be interested to how Lebron plays off of a truly elite rim runner. He's never had that in his career.

7. KrisD

KrisD Member

True but also but you can run the PnR well with DAJ. FG % in the regular season was 71.4 and TT was 60%. He won't get as many lobs that he got with CP3 but LBJ will find him the ball.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't think its enough to make up for the hacking. TT is very solid in pick and roll and finishing. the difference of impact on the game between the two isn't that significant outside of FT's. atleast i don't see it.

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Jordan is also a huge upgrade on the boards. He grabs 34% of defensive rebounds and TT grabs less than 20%. Cavs were only 21st on defensive boards last year.

10. KrisD

KrisD Member

He also won't disappear on the boards like TT did. He may have had one bad series but he pick the worst time to have it. Kevin Love shouldn't be doing most of the work as a big even though he is great at it.
    TT avg 5.8 rbs in the finals while LBJ and Love had 12 and 11.2 respectively

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

For his size, TT is one of the poorest finishers ever. I've ridiculed him here about that for several years.

Both guys are very flawed but, IMO, DJ impacts the game more consistently. TT can be game-changing on the offensive glass when he tries, but he disappears too often.

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Of course they are but not when you bunch them up together when they play similar positions...
    The current wolves lineup makes more sense as is, the clippers lol? They got that good guy from Europe at least give him a chance.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Kylie is insanely overrated

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Eric Gordon
    Clint Capela
    Future 1st Round Pick.

Get Kyrie!

Starting 5:
    Paul, Irving, Harden, Ariza, Anthony (or Anderson)

17. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Bro, they stole that trade proposal from this forum lmao. I suggested they should do that on like page 1 of this thread.

18. War Machine

War Machine Member

19. War Machine

War Machine Member

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

It means he's a luggage person and Pop just gave him the most Pop response. Without being rude, like he would to someone with a real job.

red5rocket and Daddy Long Legs like this.